Jimquisition: How Sony Can Make it Up To You

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
How Sony Can Make it Up To You

When sweet baby Jesus was born, three wise men gave unto him three precious gifts -- gold, frankincense, and this episode of The Jimquisition about Sony's PSN debacle.

Watch Video

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Okay Jim, this one was much better. I will give this series a chance after all. Hope the fourth one continues like this one -- not the previous two.

Less atrocious ranting, audio was more clear, and video looked better*.
The calmer speaking helped a lot as well.

Doesn't hurt that you have me agreeing with you either! Especially the endless updates...

*At least in the high quality version, the video is sandboxed with black bars on all sides.
//Edit: only the HQ version apparently so this is probably not your fault.
//Edit2: sandboxed issue fixed today. :)

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Yes Tomba! or Tombi?

God damnit I haven't played that games in years.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I rather like that they're offering Identity Protection or are at least working towards it. Thats... really impressive.

Though I dont know good a Medievil Three would be good after all this time and that complete 180 the studio took in their game developments.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
While I agree with the game choices(especially Tomba), I still say this is better suited as a podcast. Better than the previous ones though.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I love the sense of humor towards all the hate from people who don't seem to have enough common sense to just not watch if they don't like the series. I don't think I've ever laughed 5 seconds into a video before.

Tomba! That would be pretty sweet. I still have my PS1 version though, so I can play it right now if I want to. Mwahahahaha! It is a great game though, so if it does come on the PS Store someday, everyone who doesn't have a PS1 copy should buy it.

And yeah, less firmware updates! I wouldn't care if they didn't take so damn long to download and install, but for crying out loud Sony. Also, I love the XMB theme with a trollface for the System Update icon. If someone makes that theme for real, I'm downloading it.

But anyway, I'm already pretty happy with the identity theft protection/monitoring services they're offing us in the US. If they wanted to do that less firmware updates thing though, that could only make me happier.

erbkaiser said:
*At least in the high quality version, the video is sandboxed with black bars on all sides.
I only see the same two black bars on the side that EVERY video has in the HQ version.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Huh.... well I'm pretty sure those three wouldn't solve all the problems, but at least the third would go some way to making amends.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
I like this show, but it really needs to get a visual revamp. Alternating camera angles, better quality filming, etc.

Not sure if they would make everyone forgive Sony. Maybe a free PSN voucher would? Still, if Sony did them, I would forgive them (despite the fact that I do not care that PSN has been down for ages as I only play single player games on the PS3 mainly).

Griphphin

Jul 4, 2009
This one was much better in my opinion, loved that jab in the first few seconds of the video. I'd love a Toomba for the PS3 and I don't even own one, I could watch a Let's Play for some vicarious nostalgia.

Hitman Dread

Mar 9, 2011
I do not own a PS3, so I can not say what I would need for Sony if this had happened to me. I do know that I would have bought some games off of PSN, labeling me for identity theft and credit card faud, but I still have no idea of how I would actually get. In terms of making it up for me, I can't say.

However I can offer two perspectives, one as someone who works in retail, and one as a potential customer.

Sony is going to have to work hard to build it's image up. This has gone beyond the playstation brand, and has gone to effect my ability to sell ANY Sony electronic device. This has been a disaster for Sony that even more older clients at my Rent-to-own store are aware, if misinformed about.

As a potential customer who is mostly indifferent about this whole incident, Sony should follow what many other companies, such as Capcom, are doing to reengage their image within their community. Become more involved in your community across the globe. Even if you can't provide them with Legend of the Dragoon 2, don't go quiet. Tell them why, let them know what's going on. Having a community manager like Seth Killian on the floor really does a ton to help your image on multiple fronts. Sony lacks this, and it is hurting them.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
Huh. This series has saved itself from the brink of death. Good work!

The first episode was just...Godawful.
The second episode was okay. Nothing special, but okay.
This episode was actually entertaining. You know what Jim, if you keep this up, i´m going to become a regular on this show!

Not like i matter, though.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
erbkaiser said:
Okay Jim, this one was much better. I will give this series a chance after all. Hope the fourth one continues like this one -- not the previous two.

Less atrocious ranting, audio was more clear, and video looked better*.
The calmer speaking helped a lot as well.

Doesn't hurt that you have me agreeing with you either! Especially the endless updates...

//Edit: only the HQ version apparently so this is probably not your fault.
Thats how I feel, this was a last chance video for me and it was good enough to watch the forth. Giving up on the piracy battle and stoping with the constant updates would be a god send.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
mjc0961 said:
erbkaiser said:
I only see the same two black bars on the side that EVERY video has in the HQ version.
Looks like this to me:

Sandboxed. Bars on top and bottom remain even if I blow it up to fullscreen (userJS), doesn't happen for the other vids here. Shall try the Flash copy.
//Edit: Flash doesn't have the top and bottom bars.

sushkis2

Apr 14, 2011
Huh, good one, I guess... I hope you do better next time, Jim, as this episode changed my opinion about you and your show ;) With Medievil, I TOOOOOOTALLY agree... I still play that one with the psx emulator, and for those of you, who have old ps1 titles but dont have the system, I suggest do the same!!!!! (try ePSXe, 'tis the best!!)

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
Either that or just give out fruit baskets...by which I mean baskets containing fruits, not that crap anime...

Or heck, I'd settle for 3 strippers and a cake, I'm easy either way Sony...