Jimquisition: National Kirby Day

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I love Kirby!
Anyway who says otherwise can suck my Pokeballs (Pokemon being the Nintendo franchise I value more).

Anyway, this episode seemed (for me at least) to really fall apart near the end, but I still appreciate taking the time out to call attention to the Kirby franchise as a legitimate one- even if there are creepy undertones.

And on that subject:
I'd say the Eldridge abomination thing comes from the aesthetics being mismatched from the mechanics.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Uratoh said:
Well, Jim Sterling, great man that he is, has solved a problem I had! I Was having technical difficulties with a game I was going to LP, and needed another game to fill time...well Jim comes out of nowhere with Kirby Day and tells me exactly what I'll be LPing next!

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror LP, go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNv5-2e2C4
Ah, Amazing Mirror. Easily my favorite Kirby game to date.

Also, very insightful video, Jim. I will never look at Kirby the same way again.
And it is GLORIOUS.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
That...took an unexpected turn. That ending. Just...man what an episode! Consider me a believer!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I always thought of Kirby as Hannibal Lecter, with the cannibalism and everything... with some Buffalo Bill in there for all the skin-wearing Kirby seems to enjoy. I really need to get the new one considering Kirby Superstar is still my favorite co-op game of all time.

Broderick

May 25, 2010
Fappy said:
I always thought of Kirby as Hannibal Lecter, with the cannibalism and everything... with some Buffalo Bill in there for all the skin-wearing Kirby seems to enjoy. I really need to get the new one considering Kirby Superstar is still my favorite co-op game of all time.
Thats kinda funny you think that, considering that in "There will be brawl" Kirby is just that, Hannibal Lecter in pink ball form.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Someone's gotta make a GIF of Jim doing the Kirby Dance. That was epic. Really, whole thing was hilarious.

(Also, HTML5 version still isn't up.)

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
You and your released games >.>
I still gotta wait a few days for Mass Attack and Return to Dreamland aint due for another month and a bit >.<

Ah well, pretty much full agreement here, the Kirby games are still epic after all these years, he's an awesome character, the games are endearing and the style hasn't been influenced a lot by trends.
And things get DAMN creepy if you look in to them <.<

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I'm glad this is just a british holiday because the only time I've ever played a game with Kirby is Super Smash Bros, I've never played anything else Kirby is in.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
There are really people in the world who knew of Kirby before this video but did not realize he was a mass murderer? That's...that's just sad.

That being said, this whole episode was your standard "Hey, it's a cute and cuddly thing! It's like something you find scary! Laugh!" scenario. Even more than last week's episode, today's episode was joke-free and, for me, not interesting in the slightest.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
if Jim is wearing a Kirby hat, then does that mean that JIM ATE KIRBY?!?!?! and absorbed Kirby's powers o_O

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
That was quite possibly the strangest thing I've ever seen on the Escapist, but also one of the most excellent.

I do love me some Kirby.

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
He could have touched on how kirby also probley does some of the more experemental concepts nintendo deals with, though Returns to Dreamland should be epic as a traditional kirby game on a non hand-held system hasnt happend since the days of the 64

Also Kirby is damn fun as you said and some things dont need to grow up

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
the first half of the video was okay--enjoyable as awlays--but once he started talking about how evil kirby is...i was dying of laughter right now. well done Jim. funny people are funny.