Jimquisition: National Kirby Day

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I laughed, hard. Well done, Jim. Now that was bloody funny.
Never thought about Kirby like that, tho... But now it all makes perfect sense.

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
I never thought I'd enjoy the Jimquisition that much. It's more or less my favourite show on here now. Well done, Jim.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
I still find these shows to be hit and miss, some of them are actually good and others are just attention seeking 3rd grade trolling. This Kirby episode was one of the good ones, he has a very strong point about how Kirby is just a fun game, it has no pretense of being anything more and that's its charm. Too many games now try to do the whole hyper realism thing or the GAEMZ ARE ART thing (some do it well but most fail) At the end of the day I play a game to have fun, that's top of the list always and Kirby is a damn good example of a game that's just good fun.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Broderick said:
Fappy said:
I always thought of Kirby as Hannibal Lecter, with the cannibalism and everything... with some Buffalo Bill in there for all the skin-wearing Kirby seems to enjoy. I really need to get the new one considering Kirby Superstar is still my favorite co-op game of all time.
Thats kinda funny you think that, considering that in "There will be brawl" Kirby is just that, Hannibal Lecter in pink ball form.
He was super effing creepy. Just as a live-action Kirby should! :D

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Now Jim, do you think you should be eating sweets? (lol)

I've never really been a huge Nintendo fan and have never played Kirby in anything but Super smash bros games, but now kirby games start to seem appealing, still I've Ordered stronghold 3 and Arkham city so they are priority at the moment.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
dreamland is a terrible place to live constantly under attack from eldritch horrors and your only chance to survive is a anti hero who will kill you if you?re in his way.
Still prefer it over the world of Pokémon.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
DareShi said:
Just another example why you should be careful what you let your children play. This are real deal.

Jim's Jason Voorhees/Kirby comparison totally sounds like something that could fit in this video:

funny truly funny how fundamentalist are so stupid

and your video got my to find a similar video
which was also funny
how could they spew so much bullshit
i will toss in a few more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFWtK2AoPk&feature=watch_response
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNP52mHgbQE&feature=watch_response
ok this last on is just a scam and is full of more bull then all of this videos combined
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCXzKWWmIkU&feature=watch_response
over all thank you with video it got me a good laugh this morning

well that's all i have to say my comment on regarding jim's video is on the first page

The Cheshire

May 10, 2011
Bah, STFU Jim, YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

YOSHI IS THE TRUE EVIL.

He's also cute and cuddly, and green, but...he eats his enemies, transforms them into fetuses with shells...AND THEN USES HIS OWN ABORTIONS AGAINST HIS FOES.

I repeat.

YOSHI TURNS ENEMIES INTO PROJECTILE ABORTIONS.

How fucked up is that?

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
Funny review, sad to the see "different kind of difficulty" bollocks resurface again though. The form of a game (or any kind of story) is structured so that the payoff comes from making progress and reaching/beating the end. If this has no challenge to it, then the payoff is devalued and doesn't offer any satisfaction. Giving yourself something arbitrary to do for its own sake cannot replace that; it's difficulty without context or payoff and it doesn't add weight back to the main story (main experience, whatever).

Jdb

May 26, 2010
Good news for people concerned about easy difficulty. Beating the game once unlocks a New Game+ mode which halves your health and changes enemy and boss patterns. Here's a video of the first boss in New Game+.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
NO! I missed "National Kirby Day!" damn it! Kirby is awesome, especially the music. I LOVE THE MUSIC! It has some of the most awesome boss themes ever too. Kirby needs more love damn it!

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
No thank god for me?
Who are you? What have you done with Jim?

Also, why no International Kirby day?
Now I don't get to celebrate it :(