Jimquisition: National Kirby Day

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
What? No, no, he's not Jason Vorhees, he's Hannibal Lector! Remember There Will Be Brawl? It all fit so well, the seemingly endearing cute pink blob, hiding the psychotic, cannibalistic, nightmare beneath!

Although, really, Jim, you should have let us know about the Holiday in advance. I can't participate now, thanks a lot. :/

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Aw man, I missed the holidays :(
Still, great episode, as always my favourite ones are when the gamer in you come out!

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Hail Kirby, our terrifying and unstoppable new overlord!!

Jim, I have to say this and be deadly serious about it while I do.

You are a fucking glorious maniac, and I love you.
That possessed dance at the end had me in stitches!

Fuck it, I'm trading in Arkham City tomorrow and getting a Kirby game. I haven't even finished it yet....

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
I've never laughed so hard before at your videos Jim, this is my favorite of yours so far, this makes me wanna get the new kirby wii game. I've always loved kirby, I still have the amazing mirror for GBA, the new game does look fun, but looks like kirby 64, just better graphics. Ah well, I still want it now, thanks for the laughs Jim and keep up the good work. :3 Btw you looked adorable in the kirby make up, lol.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Today (or rather yesterday, when this video was posted) was also United Nations Day. Personally, I'd rather celebrate Kirby!

lozfoe444

Aug 26, 2009
What about Canvas Curse? Kirby's limbs are taken away, so you have to assist Kirby in murdering thousands of paint creatures. With a stick.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
It means a lot to me that the show's become accepted after the rocky start it had. I know I've said that before, but I probably can't state it enough. Thank you guys.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
This made me laugh so fucking hard. This is amazing. Probably the best episode you've done yet, Jim.

Well done. All hail Kirby!

DareShi

Sep 5, 2011
trollpwner said:
Excuse me while I lol :D

Seriously, that is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. MOST. *snorts*

Here are some real gems:

"Their [Pokemon's] names are names of demons"

YOU DON'T LIEK MUDKIPZ?!?!?!

And, because they're "oriental", that makes it "evil". Nice.

Also:

"Anything that doesn't make kids study the bible 10 hours a day is addictive"

Wait,

"The game teaches you to use a magic wand which is bad"
Ah, a useful skill that translates nicely to real life. I don't need to weightlift, I just play Crackdown and now I can juggle cars and have 70-inch biceps
*facepalm*

Also, "kids are deluding themselves"? These guys seem to be deluding themselves with phrases such as: "We're god's chosen ones, and only people who say what we do are going to heaven!" and "The power of god convinced people to think like we do! Because any other way would be wrong!"
lol. It's the non-characterization/parody version of Jimquisition.

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
Great "horror" themed episode. Kirby is one scary fucker. His portrayal in "There Will be Brawl" still gives me the shivers.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Yes, let's celebrate Kirby. When we complain about Nintendo remaking Mario, Zelda, and Metroid over and over again, we neglect to mention that these games at least attempt something different each time, and if nothing else mix up their levels so we might even be fooled into thinking we're playing a different game than the one that was released five years ago, or even ten. Or twenty. None of that deception from good, honest, innocent Kirby, who has over his career released the same frickin' game with the same frickin' levels and sucking down the same frickin' enemies since the days when Gameboys were slabs of plastic thicker than a Grade A cut of fifty dollar steak.

Well fuck you Kirby. You're a mascot for the modern "do nothing, get money" business mantra that has given us such soulless unfulfilling garbage as Pokemon, "collector's editions," and pogs, you worthless pink sack of suck.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Neither of my computers has ever been able to load this video no matter what I do and I have no idea why.

PiggyGamer

Jul 22, 2009
Fr said:
anc[is]Neither of my computers has ever been able to load this video no matter what I do and I have no idea why.
I was having the same problem. Or at least I thought I was.

Just tried it again today for like the tenth time without success.
But then I clicked inside the endlessly loading video, and it started.

Hopefully that helps.

Edit: I swear I'm not trolling. But I can't replicate my success.
I can't even get the Skyrim ad to play anymore.

I watched it on Destructoid, if that helps. But it's the same player, so it shouldn't matter.
Now when I click in the loading video on Dtoid, it links to the Escapist page for this video.

Maybe I'm just not allowed to watch it more than once.
Or Kirby ate it.