Jimquisition: National Kirby Day

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
National Kirby Day

Are you at work? Well tell your bosses that they have no right to keep you? Today is a national holiday and if you're not paying tribute to the pink one, you've got some explaining to do. National Kirby Day is a day to be observed by everybody, and the Jimquisition will find you if you're not celebrating.

Watch Video

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
He was so bad at first but now this is one of my favorite shows.

Dare I say it, I find I may be looking forward to this more than ZP these days...

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
It isn't hard for a game character these days to be a gratuitously violent badass.

Being an adorable pink ball that still manages to be a gratuitously violent badass on the other hand, now that's a real challenge.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
For one to love Kirby, one must understand Kirby, one must respect Kirby, one must fear Kirby.
Kirby be praised.

PlasmaCow

Jul 18, 2009
quite possibly one of the best Jimquisitions to date =) and that from someone who's never even played a kirby game.

Kais86

May 21, 2008
Kind of glad I'm not the only one to realize just what kind of horrible monster Kirby is, though technically There Will Be Brawl also had this.

Photon987

May 27, 2009
I am surprised that Jim didn't mention Kirby's occasional ability to turn himself into a neutron bomb, and bring about a horrific end to all life on the screen.

Or where he boils his enemies alive, before turning them into food.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Ok, that was quite funny.
Also, anyone who doesn't like Kirby is a BLASPHEMER!

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Jim is definitely not the only person who noticed Kirby's violent tendencies. I'm surprised he didn't use any clips from "There will be Brawl" Damn hannibal kirby was frightening.

Also

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
We're all dead thanks to Kirby...

EDIT: slow-ass connection let dem ninjas in...

Chezza

Feb 17, 2010
Sob, Jim why must you be so conflicting? A man who loves Doom and the Aliens universe YET not once but TWICE screams out your obsession with Kirby. That game probably inspired by an little fat Asian preschooler girl.

I think a Doom day is in order. We can all wear little animated gifs as Avatars and appreciate how one of the earlier and simplistic games is superior to half of the FPS out there today ;)

Kirby as a nightmare lol. Like Mario is some Italian drug lord taking mushrooms in his colorful universe too. Well when you think about it... Nintendo is some sick syndicate indirectly damaging our values and sense of reality. Well I am sane at least, I stick to RPGs, Mount&Blade Deadspace, AvP etc, the subtle games.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Apr 8, 2020
Country
United States
That was pretty damn funny.

Kirby sounds pretty damn terrifying when you put it that way, maybe Kirby should've fought Freddy Kreuger in that one movie.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Ah, good old Kirby. I'm glad some people still appreciate the act of partaking in some child-like fun and innocence from time to time. I believe C.S. Lewis put it best:

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

Then again, the Jason Vorhees comparisons made a bit too much sense. Perhaps Kirby's darker than most people thi-OH GOD IT'S IN MY ROOM HELP ME HELP MNL;VNOI[PQHBFQFONBIASBNA

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
I find it awesome that national kirby day is on the same day as my birthday.

Also, being in the middle of re-watching Dragon Ball z right now, it's creepy just how much Majin buu is like kirby.
Think about it, they're both fat, pink, childishly cute, always hungry for chocolate and candy etc, and always kill stuff that poses no threat to them.

Creepy.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Kirby... Fear him...

FOR HE IS OUR GOD.

Hopefully. Because if I am wrong, and there is a God, and he is dark and evil, at least he's adorable to.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
Never really gave a Kirby game that kinda thought about what was actually happening, kinda weird.

But yes I love kirby, and now my birthday's apparently a holiday as well. yay!

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Jim if you had put little red shoes under your chin your head could have been kirby with that pink kirby beanie on.

That would have been epic.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
You know, I haven't really played Kirby that much since around the time Nightmare in Dreamland came out. I need to rectify that sometime soon.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
"I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. Ooh, I like Kirby." -Jim Sterling
I would dare say you LOVE Kirby, my good sir. As for me, I just, well, LIKE Kirby. I wouldn't pay $50 for the new one (even though those big moves are awesome), but I guess I'll play some Kirby's Adventure.

You know, it's really annoying to type "Kirby". stupid keyboard setup

Prismatic Baron

Aug 24, 2010
Ah, Jim, you expressed my opinions better I could have.

We're all glad to have Kirby back where he belongs, and we thank god for that. And for you.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
My GOD! He's right! Kirby is a heartless killing machine who wont stop until the whole of the world rests within his fluffy pink body! And I'm completely fine with it.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Um, Viva Pinata is also quite "horrifying."

Incest, needless murder, selling animals off, trapping animals, hacking animals down with a shovel, drowning them, and planting weeds that make them sick while refusing to call a doctor.

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
I love the Kirby games too, but that last shot may have just scared me for life.

Lay off the acid, Jim!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:
You know, I haven't really played Kirby that much since around the time Nightmare in Dreamland came out. I need to rectify that sometime soon.
Irnoic since your avatar has Kirby ALREADY STOLLEN SONIC'S EYESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!! DX

OT: Who can't love the cute little lovecrafitian horror? :D

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
There's a reason my username is Alphakirby.
Because Kirby is fucking awesome.
Also,I'm surprised that Jim never mentioned the infamous 02 but mention it's predecessor 00.

Jan 27, 2011
...Well, I would have Celebrated Kirby day...if you had let me know EARLIER, jim!

FYI, Kirby is one of my favorite game series. Nice and accessible for some mindless action, but also with a nice layer of challenge if you want to find all the hidden stuff (Kirby dreamland 2 is my favourite, and it can get rediculously hard to get all the rainbow drops in that game)

Archimedes88

May 16, 2008
you're addressing this to someone who's had Kirby's Dreamland as their ringtone for 2 years ... I applaud this holiday!

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
Well, Jim Sterling, great man that he is, has solved a problem I had! I Was having technical difficulties with a game I was going to LP, and needed another game to fill time...well Jim comes out of nowhere with Kirby Day and tells me exactly what I'll be LPing next!

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror LP, go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNv5-2e2C4

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
o.0!!!

why is this not a real, national holiday!?!?!?!

kirby games are awesome, to hell what anyone may sat other wise

fun > realism

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
Kirby Day sounds good to me. Coincidentally, I finally finished Kirby: Canvas Curse last night.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I love Kirby!
Anyway who says otherwise can suck my Pokeballs (Pokemon being the Nintendo franchise I value more).

Anyway, this episode seemed (for me at least) to really fall apart near the end, but I still appreciate taking the time out to call attention to the Kirby franchise as a legitimate one- even if there are creepy undertones.

And on that subject:
I'd say the Eldridge abomination thing comes from the aesthetics being mismatched from the mechanics.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
I've always knew Kirby was evil by eating them.

I recognize that background song from "two best friends play" that show on machinima.com

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Uratoh said:
Well, Jim Sterling, great man that he is, has solved a problem I had! I Was having technical difficulties with a game I was going to LP, and needed another game to fill time...well Jim comes out of nowhere with Kirby Day and tells me exactly what I'll be LPing next!

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror LP, go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNv5-2e2C4
Ah, Amazing Mirror. Easily my favorite Kirby game to date.

Also, very insightful video, Jim. I will never look at Kirby the same way again.
And it is GLORIOUS.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Dammit this annoyed me! Not the episide, it was a good Good Episode but him in that hat just made my brain itch for what it reminded me of;

I need to stop checking those "Worst box art of all time" threads. My brain is a junkyard full of useless things.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
That...took an unexpected turn. That ending. Just...man what an episode! Consider me a believer!

Fappy

\[T]/
May 1, 2020
Country
United States
I always thought of Kirby as Hannibal Lecter, with the cannibalism and everything... with some Buffalo Bill in there for all the skin-wearing Kirby seems to enjoy. I really need to get the new one considering Kirby Superstar is still my favorite co-op game of all time.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
I found your pink face routine at the end to be incredibly offensive sir. My poor father spent his whole life putting up with racism like that, people calling him "pinker" and "suck mouth". I'm half white and half Kirbish but I can pass for white so I have never really been confronted with such blatantly racist attacks as your pink face but today I shared my fathers pain.

I SUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!!! ... um, wait a sec...

PS Kirby is great fun. Do you remember the Kirby mini golf game from the SNES? I used to play that with my sister all the time.

Broderick

May 25, 2010
Fappy said:
I always thought of Kirby as Hannibal Lecter, with the cannibalism and everything... with some Buffalo Bill in there for all the skin-wearing Kirby seems to enjoy. I really need to get the new one considering Kirby Superstar is still my favorite co-op game of all time.
Thats kinda funny you think that, considering that in "There will be brawl" Kirby is just that, Hannibal Lecter in pink ball form.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Someone's gotta make a GIF of Jim doing the Kirby Dance. That was epic. Really, whole thing was hilarious.

(Also, HTML5 version still isn't up.)

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
You and your released games >.>
I still gotta wait a few days for Mass Attack and Return to Dreamland aint due for another month and a bit >.<

Ah well, pretty much full agreement here, the Kirby games are still epic after all these years, he's an awesome character, the games are endearing and the style hasn't been influenced a lot by trends.
And things get DAMN creepy if you look in to them <.<

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I'm glad this is just a british holiday because the only time I've ever played a game with Kirby is Super Smash Bros, I've never played anything else Kirby is in.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
There are really people in the world who knew of Kirby before this video but did not realize he was a mass murderer? That's...that's just sad.

That being said, this whole episode was your standard "Hey, it's a cute and cuddly thing! It's like something you find scary! Laugh!" scenario. Even more than last week's episode, today's episode was joke-free and, for me, not interesting in the slightest.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
if Jim is wearing a Kirby hat, then does that mean that JIM ATE KIRBY?!?!?! and absorbed Kirby's powers o_O

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
That was quite possibly the strangest thing I've ever seen on the Escapist, but also one of the most excellent.

I do love me some Kirby.

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
He could have touched on how kirby also probley does some of the more experemental concepts nintendo deals with, though Returns to Dreamland should be epic as a traditional kirby game on a non hand-held system hasnt happend since the days of the 64

Also Kirby is damn fun as you said and some things dont need to grow up

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
the first half of the video was okay--enjoyable as awlays--but once he started talking about how evil kirby is...i was dying of laughter right now. well done Jim. funny people are funny.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Hiii-iii-iiii~!

I loves me some Kirby... and he is adora-awesome.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I tried VERY hard not to kill the unarmed Waddle-Dees in Epic Yarn, especially the two sleeping under that tree.

mikeybuthge

Apr 28, 2010
Kirby was one of the biggest mainstays of my gaming childhood, I used to wanna be Kirby, and now I realize, that all my life, I've wanted to be a cannibalistic serial killer

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
I support this holiday.

Kirby Super Star is one of the best platformers ever made. To the point that I STILL go back and play it constantly, 15 years after it's release.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
I tried to get the game today, apparently nobody delivered it to any of the local retailers :(

Also, Kirby Super Star=greatest videogame ever ever.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Today is a national holiday and if you're not paying tribute to the pink one, you've got some explaining to do.
Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy yet. Believe me, I'd love to be celebrating National Kirby Day. I fucking love me some Kirby.

Anyway Jim, I don't know whether to thank God for you because you made this awesome video telling people to play Kirby, or to hate you for getting to play it already (nobody I know was able to get a copy today either).

...I think both. I can do both, right? Multitasking.

OneTwoThreeBlast

Jun 24, 2010
I used to come here for Zero Punctuation and, when I occasionally ran out of things to do on this series of tubes called the Interwebz, return to watch the other videos, from which I extracted a limited amount of pleasure.

This is no longer so! Since discovering the Jimquisition a few days ago, I am a changed Escapist. Now I come for Zero Punctuation AND Jimquisiion, returning to watch the other videos when I run out of other shit to do on the Interwebz.

I fucking love your videos Jim. And your comedic timing is fantastic.

It's just one more thing that I now eagerly anticipate every week :)

Thanks Jim! I would thank god for you, but I don't believe in god. I guess I can only thank you.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
I never thought of that ant comparison before. So many horrible deeds in such a cute little package.

Jim eating Kirby also got kind of meta. How does the consumer feel as he is being consumed?

DareShi

Sep 5, 2011
Just another example why you should be careful what you let your children play. This are real deal.

Jim's Jason Voorhees/Kirby comparison totally sounds like something that could fit in this video:

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Jim Sterling said:
National Kirby Day

Are you at work? Well tell your bosses that they have no right to keep you? Today is a national holiday and if you're not paying tribute to the pink one, you've got some explaining to do. National Kirby Day is a day to be observed by everybody, and the Jimquisition will find you if you're not celebrating.

Watch Video
Jim, your video all but forced me to make this image. :)

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
Kirby Super Star can't possibly be the best platformer ever. because Kirby Super Star Ultra exists, and is all that and *MORE*.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
DareShi said:
Just another example why you should be careful what you let your children play. This are real deal.

Jim's Jason Voorhees/Kirby comparison totally sounds like something that could fit in this video:

I know it has nothing to do with the actual thread but man... There is being crazy and there is being ignorant. That guy succeeds in being a crazy ignorant liar. I mean, sure, he spins a funny story... But am I the only person who thinks that if I had been stabbed I would want to go to hospital and not to a church for coffee?

*sigh*

OT: I lolled. But I have never played a Kirby game. Just aint my thing, I am a strategy gamer.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Uh, I'm going to the lone voice of dissent and say the second half of that vid was not for me. I respect the attemptted humour but for me it fell a bit flat.

I did like the point where he compared himself to kirby though. That was funny.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Kais86 said:
Kind of glad I'm not the only one to realize just what kind of horrible monster Kirby is, though technically There Will Be Brawl also had this.
I agree about that. He truly is a monsterous villain. I still like saying that Kirby is the destroyer of worlds, for he consumes eveything in his path.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Haha! Another great episode. But I think a lot of cute child-friendly games can be nightmarish if you look at them from a different perspective. Pokemon is an obvious one. Capturing wild animals against their will and forcing them to fight, constantly knocking each other out, criminal syndicates, etc. etc.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Cpu46 said:
Jim is definitely not the only person who noticed Kirby's violent tendencies. I'm surprised he didn't use any clips from "There will be Brawl" Damn hannibal kirby was frightening.

Also

Thank you posting this video, I tried to find it, but I couldn't.

I saw this video a few months ago, and I have to say, It's frightenly accurate about kirby.

HE WILL CONSUME US ALL!!!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I laughed, hard. Well done, Jim. Now that was bloody funny.
Never thought about Kirby like that, tho... But now it all makes perfect sense.

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
I never thought I'd enjoy the Jimquisition that much. It's more or less my favourite show on here now. Well done, Jim.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
I still find these shows to be hit and miss, some of them are actually good and others are just attention seeking 3rd grade trolling. This Kirby episode was one of the good ones, he has a very strong point about how Kirby is just a fun game, it has no pretense of being anything more and that's its charm. Too many games now try to do the whole hyper realism thing or the GAEMZ ARE ART thing (some do it well but most fail) At the end of the day I play a game to have fun, that's top of the list always and Kirby is a damn good example of a game that's just good fun.

Fappy

\[T]/
May 1, 2020
Country
United States
Broderick said:
Fappy said:
Thats kinda funny you think that, considering that in "There will be brawl" Kirby is just that, Hannibal Lecter in pink ball form.
He was super effing creepy. Just as a live-action Kirby should! :D

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Now Jim, do you think you should be eating sweets? (lol)

I've never really been a huge Nintendo fan and have never played Kirby in anything but Super smash bros games, but now kirby games start to seem appealing, still I've Ordered stronghold 3 and Arkham city so they are priority at the moment.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
dreamland is a terrible place to live constantly under attack from eldritch horrors and your only chance to survive is a anti hero who will kill you if you?re in his way.
Still prefer it over the world of Pokémon.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
DareShi said:

funny truly funny how fundamentalist are so stupid

and your video got my to find a similar video
which was also funny
how could they spew so much bullshit
i will toss in a few more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFWtK2AoPk&feature=watch_response
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNP52mHgbQE&feature=watch_response
ok this last on is just a scam and is full of more bull then all of this videos combined
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCXzKWWmIkU&feature=watch_response
over all thank you with video it got me a good laugh this morning

well that's all i have to say my comment on regarding jim's video is on the first page

The Cheshire

May 10, 2011
Bah, STFU Jim, YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

YOSHI IS THE TRUE EVIL.

He's also cute and cuddly, and green, but...he eats his enemies, transforms them into fetuses with shells...AND THEN USES HIS OWN ABORTIONS AGAINST HIS FOES.

I repeat.

YOSHI TURNS ENEMIES INTO PROJECTILE ABORTIONS.

How fucked up is that?

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
Funny review, sad to the see "different kind of difficulty" bollocks resurface again though. The form of a game (or any kind of story) is structured so that the payoff comes from making progress and reaching/beating the end. If this has no challenge to it, then the payoff is devalued and doesn't offer any satisfaction. Giving yourself something arbitrary to do for its own sake cannot replace that; it's difficulty without context or payoff and it doesn't add weight back to the main story (main experience, whatever).

Jdb

May 26, 2010
Good news for people concerned about easy difficulty. Beating the game once unlocks a New Game+ mode which halves your health and changes enemy and boss patterns. Here's a video of the first boss in New Game+.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
I don't get it....I just don't. He knows that he's just saying "like this because I do". He knows we know this. Once or twice (CoD, Dynasty warriors) might just be ignored as trolling for fun. But 3 times? With 2 in close sucession? I just don't see what he stands to gain from it.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
DareShi said:

Excuse me while I lol :D

Seriously, that is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. MOST. *snorts*

Here are some real gems:

"Their [Pokemon's] names are names of demons"

YOU DON'T LIEK MUDKIPZ?!?!?!

And, because they're "oriental", that makes it "evil". Nice.

Also:

"Anything that doesn't make kids study the bible 10 hours a day is addictive"

Wait,

"The game teaches you to use a magic wand which is bad"
Ah, a useful skill that translates nicely to real life. I don't need to weightlift, I just play Crackdown and now I can juggle cars and have 70-inch biceps
*facepalm*

Also, "kids are deluding themselves"? These guys seem to be deluding themselves with phrases such as: "We're god's chosen ones, and only people who say what we do are going to heaven!" and "The power of god convinced people to think like we do! Because any other way would be wrong!"

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
NO! I missed "National Kirby Day!" damn it! Kirby is awesome, especially the music. I LOVE THE MUSIC! It has some of the most awesome boss themes ever too. Kirby needs more love damn it!

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
No thank god for me?
Who are you? What have you done with Jim?

Also, why no International Kirby day?
Now I don't get to celebrate it :(

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
What? No, no, he's not Jason Vorhees, he's Hannibal Lector! Remember There Will Be Brawl? It all fit so well, the seemingly endearing cute pink blob, hiding the psychotic, cannibalistic, nightmare beneath!

Although, really, Jim, you should have let us know about the Holiday in advance. I can't participate now, thanks a lot. :/

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Aw man, I missed the holidays :(
Still, great episode, as always my favourite ones are when the gamer in you come out!

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Hail Kirby, our terrifying and unstoppable new overlord!!

Jim, I have to say this and be deadly serious about it while I do.

You are a fucking glorious maniac, and I love you.
That possessed dance at the end had me in stitches!

Fuck it, I'm trading in Arkham City tomorrow and getting a Kirby game. I haven't even finished it yet....

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
I've never laughed so hard before at your videos Jim, this is my favorite of yours so far, this makes me wanna get the new kirby wii game. I've always loved kirby, I still have the amazing mirror for GBA, the new game does look fun, but looks like kirby 64, just better graphics. Ah well, I still want it now, thanks for the laughs Jim and keep up the good work. :3 Btw you looked adorable in the kirby make up, lol.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Today (or rather yesterday, when this video was posted) was also United Nations Day. Personally, I'd rather celebrate Kirby!

lozfoe444

Aug 26, 2009
What about Canvas Curse? Kirby's limbs are taken away, so you have to assist Kirby in murdering thousands of paint creatures. With a stick.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
It means a lot to me that the show's become accepted after the rocky start it had. I know I've said that before, but I probably can't state it enough. Thank you guys.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
This made me laugh so fucking hard. This is amazing. Probably the best episode you've done yet, Jim.

Well done. All hail Kirby!

DareShi

Sep 5, 2011
trollpwner said:
Excuse me while I lol :D

Seriously, that is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. MOST. *snorts*

Here are some real gems:

"Their [Pokemon's] names are names of demons"

YOU DON'T LIEK MUDKIPZ?!?!?!

And, because they're "oriental", that makes it "evil". Nice.

Also:

"Anything that doesn't make kids study the bible 10 hours a day is addictive"

Wait,

"The game teaches you to use a magic wand which is bad"
Ah, a useful skill that translates nicely to real life. I don't need to weightlift, I just play Crackdown and now I can juggle cars and have 70-inch biceps
*facepalm*

Also, "kids are deluding themselves"? These guys seem to be deluding themselves with phrases such as: "We're god's chosen ones, and only people who say what we do are going to heaven!" and "The power of god convinced people to think like we do! Because any other way would be wrong!"
lol. It's the non-characterization/parody version of Jimquisition.

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
Great "horror" themed episode. Kirby is one scary fucker. His portrayal in "There Will be Brawl" still gives me the shivers.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Yes, let's celebrate Kirby. When we complain about Nintendo remaking Mario, Zelda, and Metroid over and over again, we neglect to mention that these games at least attempt something different each time, and if nothing else mix up their levels so we might even be fooled into thinking we're playing a different game than the one that was released five years ago, or even ten. Or twenty. None of that deception from good, honest, innocent Kirby, who has over his career released the same frickin' game with the same frickin' levels and sucking down the same frickin' enemies since the days when Gameboys were slabs of plastic thicker than a Grade A cut of fifty dollar steak.

Well fuck you Kirby. You're a mascot for the modern "do nothing, get money" business mantra that has given us such soulless unfulfilling garbage as Pokemon, "collector's editions," and pogs, you worthless pink sack of suck.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Neither of my computers has ever been able to load this video no matter what I do and I have no idea why.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
got to love a Kirby game. Really just a fun mix of badass music and kick ass abilities. Every Kirby game is fun in my opinion and thats one hell of a hard feat to pull off. Goes the 2D route on almost every adventure. Be great to play a 40+ adventure of tough as nails Kirby action. Really harrass Nintendo enough they will do it, or at least give us Earthbound 4.

PiggyGamer

Jul 22, 2009
Fr said:
anc[is]Neither of my computers has ever been able to load this video no matter what I do and I have no idea why.
I was having the same problem. Or at least I thought I was.

Just tried it again today for like the tenth time without success.
But then I clicked inside the endlessly loading video, and it started.

Hopefully that helps.

Edit: I swear I'm not trolling. But I can't replicate my success.
I can't even get the Skyrim ad to play anymore.

I watched it on Destructoid, if that helps. But it's the same player, so it shouldn't matter.
Now when I click in the loading video on Dtoid, it links to the Escapist page for this video.

Maybe I'm just not allowed to watch it more than once.
Or Kirby ate it.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
PiggyGamer said:
I was having the same problem. Or at least I thought I was.

Just tried it again today for like the tenth time without success.
But then I clicked inside the endlessly loading video, and it started.

Hopefully that helps.

Edit: I swear I'm not trolling. But I can't replicate my success.
I can't even get the Skyrim ad to play anymore.

I watched it on Destructoid, if that helps. But it's the same player, so it shouldn't matter.
Now when I click in the loading video on Dtoid, it links to the Escapist page for this video.

Maybe I'm just not allowed to watch it more than once.
Or Kirby ate it.
Nope, still not working. Oh well

Howling Din

Mar 10, 2011
National Kirby day... of what nation?

Whatever, Kirby doesn't need lines on a map. He is a god.