Jimquisition: National Kirby Day

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
National Kirby Day

Are you at work? Well tell your bosses that they have no right to keep you? Today is a national holiday and if you're not paying tribute to the pink one, you've got some explaining to do. National Kirby Day is a day to be observed by everybody, and the Jimquisition will find you if you're not celebrating.

Watch Video

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
It isn't hard for a game character these days to be a gratuitously violent badass.

Being an adorable pink ball that still manages to be a gratuitously violent badass on the other hand, now that's a real challenge.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
For one to love Kirby, one must understand Kirby, one must respect Kirby, one must fear Kirby.
Kirby be praised.

PlasmaCow

Jul 18, 2009
quite possibly one of the best Jimquisitions to date =) and that from someone who's never even played a kirby game.

Kais86

May 21, 2008
Kind of glad I'm not the only one to realize just what kind of horrible monster Kirby is, though technically There Will Be Brawl also had this.

Photon987

May 27, 2009
I am surprised that Jim didn't mention Kirby's occasional ability to turn himself into a neutron bomb, and bring about a horrific end to all life on the screen.

Or where he boils his enemies alive, before turning them into food.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Ok, that was quite funny.
Also, anyone who doesn't like Kirby is a BLASPHEMER!

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Jim is definitely not the only person who noticed Kirby's violent tendencies. I'm surprised he didn't use any clips from "There will be Brawl" Damn hannibal kirby was frightening.

Also

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
We're all dead thanks to Kirby...

EDIT: slow-ass connection let dem ninjas in...

Chezza

Feb 17, 2010
Sob, Jim why must you be so conflicting? A man who loves Doom and the Aliens universe YET not once but TWICE screams out your obsession with Kirby. That game probably inspired by an little fat Asian preschooler girl.

I think a Doom day is in order. We can all wear little animated gifs as Avatars and appreciate how one of the earlier and simplistic games is superior to half of the FPS out there today ;)

Kirby as a nightmare lol. Like Mario is some Italian drug lord taking mushrooms in his colorful universe too. Well when you think about it... Nintendo is some sick syndicate indirectly damaging our values and sense of reality. Well I am sane at least, I stick to RPGs, Mount&Blade Deadspace, AvP etc, the subtle games.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That was pretty damn funny.

Kirby sounds pretty damn terrifying when you put it that way, maybe Kirby should've fought Freddy Kreuger in that one movie.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Ah, good old Kirby. I'm glad some people still appreciate the act of partaking in some child-like fun and innocence from time to time. I believe C.S. Lewis put it best:

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

Then again, the Jason Vorhees comparisons made a bit too much sense. Perhaps Kirby's darker than most people thi-OH GOD IT'S IN MY ROOM HELP ME HELP MNL;VNOI[PQHBFQFONBIASBNA

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
I find it awesome that national kirby day is on the same day as my birthday.

Also, being in the middle of re-watching Dragon Ball z right now, it's creepy just how much Majin buu is like kirby.
Think about it, they're both fat, pink, childishly cute, always hungry for chocolate and candy etc, and always kill stuff that poses no threat to them.

Creepy.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Kirby... Fear him...

FOR HE IS OUR GOD.

Hopefully. Because if I am wrong, and there is a God, and he is dark and evil, at least he's adorable to.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
Never really gave a Kirby game that kinda thought about what was actually happening, kinda weird.

But yes I love kirby, and now my birthday's apparently a holiday as well. yay!

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Jim if you had put little red shoes under your chin your head could have been kirby with that pink kirby beanie on.

That would have been epic.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
You know, I haven't really played Kirby that much since around the time Nightmare in Dreamland came out. I need to rectify that sometime soon.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
"I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. I like Kirby. Ooh, I like Kirby." -Jim Sterling
I would dare say you LOVE Kirby, my good sir. As for me, I just, well, LIKE Kirby. I wouldn't pay $50 for the new one (even though those big moves are awesome), but I guess I'll play some Kirby's Adventure.

You know, it's really annoying to type "Kirby". stupid keyboard setup