Jimquisition: How Sony Can Make it Up To You

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Blek, sorry Jim, your show's a bit too dry for my taste. Was really hopin' the Escapist would finally have something for me to watch outside of LoadingReadyRun, but alas, twas not so.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
Negatempest said:
chif-ii said:
Epiphany, guys.

Jim is kinda like Steven Colbert. If you don't understand that his douchebag, self-centered behavior is just an act, in the same way that Colbert's all-knowing yet idiotic comedy is just an act, than you're going to get all tight in the underpants about it. If, however, you recognize the act for what it is, than it becomes more enjoyable.

Still, his sense of humor is still a little too...rough for my tastes.
{sarcasm}OMG! That's not an act! Next thing your going to tell me is that Angry Video Game Nerd is a fake character! He is another angry customer just like the rest of us. Or that Yahtzee isn't the real name of the Zero Punctuation character. You are such a troll{/sarcasm}

...Sorry for that. I agree, some people have their nickers in a bunch for no real reason.
Exactly, that's why I finally warmed to this series when I laughed at the final lines of this episode. That ending made me get it.

EGtodd09

Oct 20, 2010
I laughed this time, good work. Unfortunately, I only have a PC and a PS2 (FTW!) and so this episode doesn't really hold to much value for me.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
If we need tame Jimquisitions like this so you can let 'er rip on occasion, like old times, then all is forgiven. Seriously I look forward to Mondays now on the Escapist just like Wednesdays and Thursdays. Hopefully the Escapist gives the Jimquisition enough of a chance to let the common folk warm up to ya.

But I do not like this new setup. Go back to the hand held microphone, and if you need something in the background, which you don't, then green screen something.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
wait, this is supposed to be funny?

i have watched your first 3 episodes and thats it, not watching this waste of escapist space.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
To be honest, I was rather pissed that they thought a subscription to two services I had no interst in the first place. I mean, music streaming? Being able to back up games online? Those two don't bother me and they've got a free service for the other, if they wanted to win people over in an instand, Free sony product off the PSN for X amount of time, their games, movies and music; then and only then would I be pleased.

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Okay,..wait one second. So we (The escapees) are too high brow for this show, BUT a show dedicated to the sole purpose of dropping a single item a day in slow motion is "tasteful"? We are one heck of a fickle bunch.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
First time I watch this series. I dunno,; I still like Yahtzee's or Lisa's vids better. But I must admit this guy makes some great points. I remember playing a demo for Tomba 2 (I think) and I loved the game. I would have bought it if I would have had any money at the time. Medievil? Yeah, also played the demo and it was good so alright.

System update? YES, PLEASE! Every single time I turn on my PS3 or attempt to play a new game, I know I gotta have at least 30 spare minutes for the inevitable system update. If I wanna play for less than 30 minutes...well, that's just impossible because most PS3 updates take that long.
messy" post="6.282797.11100586 said:
One can't help but think that arrogance is real. I'm sure that such a persona is going to be exaggerated online for "comedic" effect however I can't help but think he's really like this. And it just makes the whole thing a bit irritating to watch, kudos on the two games mentions though.

Here's some more personal games that Sony could add to their library and they can also have my personal information along with my first born child:

-Legend of Dragoon (Sequel/ remake with better everything)
-Megaman Legends 3 (Don't like those Nintendo kids get a game they won't appreciate!)
-Um Jammer Lammy

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
ok the first one was really bad and the second one was meh at beast but this one was really good and quite entertaining.
oh and i don't think this would work better as a podcast.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Jim, I love you now for that jab at the Escapist community. Seriously we deserve it, we take so much piss you'd think it was our fetish.

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
Negatempest said:
Okay,..wait one second. So we (The escapees) are too high brow for this show, BUT a show dedicated to the sole purpose of dropping a single item a day in slow motion is "tasteful"? We are one heck of a fickle bunch.
This don't occurs only in The Escapist.
Me and my friends always want fast internet here in our region so we can play with gamers around the world. When the fast internet days came and we saw how the other gamers are... Well, suffice to say that only one of my friends still play and single player only. Basically, if you will try rationalize you probably conclude that wants nothing in common with these people and ends stoping playing. So probably it's better not to take anything seriously.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
...Why do I get the feeling Jim is unaware of the fact that delivering his lines like that doesn't help his case AT ALL?

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Release Spyro the Dragon on whatever PSN store Australia uses and I'll forgive Sony.

I still don't really like this show that much, however, after going on Destructoid to see more of Jim's work I realised he likes the Dynasty Warriors series.

Great, now I can't hate him.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Good news! The three-episode break-in period is over and this show is on track. Good thing too, cos I really like these sort of "angry logic" shows, and that this one pulled itself up from its rocky beginnings is a triumph.

Good work Jim! :D

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
I'm slightly suprised about the generally positive feedback here, most people really disliked the first two, and I thought this would be the final nail in the coffin seeing as he doesn't really say anything in the long run...
I somewhat liked the first two episodes actually, he just needed some polish on his delivery as far as I cared.

Quite frankly I'd give him bonus points if he didn't have (what is in my opinion) the WORST intro of all Escapist series...

But, to each his own. If others enjoy it then I won't spoil things, I hate the people who do that :/
I'll probably give it a few more shots and if I don't like it I'll just pack up and watch the other shows :p

PS: apologies for any typos, I'm tired and it's been pretty cold here recently (numbish fingers)...

Hafnium

Jun 15, 2009
Assassin Xaero said:
Hafnium said:
Assassin Xaero said:
The Medievil 3 thing would be nice, because I was just about to go buy the old one on PSN when it was brought down. But that is just my opinion. They don't really owe us anything, and if anyone does, it is the prick hackers that took it down.
Any company that holds so much information on you, owes you to protect it. I don't own a console at the moment, but if my personal data was stolen, I'd expect apologies and stuff of actual value..

Good video btw, pretty funny lines (I know some people can't stand him, I think he's alright).
Thing is, if someone really wants it, they will get it. And expecting some free games seems like a greedy way to handle the "shit happens" situation. They did tell you that the information may have been taken before they were sure if it was or not.
I don't know anything about hacking, but yeah it is impossible to stop with 100% certainty. That being said, I do think they need to step up and, just like when mmo's have severe downtime, give a little to the players instead of going "tough shit" :p

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009
At least this didn't feature poorly drawn junk, so good for that.

Still, I don't think this is my cup of tea. I mean, it's improved so much since that terrible first episode. But I still didn't find it funny. It's hard to tell where the parody ends and the serious buisness begins. And the arrogance certainly doesn't help distinguish the two. Especially with the name. It just seems to be a poor attempt to create shock and intrigue simply by having your name implemented in the word "inquisition". I don't know about you, but that word isn't exactly one that I think is necessary for a talking segment, especially for one about the gaming industry.

Besides, his opinion on gaming is probably worth as much as my own; just one voice amidst a sea of millions. The only difference being that he's got friends in high places who give him opportunities to amplify that voice.

So, three strikes and goodbye? Sounds fair, yeah? Wish you success in your endeavors.