Jimquisition: Monster Boobs And Plastic Children

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I'll be honest; when I read 'Monster Boobs' I instantly thought of the Hour of Love panel in which Jim showed us his... physics engine.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Satosuke said:
Definitely one of his better episodes, but runs the risk of opening up a HUUUUUGE can of worms in terms of culture clash. Too often, criticisms of systemic problems in a culture are shouted down as prejudiced, bigoted, or downright racist. Gang/thug mentality in black neighborhoods, anyone? And let's not even get started on Islam...
As long as it's just shouting, I really don't give a damn. It's when the shouting stops, things start to get nasty.

DVS BSTrD said:
Being such a crowded sea bound country, you can't blame the Japanese for wanting girls with huge... "tracts of land"
But THIS is a bit much.

<youtube=cNtlMjRqfQs>
Bullet
dodging
breasts

Matrix style.

Dammit Japan, if you weren't already an island, we'd have to isolate your ass all over again.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
These are the kind of issues I'd like to see being dug much deeper into. The Dead or Alive series creeps a lot of people out, but it can't just be the alien breasts. There's something more to it - something sinister - something about the way Team Ninja treats women in their games in general. It's beyond aesthetic, it's beyond fetishization and sexualization, there's something in the way they do it that stinks. In fact, I'd condone someone writing an essay on this subject.

There's something very, very wrong with Team Ninja.

josh4president said:
Could be worse

They could be those rigid fake breasts that do not move no matter what you do to them

You know, the ones that seem to follow you around the room no matter where you go
Are you sure they're not your own?

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:
I watched a few episodes of High School of the Dead. I spent the whole time telling myself to be ashamed of how much I sort-of-kind-of enjoyed it in all its awfulness.
You know it's shit softcore hentai that you know some people are watching one handed. But it's watchable shit in the same way the Mortal Kombat films are. If you get what I mean.

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
Whenever I see big boobs on anime/videogames, I always think that person has breast cancer, and that they live in a dystopian future where everyone clearly sees that there's something wrong, but no one does anything to help.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Pff, you all have obviously NOT seen enough hentai to know what Japanese mean by HUGE tits. Those gals in DoA5? Nah, 'bout average hentai teens to be gangbanged by tentacled aliens.

THIS is what they mean by BIG:
http://www.sailormoonhentaiworld.com/images/hentai--aino-minako--bishoujo-senshi-sailor-moon--blonde-hair--blue-eyes--bow--breast-squeeze--breasts--castella--choker--earrings--hair-bow--huge-breasts--jewelry--long-hair--open-mouth--sailor-venus--smile--solo.jpg
Notice that each breast is "only" as big as the girl head.

And this is what they mean by HUGE.
http://xxxbunker.com/hentai_blonde_with_massive_tits_gets_screwed.jpg
And here each breast is about as big as the girls torso.

I feel kinda ashamed now and I don't even like huge tits. I prefer petite girls!

Toilet

Feb 22, 2012
Team Ninja in an honest world said:
We make the Dead Or Alive girls with massive tits and dead fish eyes because it sells. Some sick individuals like massive mammary glands that act independently of their hosts bodies and we play the numbers. So until the games stop selling we will continue making those games, so fucking deal with it.
That is all the justification they need and the same reason people like Anita Sarkeesian will never effect video games. If they build it they will come.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
I have two questions after watching this.

A: Is that actually a small fleshlight on Fantasy Willem Dafoe's head?
and
B: If it is, why are you in possession of it?

Also, as for those saying that it would've been bad PR if Team Ninja just outright said "Yeah we have huge boob fetish."
Would it really? I mean that's what everyone's thinking anyways. Saying it would only grant them honesty points.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
You know what grinds my gears? When I read a manga, or watch an anime, and I see a girl, claiming to be15, or 13 or (God help us) 11, and they definitely do NOT look like they're that age! Even worse when the artist goes to certain lengths to get a good look at her "figure". If anyone who lives in Japan is reading this, could you work to, maybe, STOP this trend or something?

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
Shadowstar38 said:
Wait.

If Team Ninja outright said they have a tit fetish, wouldnt that be bad PR?
not as bad as basically saying 'were're Japanese, it's part of our culture; relax.'

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Jim is just prejudiced against robosexuals. Hey Jim, just because it doesn't move like a fleshy sack of water it doesn't mean it's not fair game. Biological organisms are all crawling with bacteria anyway. Now what seems more creepy? Eh?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Jimothy Sterling said:
FYI, I fully admit that today's episode is ridiculous and pointless. It was, however, incredible fun to record and edit. Hopefully it's fun for you to watch. <3
It was fun to watch. As a person who's never really had any exposure to the Dead or Alive series because I'm not big on the fighting genre, about halfway through the video right before it was actually brought up I thought to myself "Wow, they're bouncing around like they have their own brains".

Also, I like that you've started putting after-credits stingers. I don't know if it'll be a consistent thing, but it's enjoyable all the same. :D

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
MB202 said:
You know what grinds my gears? When I read a manga, or watch an anime, and I see a girl, claiming to be15, or 13 or (God help us) 11, and they definitely do NOT look like they're that age! Even worse when the artist goes to certain lengths to get a good look at her "figure". If anyone who lives in Japan is reading this, could you work to, maybe, STOP this trend or something?
HSOTD is a prime example of this. They are in High School, they should not have funbags that would look out of place in Playboy.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I'll agree that boobage is part of the DOA "culture", but it should come with an on/off switch.

It wouldn't be that hard.

Options > Gameplay > "Advanced Physics" (or something equally tame) > Toggle Switch.

Voilà. Done. The pervs get their pervage, the guys more interesting in the fighting mechanics can go on being interested in the fighting mechanics without Lovecraftian mammaries hogging up the screen.