Jimquisition: New Generation, Old Bullsh*t

FedericoV

Apr 17, 2011
DarkhoIlow said:
You can always just switch to PC fully so we can "force" them (by them I'm saying MS, Sony & Nintendo) to use an universal platform without any exclusive games.

Oh, how I dream for something that will never happen because of greediness and the console wars between these companies.
I share your dreams!

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
You're not going to see anything change with control of the industry in the hands of so few corporate suits

You want to change things, gamers will have to, in greater numbers, tell them:
-We won't trust pre-release demos anymore
-We won't trust developer enthusiasm and catchphrases
-We will stop pre-ordering games because of lack of delivery
-We will stop supporting microtransactions
-We will stop paying attention to E3 and the BS demos they hype up there.
-We will show loyalty when they show us respect as paying customers instead of demanding it outright
-We will stop letting customer loyalty mean "Suckers who are willing to be nickle and dimed"

But with pretty visuals easily fooling the gaming masses yet again (no one remembers the promise of PS2 being able to have "real time toy story-like graphics"?), nothing will change and all we can hope for is another collapse with the big publishers going bankrupt one way or another.

crazyburnerboy8

Jan 4, 2009
beginning to feel that only Jim Sterling and Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw actualy speak the truth about the games industry, Cynicism is the only way to go when it come to vidoe games, to use the words of Yahtzee himself "it makes the most sense to be pessimistic, because if a game is good, Great, but if its bad you've lost nothing, plus you get the satisfaction of knowing your cleverer than fan-boys, which is right up there with winning a beauty contest against steve buscemi"

crazyburnerboy8

Jan 4, 2009
beginning to feel that only Jim Sterling and Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw actualy speak the truth about the games industry, Cynicism is the only way to go when it come to vidoe games, to use the words of Yahtzee himself "it makes the most sense to be pessimistic, because if a game is good, Great, but if its bad you've lost nothing, plus you get the satisfaction of knowing your cleverer than fan-boys, which is right up there with winning a beauty contest against steve buscemi"

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Fuck the game industry, i'm sick and tired of the same fucking safe old formulas, how games are being homogenised and how innovation is ignored. Even Tomb Raider looks like its going to play like Uncharted now, all setpieces and no exploration. Hope i'm wrong about that. But yeah, i dont really have much in the way of hope for the new generation, games like Syndicate, Dead Space 3, Resident Evil 6 , Brink etc have taken it out of me

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
It's stagnant? Of course it is.
Until the end of 2010, consoles were the Promised Land for Big Publishers and the Big Three alike.
Change? Given the heights they achieved financially and legally since the start of the PS3/Wii/360 generation (assuming you even count the fucking Wii but I digress) any sort of change to that only means bad news for them.

And you know what? They're absolutely right.
We'll see just how long "Same Old, Same Old" holds up; who knows? Maybe we really are the puny vocal minority here, and there's enough suckers out there who do keep buying into the same old bullshit.

But maybe the winds of change are at last upon us:
We've seen gaming controversy boil over like never before in the last year, some of it for very stupid reasons, yet some of it due to people realizing just what it is they're dealing with and what they're actually paying for.

It wasn't until this last generation that I ever grew frustrated with consoles or as much of the business as I have.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
I'm actually concerned that I'm yet to see anything that PS3 truly couldn't handle. For example, PS3 couldn't handle battlefields full of dismembered bodies that were all affected by physics, limbs included. Or castles being blown up in real time. You know. Same thing with better FPS and resolution is of no interest.

Hyakunin Isshu

May 2, 2011
I hate you people. I really really hate people who agree with this mr. Jim Sterling, because what you all seem to want is stagnation. What you people want is to stay with the PS3 forever, and ever, and ever, because you think it will change games somehow. No one should hear what you fanboys have to say, because you are only going to help kill games.