Jimquisition: In the Hall of the Mountain Dew

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Mountain Dew tastes like freaking Fairy liquid man...
<--- Pepsi fan.

I wanna know what game devs are ACTUALLY doing with all this money, anyone know of a show/site that lists expenses, etc? Im generally curious.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Is it wrong that I want to hug Jim after that?

Nobody should have to suffer through Mountain Dew alone!

Their monetary concerns are kinda...Well, crap.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
How much did Miniature Willem Dafoe get paid to hug that Dorito in this weeks episode?

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Oh, God. That intro was amazing.

Aside from that, I don't have much to say. Entertaining and good video as always.

DVS BSTrD said:
If only they advertised Thousand Island, then we could call it crossdressing
I love this idea. Especially if they officially called it that and insisted that anybody who wants their bonus stuff had to order it by saying they wanted to try crossdressing. Oh, the trolling of people who shout "fag" online. Yes. Yesssss.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
I slept through most of the episode, but I heard something about Mountain Dew... I like Mountain Dew... But sleeping is better.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I agree with this episode and love it even though you seem to repeat the same points several times.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
If you needed any more proof that video games are part and parcel of the mainstream entertainment industry, here it is. Pro sports teams guzzle cash from sponsors and TV networks and city governments, and ticket prices continue to hover in the stratosphere. Tentpole movies are co-financed by government grants and tax breaks, sell buckets of toys and other tie-in merchandising, have product placement in their films, but try seeing a blockbuster film without paying the 3D/IMAX/what-have-you surcharge. And of course the movie studios keep crying over piracy while failing to provide any kind of effective digital distribution model for their content. If you had any doubts the AAA game industry is one of the big (whiny) boys now, you can discard them.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
It was inevitable this was going to start happening more and more.

Corporations and corporate entities are there to make money, not art. They couldn't give a brass monkeys about the licence or the fan base. If they think they can make a thousand more bucks by screwing the IP over with mountain dew or subway ads. Just watch them do it. Just watch them kill golden goose after golden goose.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
Stop beating around the bush Jim, tell us how you really feel.
Mountain Dew isn't that bad provided you drink it in a cup that's three parts ice and one part soda so that it is so cold that your tastebuds can't even discern what you are pouring down you gullet. If that crap gets warm though, it may very well kill you or at least leave you needing a few years of therapy to get over the PTSD.
As far as crossovers are concerned, when will McDonalds start giving out free Halo 4 glasses with the purchase of a happy meal.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Jim first off let me say this... I fucking love you man! I say we get rid of this silly notion of Jim Sterling for President and bump this up to the next notch, Jim Sterling for Supreme Overseer. You just come in and tell us how to live our lives and we obey as the happy little peons we are.

OT: I couldn't agree more. I think that video game advertising has its place. I fully supported Anarchy Online when they went Free to Play with in game ads (well the base game anyway, not the expansions), the line has to be drawn though when the developers are expecting us to continue buying ever increasingly bad products from a customer service level. I think it was Gabe Newell who said "It is a sad state of affairs when the pirates release better copies of the games than the developers" (not that I or he support piracy mind). If they want to have their fueled by Mountain Dew ad campaign, fine knock a fiver off of the product, don't expect us to stomach your greed with open arms.

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
You know, I try not to think about just how much money AAA developers/publishers rake in on their big titles, because it makes this funny little vein in my forehead start to throb. What the hell do they do with it? It can't just be to fund more development, it can't possibly be for that...

Oh, shit, there's the vein. Goddamn it.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
Video games are making more money than blockbuster movies these days, so the big releases claiming they are short of cash is bollocks and thanks jim for stating it in such a manner.

Had me in stitches ^_^

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
I use Internet explorer... but yeah, I'll stick with PC gaming and Steam rather than have Microsoft mining my wallet forevermore.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
All this is well and good, but what I want to know is how does Jim know what hedgehog piss tastes like? :p

Brad Gardner

Jun 5, 2012
You need to make at least 6 to 7 trillion dollars net profit. Before you can be considered successful in the multinational business world, and that's on one property.

All Joking aside, I'm not sure if they are comparing games to business software ie MS Office and Adobe Premiere and what not.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Don't mention the Dew! Jim mentioned it once, but I think he got away with it all right.