Jimquisition: Resident Evil 6 Is the Epitome of Survival Horror

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Resident Evil 6 Is the Epitome of Survival Horror

Resident Evil 6 is a game about fear; fear of losing its audience, fear of taking risks, and fear of losing out to other games.

Watch Video

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
nono Jim... if you run for president you should have a running-mate with the last name Silver

then the bumper stickers could read "Sterling Silver"

even the captcha agrees XD
Captcha: "That's it"

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
If you really want to win the Presidency, you must also clear the debt ceiling and create jobs through 9/11. You must use 9/11 Jim, BECAUSE THAT WAS A THING THAT HAPPENED!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Have to agree with Jim here. The game is a massive clusterfuck, like someone ate a five course meal and puked it all back up in a festering messy sludge.

It tries to do so many different things that it ends up not doing any of them well.

It's so muddled, broken, confused and just bad that it's actually quite compelling - me and a buddy were almost in tears laughing at how terrible and broken some sections were (usually involving QTEs and/or the spastic camera) and kept playing for hours, just to see how hilariously shitty the next section could possibly be.

And then it sold 4.5 million copies in the first week. Yep.

skaskunk

Apr 12, 2010
Jim for president! I'm from Europe but I'd still vote for Jim as the American President!

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Jim. Are you fucking kidding me? You pick this Milk asshat to be your running mate instead of William Defoe? I am disappoint.

Also it's sad to see this trend because, if RE is going to keep selling games because it's RE, Capcom has no reason to go back and build on the original formula. You'd think with this much backlash it would actually suffer.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Who's this Romney guy, is he a character in RE6?

Also, that fish is awesome.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Being English I could be wrong but don't you have to have been born in the US to run for the Presidency?

If so Jim you can always come home to England and run for Prime Minister. You are 1000X better then the arse monkeys we have to choose from right now. I would vote for you based on your love for Final Fantasy IX (the best Final Fantasy and one of the best games in the universe)alone.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
sadly Jim would probably be a better president than either candidate or at least until he is in the pocket of the rich

Feb 24, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
Have to agree with Jim here. The game is a massive clusterfuck, like someone ate a five course meal and puked it all back up in a festering messy sludge.

It's so muddled, broken, confused and just bad that it's actually quite compelling - me and a buddy were almost in tears laughing at how terrible and broken some sections were (usually involving QTEs and/or the spastic camera) and kept playing for hours, just to see how hilariously shitty the next section could possibly be.

it's like the movies, they have always sucked but they still keep selling. i think there is a crowd for it but i'm not sure what to call it

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Your veep is a bit of a milquetoast, Jim. (ba-dump tish)

I played RE 4 and 5. 4, as most people acknowledge, was a pretty good game; 5 singularly underwhelmed me much of the time. I don't have anything invested such that I have to have 6, even if it comes to Steam Sale prices (which is how I ended up playing 5.) It's unfortunate if what Jim says is true, if only because it's one more herald of the self-destructive road so many of the AAA-publishers seem to be following.

Oh, and... cue RE fanboy rage in 5, 4, 3...

jebara

Nov 19, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
But Jim, how can you be better than everything America believes in...
...when America believes in YOU?
This post just made my day.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
But Jim, how can you be better than everything America believes in...
...when America believes in YOU?
Well, you see, Jim passively becomes more awesome every second because of that very paradox.

darkbshadow

Nov 9, 2006
I was going to vote for you Jim, but you drank your running mate and I don't know how your going to find a better choice then milk.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:

It tries to do so many different things that it ends up not doing any of them well.

So are we to assume your song on the topic will be a Skar-rock-dub step mix with lyrics heavily influenced by Gangster rap sung in an operatic style?