Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Jimothy Sterling said:
gigastar said:
Is there going to be an... "awards" series for games that have turned out to be exceptionally shit?

Or has that been left to Yahtzee?
Every year I do a "Top Ten Shittiest Games" rundown. That's coming next week.

Yes, on Christmas Eve.

Yes, I feel slightly guilty.
One thing I'd like to tell ya about the awards so far is that I like the new background you put up. It's not all that fancy, but I still like it when people give attention to the smaller details of things.

Side note: For the top ten worst games,

As always, thank God for you Jim.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
May I ask what was the song during the montage? Would really like to know,thank you! :)

Great one so far Jim,can't wait for part 2!

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
DarkhoIlow said:
May I ask what was the song during the montage? Would really like to know,thank you! :)

Great one so far Jim,can't wait for part 2!
It tells you what the song is after the credits. I forgot what it was called though.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
So Jim's first "Outstanding game of 2012" is also the first game in my bottom 5 of 2012...
Spectacular...

I'll go out on a limb and guess that Mass Effect 3 and Black Ops 2 are going to be on the list as well.
Those are just guesses though

and tomorrow... The Walking Dead... maybe... The surgical mask was prominently featured in Episode 4.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Considering my taste in games probably the only game I've played that may end up on this list will be The Walking Dead.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
At the risk of drawing everyone else's Ire...Dishonoured was one of the worst choices you could have picked, Jim. It's a bland, cookie-cutter game made solely because DX:HR sold well. It uses a good chunk of the same gameplay from that game too, with the lethal and non lethal routes, while also coming off as a pretty badly done Theif. Even more confusingly, it can't decide which it wants to be. The gameplay was so bad, I couldn't finish it in one sitting.

Also...not sure if Dubstep or Drum & Bass used in the opening there.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
I'm surprised so many people didn't get the clue, or maybe I did a facepalm at their lack of knowledge. It's obviously Lone Survivor.

Let's give Spec Ops The Line some love, especially for its progressive IN-GAME storytelling and critique of modern military or just violent games in general.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
InaquiTheArgentinian said:
Azuaron said:
Prediction: tomorrow is The Walking Dead, as Molly tended to wear a mask just like that.
i think the same, but then it would be a really loose clue
If we're sticking to loose clues it could be borderlands 2. Doctor Zed wears the mask too.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
I need to pick up Dishonored one of these days. My bet's on Lone Survivor winning it tommorow. And if so, I agree. I don't like or even play horror games, but that one caught my eye and sucked me in.

zelatoth

May 28, 2008
I played Dishonored for 3 missions and got bored. It felt to much like other games i've played.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Exciting. Love to see Dishonored getting more press. Can't wait for the next entries.

Kross said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
gigastar said:
Is there going to be an... "awards" series for games that have turned out to be exceptionally shit?

Or has that been left to Yahtzee?
Every year I do a "Top Ten Shittiest Games" rundown. That's coming next week.

Yes, on Christmas Eve.

Yes, I feel slightly guilty.

Top 10 "I really hope you didn't just buy these as a gift" list.

We encourage all forms of dream crushing here. :D
The Escapist: Where we bash you on the head with amazing games, and make you feel massive amounts of doubt and remorse about everything else you've bought. :D

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
What the hell was that?

The game footage montage combined with the dub-step soundtrack makes me want to hate Jim, even though I usually think he's OK.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
SomebodyNowhere said:
would the shortening of the award name be the Jimmy?
No, I think it would be "Jimmy Hat"... which is a special kind of... hat... that you wear on your... Jimmy.

Daget Sparrow

Oct 2, 2011
Azuaron said:
Prediction: tomorrow is The Walking Dead, as Molly tended to wear a mask just like that.
I refute that assumption with Lone Survivor - a game that absolutely deserves an award or two.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
So you put a 1 minute intro into a 4 minutes video and will spam those 1 day each over 5 days.

Doogan

Apr 2, 2012
Ahh Jim still referencing FF-IX's music as the backing tune but the Backing music while Jim is talking on camera is from FF-VII the marching tune when you have to imitate a Shin-ra Soldier at Junon Harbour.