Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards, Part One

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Jimquisition Awards, Part One

The very first Jimquisition Awards are here! Five days, five games, five awards!

Watch Video

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Is there going to be an... "awards" series for games that have turned out to be exceptionally shit?

Or has that been left to Yahtzee?

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
1st reaction: Wait, that's it? Well that was short.
2nd reaction: Oh, it's resuming tomorrow. Well that's okay then.
3rd reaction: I need to get Dishonored one of these days...

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
gigastar said:
Is there going to be an... "awards" series for games that have turned out to be exceptionally shit?

Every year I do a "Top Ten Shittiest Games" rundown. That's coming next week.

Yes, on Christmas Eve.

Yes, I feel slightly guilty.

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
gigastar said:

Jim said on Podtoid that he is going to be doing that on Christmas Eve IIRC.

Also,

Lone Survivor.

Edit: Goddamn Ninja Sterling.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Jimothy Sterling said:
gigastar said:

Yes, on Christmas Eve.

Now i actually have a reason to hope the world wont end on Thursday.

Thanks.

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
Jimothy Sterling said:
gigastar said:

Yes, on Christmas Eve.

On Christmas we will thank God for the holidays, the peace and goodwill towards all and, of course, Jim.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
WaitWHAT said:
I have to say I'm quite enjoying this format. Will it become a regular Christmas awards series?
Depending on how well this goes, yes. I've been working hard to turn this into as credible an award show as I can, and if it's taken well by the viewers and secures a place of prestige, I'll definitely be back with more next year.

BahamutWings

Jan 19, 2010
Please, does anyone know the music from the opening montage? i really likes it! (also love ID'ing the FF9 in the background every week :D )

charliesbass

Feb 22, 2012
I'm thinking tomorrows winner is either Lone Survivor (hence the mask) or Borderlands 2 (hence the mask, to a lesser extent) but most probably lone survivor.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Good first pick. I'm liking the awards so far. Keep it going Jim!

(Also, I wonder what will be more fun to see? The good games, or the bad games?)

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
WaitWHAT said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
WaitWHAT said:
I have to say I'm quite enjoying this format. Will it become a regular Christmas awards series?
Depending on how well this goes, yes. I've been working hard to turn this into as credible an award show as I can, and if it's taken well by the viewers and secures a place of prestige, I'll definitely be back with more next year.

OT: How will you measure whether this is effective or not? Number of views? Quick flick through the comments? Set up a poll?
Number of factors. General audience reaction, direct feedback, and what the winners do with their awards (already been told Bethesda is quite pleased with this, so that's a hot start!).

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
BahamutWings said:
Please, does anyone know the music from the opening montage? i really likes it! (also love ID'ing the FF9 in the background every week :D )
Cryogenic Echelon's "Demigod." 'Tis credited at the end.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
BahamutWings said:
watch after the ending credits (Jim should have already taught you that somewhat.

OT: so is it 4 games, and then One of those is game of the year, or is it 5 separate games, and we are leading up to a "game of the year" (does a game being stated earlier in the week mean it will not win the final award? if so are these games being given in ascending order?

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Not sure you can really have a go with the guessing game if you've already shown the games in the opening cinematic.