Jimquisition: National Kirby Day

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Hiii-iii-iiii~!

I loves me some Kirby... and he is adora-awesome.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I tried VERY hard not to kill the unarmed Waddle-Dees in Epic Yarn, especially the two sleeping under that tree.

mikeybuthge

Apr 28, 2010
Kirby was one of the biggest mainstays of my gaming childhood, I used to wanna be Kirby, and now I realize, that all my life, I've wanted to be a cannibalistic serial killer

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
I support this holiday.

Kirby Super Star is one of the best platformers ever made. To the point that I STILL go back and play it constantly, 15 years after it's release.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I tried to get the game today, apparently nobody delivered it to any of the local retailers :(

Also, Kirby Super Star=greatest videogame ever ever.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Today is a national holiday and if you're not paying tribute to the pink one, you've got some explaining to do.
Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy yet. Believe me, I'd love to be celebrating National Kirby Day. I fucking love me some Kirby.

Anyway Jim, I don't know whether to thank God for you because you made this awesome video telling people to play Kirby, or to hate you for getting to play it already (nobody I know was able to get a copy today either).

...I think both. I can do both, right? Multitasking.

OneTwoThreeBlast

Jun 24, 2010
I used to come here for Zero Punctuation and, when I occasionally ran out of things to do on this series of tubes called the Interwebz, return to watch the other videos, from which I extracted a limited amount of pleasure.

This is no longer so! Since discovering the Jimquisition a few days ago, I am a changed Escapist. Now I come for Zero Punctuation AND Jimquisiion, returning to watch the other videos when I run out of other shit to do on the Interwebz.

I fucking love your videos Jim. And your comedic timing is fantastic.

It's just one more thing that I now eagerly anticipate every week :)

Thanks Jim! I would thank god for you, but I don't believe in god. I guess I can only thank you.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
I never thought of that ant comparison before. So many horrible deeds in such a cute little package.

Jim eating Kirby also got kind of meta. How does the consumer feel as he is being consumed?

DareShi

Sep 5, 2011
Just another example why you should be careful what you let your children play. This are real deal.

Jim's Jason Voorhees/Kirby comparison totally sounds like something that could fit in this video:

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Jim Sterling said:
National Kirby Day

Are you at work? Well tell your bosses that they have no right to keep you? Today is a national holiday and if you're not paying tribute to the pink one, you've got some explaining to do. National Kirby Day is a day to be observed by everybody, and the Jimquisition will find you if you're not celebrating.

Watch Video
Jim, your video all but forced me to make this image. :)

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
Kirby Super Star can't possibly be the best platformer ever. because Kirby Super Star Ultra exists, and is all that and *MORE*.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Kais86 said:
Kind of glad I'm not the only one to realize just what kind of horrible monster Kirby is, though technically There Will Be Brawl also had this.
I agree about that. He truly is a monsterous villain. I still like saying that Kirby is the destroyer of worlds, for he consumes eveything in his path.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Haha! Another great episode. But I think a lot of cute child-friendly games can be nightmarish if you look at them from a different perspective. Pokemon is an obvious one. Capturing wild animals against their will and forcing them to fight, constantly knocking each other out, criminal syndicates, etc. etc.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Cpu46 said:
Jim is definitely not the only person who noticed Kirby's violent tendencies. I'm surprised he didn't use any clips from "There will be Brawl" Damn hannibal kirby was frightening.

Also

Thank you posting this video, I tried to find it, but I couldn't.

I saw this video a few months ago, and I have to say, It's frightenly accurate about kirby.

HE WILL CONSUME US ALL!!!