Jimquisition: How Sony Can Make it Up To You

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Ok, to be honest after the first two I had come to the conclusion, this series was absolute shit.

However for some reason i had decided that I'd watch this one . you know what... It was good. You've definitely found a groove that works for you. now some more polish and i can see this becoming something that would find it's way in my regular watched list.

I shall remain cautious but it looks like there is potential now.

Furore23

Feb 9, 2010
Yeah... sorry. I hate to say anything negative about an internet reviewer. But I have to in this case.

I really hate the 'petition to remove this dude' thing. I do. I think each reviewer has a viewpoint to offer.

But, well. 'Jimquisition' is crap. There ya go. This series is not worthy of The Escapist's bandwidth. Your money and internets would be better spent on products like (in order of awesome):

1. Doomsday Arcade.
2. Extra Credits.
3. There Will Be Brawl.
4. Escape to the Movies/The Big Picture.
5. LRR/Unskippable/etc.
6. Drawn By Pain.
7. ANYTHING ELSE.

I mean, really. I see what this guy is trying to do. I've watched a couple eps. But seriously, there's nothing to distinguish him from any number of crappy internet 'reviewers', except that he is much more boring than most.

Sorry Jim. I really hate to say it. You're boring.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
"The only way Sony could get any more bad press is if they released a video series on The Escapist."
I wonder how many people read enough comments on the previous Jimquisition episodes to know just how true that is...
That said... I think I'd agree to a point that they should probably tone down the firmware updates a bit, but I think the one that they're releasing as soon as the PSN comes back online is more than understandable, after all, they just updated the servers, and they have to ensure everyone changes their passwords and everything. It's not like it's just another pirate-blocker.

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
" I got 3 things Sony could do"
*holds up 2 fingers*

But anyway.. Nice! I love the more selfish approach, it gives him some nice character. But he needs to work on the backround and that desk thingy. Gj mate!

templargunman

Oct 23, 2008
I liked it better when your humor was really subtle. Too bad people thought it was a completely serious rant show.

Azarhac

Oct 30, 2010
For years I have waited for someone to recognize the awesome of medievil, I can honestly say FF 7/9 were only slightly better thanks to their length, first time I watched a jimquisition good stuff.

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
So you took someone who is currently less liked, make it a common enemy and thus making us symphasize with you?
Meh, not really impressive, but at least it was something new which I haven't seen somewhere else. I'll let this one slide ;)

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
I love you, Large man, I love you.

Everything you say is true

UPDATE

UPDATE

UPDATE

Mister Swift

Disingenuously asserting.
Jan 27, 2010
I don't like this man, and I don't like his videos.

I don't care if that's the way he likes it.

Hlain

Sep 26, 2009
Wow, this show really has no reason to exist.
First two episodes was a repetition of already explored topics, and since he has no comedic value or special "twist" to the show, it's just plain boring.

Now we got to see him mentioning two games he like, and saying that constant updates can be annoying. Thrilling "rant" you got there Jim...

As has been said earlier; three strikes, you're out. Bring back Lisa Foiles, her top 5 at least had silly jokes and tight tops!

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Even better idea - £10 free download on PSN?
I wouldn't spend any money on PSN otherwise, so it's not like they're losing my custom. Rather, they're gaining it.

And I do agree about Medieval 3, too. Such a jolly little romp in the (undead) park. :D

Jas0913

Jan 16, 2010
This video seems more like a fan boy rant than an actual way for Sony to make it up to their customers. While your last suggestion is decent it's seriously unlikely to happen. Yes updating my PS3 all the time is a bit annoying but it has never stopped me from wanting to play it and it and it's not that big a deal.

It looks like hardly any effort went into making these videos. Please escapist get this guy off your site he's just a loud and obnoxious fan boy, his opinions are dumb and meaningless and his videos are more like rants.

kabooz18

May 27, 2009
mrF00bar said:
What is the music in the video called?
http://grooveshark.com/#/s/Jesters+Of+The+Moon/2SVsIO?src=5
If you mean this one it's "Jesters of the Moon" from Final Fantasy IX (9)

for a moment I thought I was the only one noticing the music XD

Kasper Gundersen

Oct 18, 2010
And just after seeing this video, I immediately turned on my Playstation and started playing Tomba! for 3 hours! Damn, it's a great game!!! :D

Furore23

Feb 9, 2010
... and here is me swallowing my stupid face and apologising.

Okay. I jumped the gun and shoved my foot in mouth. I don't ALWAYS enjoy this show's style, but I really should have waited a bit longer to get in on the joke, and listen to the content, which is generally pretty good. He's deliberately confrontational, and I was having some kind of derp episode and didn't get.

Sorry, Mr Sterling. You're not boring.