Jimquisition: Super E3 Power Outage Episode

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I watched this episode on a whim because I thought, "I'll give him another chance". Seems a wasted effort or bad timing =D
Least you didn't have your annoying piano music.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Hmmm, yes, good point, but does this value with dinosaurs over, say, the more conventional and reasonable Ninjas and/or Pirates undermine the very point of including anachronistic monsters in games today as neither humans nor dinosaurs have ever lived in coinciding eras?

At least give us some decent episodes before you pull this kind of thing off. Took Yahtzee quite a few episodes before he gave us an April Fools prank.

VGFreak1225

Dec 21, 2008
I hate it when stuff like that happens. Ah well, here's hoping we can get in a full episode next week.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
I wonder if he still bagged the cash for it :p
I kinda wonder being half serious half joking here.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
All's been said that has been said? So awesome it rendered Jim Speechless? He quit? Here's hoping.

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
Kukulski said:
Wow, he's even fatter than I thought. Seriously, I've never been to America, but I've never seen a guy so fat with my own eyes. That's not even funny, this man will be dead in a decade.
Isn't he English?

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Jumplion said:
Hmmm, yes, good point, but does this value with dinosaurs over, say, the more conventional and reasonable Ninjas and/or Pirates undermine the very point of including anachronistic monsters in games today as neither humans nor dinosaurs have ever lived in coinciding eras?

At least give us some decent episodes before you pull this kind of thing off. Took Yahtzee quite a few episodes before he gave us an April Fools prank.
And at least that was in April.

OT: I guess this is Jim's way of saying "I'm at E3,so nothing new for you!" But seeing as E3 ended quite a while ago,he may just be the balliest ************ on The Escapist. Considering his status with us and the fact that most people on the Escapist just didn't like him. Then he pulls this out of the blue further screwing himself over in the eyes of the viewers.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Southpaw Samurai said:
This is currently my favorite episode of the Jimquisition.
mine too, him not saying a damn thing is exactly what I was looking for. OHw ait... I could just not watch at all and get that.

You could have gone in and just said, "fuck E3" and left, and I would have been more entertained.

JoelChenFA

Play Minecraft. Watch Top Gear.
Nov 24, 2010
[quote="
And at least that was in April.

OT: I guess this is Jim's way of saying "I'm at E3,so nothing new for you!" But seeing as E3 ended quite a while ago,he may just be the balliest ************ on The Escapist. Considering his status with us and the fact that most people on the Escapist just didn't like him. Then he pulls this out of the blue further screwing himself over in the eyes of the viewers.[/quote]

No one liked Game Dogs and it lasted 2 seasons. This will be here for some time yet. Quantity over quality

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Uhm... Okay. I suppose we wouldn't have seen that if not for the power going out. Power, stop being such an inconsiderate jerk. :(

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
Nasrin said:
tigermilk said:
Low content video: Reported.
Alright Biebs, calm down. You wait till Usher finds out about this! rawr
Usher needs to remember that if he complains I'll just replace him with another "urban" act trying to sell records to white pre-teen suburbanites!

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
That was actually kind of funny, in a very irritating way. I was worried for a sec though because when I saw that the video was going to be about e3, I thought he was stealing Yahtzee's job at tearing apart hype.

metal mustache

Oct 29, 2009
i can't believe the number of people who watch Jimquisition who don't even like it. Its uncanny, Like his entire fan base is obsessive haters. Did i miss a joke at some point or something?

Kilgengoor

Sep 7, 2010
Eh, I'm not going to complain because I'm a firm believer in that we as viewers shouldn't ***** about the fact that vloggers can get some days off now and then. He won't probably get paid for this, we all can wait for another week. Big deal.

I'm also willing to let this one slide when taking into account that The Jimquisition has really improved in the last couple or three episodes. I'm not a Destructoid regular so this is pretty much all contact I've had with Jim in my whole life. It's been nice to see him get up to speed and confortable with his vlog, and I expect many great things to come.

I feel compelled to pull up the Doraleous And Associates' last PSA, but I guess there's no need for it.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Sharalon said:
Fullmetalfox said:
I'm not even gonna comment on this one. :p
Wha.. Wait.. Hey! But you just did! ah... You got me confused...
OMG YOUR AVATAR IS SOOO CUTE

ok 5 year old moment over.

This kind of joke always bugged me because i don't think i have ever laughed at it.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
tigermilk said:
Nasrin said:
tigermilk said:
Usher needs to remember that if he complains I'll just replace him with another "urban" act trying to sell records to white pre-teen suburbanites!
Maybe the next guy will take you to candyshop and buy you a l-l-l-lollipop

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hmm. Well, that was a great way to waste a minute, listening to that annoyingly grating intro with the twitch inducing misspellings. Usually it's bearable for the points he occasionally makes. Today? Nope. Thanks for that.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Jim finally gives the people what they want!

/kidding

Really though, looking forward to what our fearless leader has to say next time!

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
EDIT: Double post. Somethings going on funky with my computer.

I will say that his reaction was funny

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Can someone explain why Hankman was suspended for his post? There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, and I'm going to miss his puns.

squid5580

Feb 20, 2008
Why are people getting warned/suspended for low content posts? Seems a little hypocritical there mods

Fumofu

Nov 11, 2010
I intentionally hide the time on any video I watch since I enjoy videos better that way so this caught me by surprise. I though it was kinda funny.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
squid5580 said:
Why are people getting warned/suspended for low content posts? Seems a little hypocritical there mods
He doesn't have to play by the rules, in case you were wondering. That's just how it is.

squid5580

Feb 20, 2008
vxicepickxv said:
squid5580 said:
He doesn't have to play by the rules, in case you were wondering. That's just how it is.
Oh I never realized the Escapist was governed by the "do as I say, not as I do" ruleset.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
This is the only video he's ever made that I liked. Everyone of his episodes I'm yelling "Get off the stage! Boo!" And this time I was like "Oh... He actually did it... Wow..."

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
squid5580 said:
vxicepickxv said:
squid5580 said:
Oh I never realized the Escapist was governed by the "do as I say, not as I do" ruleset.
Taken from the forum rules

Regardless of what some of our content creators may say, do or provoke within their videos or articles, this does not give members the ability to act in the same way. They are entertainers and if they brought their language or flaming into the forums, they would be held accountable, just as any other forum member of The Escapist would be
So as long as they keep it in the video's or articles all is good for them.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
ok... There may have been a meaning to this... there might be a metaphor...or a joke? I just don't see it... I am sooooo sorry if I am wrong about this... but... This isn't the side effects of Duke Weekend... right? I guess it's ok for people to be lazy once in a while...

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
Here's hoping he makes lots more videos like this. Where he never speaks. Irritating pseudo-troll.

klausaidon

Aug 4, 2009
So, what? Was there technical difficulties that prevented the show from being finished this week? A little more explanation would help.

darkbshadow

Nov 9, 2006
Haha... i actually laughed at that, wasn't expecting it(since I don't pay attention to the length of videos).

Really though he has been getting better and better. I guess I'm finally getting used to his humor. At first I couldn't stand him but last few episodes I've actually enjoyed... and I was going to stop watching after the first episode.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
..What was that?

Was that humor? At least when Yahtzee does a joke episode, it's actually worth watching.

[small]Further words fail me. That was utter tripe.[/small]

restoshammyman said:
you sir are a hack. please leave the interwebs. you are not even slightly funny and or witty.
I love your avatar, and I agree with your sentiments as well.

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
Urm, this isn't a "joke" episode, sort of, it's just power-outage problems represented in a comedic way.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Fusioncode9 said:
He actually gets payed for this?
Well considering Jim isn't under an Escapist Contract, and the majority of his stuff is over at Destructoid I don't think it matters. And he was at E3 the last week, cut him a break.
klausaidon said:
So, what? Was there technical difficulties that prevented the show from being finished this week? A little more explanation would help.
He was at E3 the past week, so this is just his way of taking a day off

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
Nasrin said:
tigermilk said:
Nasrin said:
tigermilk said:
Fingers crossed, I do like me some l-l-l-lollipop. I am assuming this is a reference to the Beiber/Usher duet. I am afraid for better or worse I have never heard the song (I heard one Beiber song on youtube out of curiosity and in an endevour to have a fuller understanding of pop music). Your knowledge of Beiber clearly supersedes mine and for that I salute you!

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
squid5580 said:
vxicepickxv said:
squid5580 said:
Actually they get payed by the flame war. Why do you think you get badges for starting them?

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
tigermilk said:
Nasrin said:
tigermilk said:
Nasrin said:
tigermilk said:
Fingers crossed, I do like me some l-l-l-lollipop. I am assuming this is a reference to the Beiber/Usher duet. I am afraid for better or worse I have never heard the song (I heard one Beiber song on youtube out of curiosity and in an endevour to have a fuller understanding of pop music). Your knowledge of Beiber clearly supersedes mine and for that I salute you!

I was referencing the 50 Cent and Lil Wayne songs :)

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
Nasrin said:
tigermilk said:
Nasrin said:
tigermilk said:
Nasrin said:
tigermilk said:

I was referencing the 50 Cent and Lil Wayne songs :)

Once again I bow to your superior Beiber knowledge... and a duet with "fiddy" that is the most beautifully bizzare thing since my mum literally slipped on a banana skin!

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
You know I decided to give this guy another shot. So I pulled up this episode. And I have to say that this is the best episode he has ever had. I'm definitely not going to go back to watching his stuff, but out of all of the episodes I have seen this has to be my favorite.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
Frozengale said:
You know I decided to give this guy another shot. So I pulled up this episode. And I have to say that this is the best episode he has ever had. I'm definitely not going to go back to watching his stuff, but out of all of the episodes I have seen this has to be my favorite.
I was thinking that too. I really like his theme song. Also he still needs to be yelling at a costar(s). Maybe a bunch of puppies.

DSQ

Jun 30, 2009
It isn't an april fools methinks he really did have a power outage and couldn't make a video this week.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Why... why is Jim still here? There are many regular posters here who have/do/could contribute more than this show does. I've made my opinons about Mr. Sterling known before (and been suspended for them) so im not going to go into it again lest i anger the mighty, omnipotent forum gerbels but hes cut out the middle man here and actually stopped pretending he has something to contribute.

I emplore you Escapist. Get rid of this show, it is unfathomably bad.

Ursus Buckler

Apr 15, 2011
Well this one wasn't as hard to watch as the others... although still predictable and totally not funny.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Well that didn't make me laugh at all, and it had nothing at all to contribute to the gaming community's knowledge base.

Which means that the only thing different about this Jimquisition was it's episode length.

They're getting shorter! Keep it up Jim!

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
Wait, what just happened? Let's see a full episode about E3, I wouldn't mind some ranting from Jim on that topic.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
Fullmetalfox said:
I'm not even gonna comment on this one. :p
You appear to have failed at that =/

OT: first episode where you've not utterly iritated me, keep this quality up!

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Haha kudos! I was hoping Yahtzee was going to follow through on a video like this but he didn't quite make it

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
I saw this coming when I read your tweet about the power outage :D

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Great to see that Jim is still kicking around. Hopefully next week there'll be a full episode. You know, after Jim saves Lisa Foiles from Wart the malevolent frog king and his army of Shy Guys.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Huh. OK... Why even put this up?

Still, taking it seriously for a moment, what is this video showing exactly?

Did he have a power cut while trying to film it?

Given that the camera didn't cut out, that seems odd at first, but then I'm reminded that nearly all consumer video cameras (and quite a few professional ones) are battery operated.

So... Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I can only assume there was a power cut that lasted long enough for him to miss his video deadline.

Except... He still found the time to edit that clip together. Eh. Whatever.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Coincidentally this was pretty close to my "Cool. Whatever." reaction to most of the news out of E3. Except for Kirby Wii, which made me very, very happy.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I was bracing for another craptastic episode of the Jimquisition, but found myself pleasantly surprised.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
You gotta love escapist magazine mods. They randomly suspend people for writing short comments while completely ignoring even shorter comments.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
Well I found it pretty funny. And sums up E3 quite nicely.

Really scary that some of you didn't get why he asked that. ' -'

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
squid5580 said:
Because of this:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/codeofconduct
Regardless of what some of our content creators may say, do or provoke within their videos or articles, this does not give members the ability to act in the same way.
mireko said:
Bah, was hoping for an actual episode. Oh well, the Duke Nukem review will have to suffice.
That review was great stuff.

Scrumpmonkey said:
Why... why is Jim still here? There are many regular posters here who have/do/could contribute more than this show does. I've made my opinons about Mr. Sterling known before (and been suspended for them) so im not going to go into it again lest i anger the mighty, omnipotent forum gerbels but hes cut out the middle man here and actually stopped pretending he has something to contribute.

I emplore you Escapist. Get rid of this show, it is unfathomably bad.
Why... why are you here? Why did you click the link to this page of you don't like Jim's content? Seriously, I would like to know: Did you actually watch this video despite knowing you wouldn't like it, or did you just see that he updated and go right for the comments link to remind us all that you hate this show?

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Haters and fans, its always fun to watch the two fight.

Either way. I like him, hes enjoyable, and very....up front. Like Yahtzee! Just not as funny.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
metal mustache said:
i can't believe the number of people who watch Jimquisition who don't even like it. Its uncanny, Like his entire fan base is obsessive haters. Did i miss a joke at some point or something?
You sir, made me laugh, because I know its true, it seems more people who hate him post,

Lucky for him, a lot of us find him entertaining. He makes good points, even if his humor can be a bit dry. Overall a good show.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
He had the glasses. He had the one liner. Now where's the "Yeah!" screaming?

Dissolve

Garroter of Maladjusted Slobs
Apr 27, 2011
Thank God for Jim! Sorry you were cut off, but I appreciate that you made a joke episode instead of apologizing. Coming from you, that would just be weird.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
Awesome, that may have been the best 30 seconds of my life
Then you've obviously never had sex...

Wait, what?

OT: He could have said something. Anything. Even coughed.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I laughed at least.

It kind of gave me the impression that Jim lives in the basement of the convention hall or somthing and E3 stole all the power.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
kman123 said:
artanis_neravar said:
Awesome, that may have been the best 30 seconds of my life
Then you've obviously never had sex...

Wait, what?

OT: He could have said something. Anything. Even coughed.
who said I was talking about the video?

And he says "really?" or something along those lines

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
WHAT IS THAT THEME SONG????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
(im hopeing that if i put in lots of question marks then comment on it, i wont get suspended.)

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Why all the hate? If you don't like him fine, but come to the comments section episode after episode and talk smack about the guy. Is that what it takes to make you feel good about yourself, putting down someone who is putting in the work to create something?

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Mygaffer said:
Why all the hate? If you don't like him fine, but come to the comments section episode after episode and talk smack about the guy. Is that what it takes to make you feel good about yourself, putting down someone who is putting in the work to create something?
Because showing your distaste for a show is very bad to do. BAD OPINION HAVERS! SHAME ON YOU! How dare you share your opinion on an opinion website. How dare you share your thoughts, telling the site owners that you don't enjoy a show on their site. Such a mean thing to do.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
To be honest, this is the best episode so far. I'm not even kidding, it was the only one so far that was funny. Didn't have a point but the points of the previous installments have sucked anyway.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Hey! So now what am I supposed to thank god for huh??

Shoddy wiring and interference I s'pose....

Seriously, that had to suck.

Nekuia

Apr 8, 2009
I think I liked the comments about this video more then the fact Jim has the worse timing ever, in both cases it's fun.

Ris

Mar 31, 2011
I chuckled... right up until the point that I realised there wasn't an episode last week either, and as someone who enjoys this show that's pretty damn disappointing. There will be a show next week, yeah..?

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009
Y'know, I was initially going to complain about the lack of... "content", I suppose. But then I remembered that since I don't care for his opinion anyway, I realized that there was nothing wrong with this video after all.

Still didn't make me laugh, though.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
That was... He should have waited to put this up, since he hasn't really done enough episodes on here to actually NEED to do this, but hay, at least I laughed at the funnies of it.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Moromillas said:
What? Jim didn't say anything! I am now thoroughly disappoint!
Well, he said "Really?". That's something!

I thought it was funny. Brightened up my morning when I saw this.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
SammiYin said:
Kukulski said:
Wow, he's even fatter than I thought. Seriously, I've never been to America, but I've never seen a guy so fat with my own eyes. That's not even funny, this man will be dead in a decade.
Isn't he English?

And really he ain't that fat, even? He's wearing a thick trench coat.

And as if being fat is a bad thing. How is "you're fat" honestly an insult. You're a disgusting human being if you pull that out to demean another person.

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
I've had time to mull the episode over in my giant brain, and either this was a very deep, very clever social satire on how nobody won E3, or he was just being 'ironic' again.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, i was expecting to see a power outage, but didn't really expect him to stop doing his show. Thought it would just be a black screen, or a darkened room.
Silly old stoopid me.

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
People actually still watch Jimquisition? I guess it's true there's chlorine in the gene pool...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
So what did he actually say? "Win" or something? I couldn't even se what happened, what is this about. I'm so confused right now...
Wargamer said:
People actually still watch Jimquisition? I guess it's true there's chlorine in the gene pool...
You still posted here y'know.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Snowy Rainbow said:
Why did The Escapist put this up? I am disappoint.
Maybe he is under contract to produce a video each week regardless of the quality. But, he could of redone the vid a few hours later or the next day. Not like the powercut lasted the whole week.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
So what did he actually say? "Win" or something? I couldn't even se what happened, what is this about. I'm so confused right now...
Wargamer said:
You still posted here y'know.
The irony! XD

voorhees123 said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
Why did The Escapist put this up? I am disappoint.
Maybe he is under contract to produce a video each week regardless of the quality. But, he could of redone the vid a few hours later or the next day. Not like the powercut lasted the whole week.
He does indeed need to produce a video, but did the Escapist need to show us this? I'd have thrown it out and asked for something worth putting up. A few seconds of video isn't up to the the Escapist standard, in my opinion.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
The only thing funnier than this show, is watching just how pissed some people can get.

Im not a fan of the whole "don't like, dont watch" stigma, but really, if you don't like the show, just don't watch it.

That way, the show will get less hits and then maybe, in due time, its filthy existence will be forever gone from your glorious shrine of ultra awesome serious business!

As for me, I'll continue to enjoy the phenomenon that is Jim Sterling.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
He hasn't been doing this long enough (on the Escapist), but everyone has to have their troll episode. MovieBob had is Mario review, and Yahtzee his DNF review.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
mireko said:
Bah, was hoping for an actual episode. Oh well, the Duke Nukem review will have to suffice.
That was brutal. I thought it was going to suck based on the demo, but he makes it sound like an abomination. And humor so crude that even Jim doesn't chuckle? That has to be really bad.
OP: To everyone saying that he hasn't done enough videos to pull this: he has been doing these for a while. Only a handful on The Escapist, however.

NKnight

Jul 31, 2010
I tought this was funny, and I get the feeling he is disappointed. But at the same time this is really frustrating.

Just my humble opinion tough...

By the way, I've never tought I'd speak longer in a post than the guy posting the video.

Ps: I've seen a lot of suspended posts in here, and i hope I'm not next for saying this, but: I really understand users frustration. I feel kinda of cheated.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
FallenMessiah88 said:
The only thing funnier than this show, is watching just how pissed some people can get.

Im not a fan of the whole "don't like, dont watch" stigma, but really, if you don't like the show, just don't watch it.

That way, the show will get less hits and then maybe, in due time, its filthy existence will be forever gone from your glorious shrine of ultra awesome serious business!

"I'm not a fan of rice, but really you should just eat rice."

What?

The problem with assuming something that is crappy will go away if you stop watching is that often it's popular enough that this will not happen. If Jim reserves the right to badmouth games and whatever else he likes (and he should have that right), then so should we be able to say what we want about his poor quality, unfunny jokes and lazy videos, like this one.

I find it hilarious people are getting banned for posting basically what Jim said. So what The Escapist is telling me, is that if Jim had WRITTEN his response, you all would have modded him for Low Content Posting. Right? Good to know the rules work the same for everyone.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Because showing your distaste for a show is very bad to do. BAD OPINION HAVERS! SHAME ON YOU! How dare you share your opinion on an opinion website. How dare you share your thoughts, telling the site owners that you don't enjoy a show on their site. Such a mean thing to do.
Well played troll. I have no problem with people making their opinions heard. I am not really a huge fan of the show myself. That being said there is a small subset of users here who feel compelled to really go out of their way to be assholes in thread after thread. It is not fun to read and it goes way beyond "share(ing) your thoughts". I'm not talking about the people who say they don't like the show, or the ones who say they wish he would just quit, or that the escapist should yank the show. I am talking about the people lobbing personal insults at the guy, people making posts that would otherwise get them suspended from posting if it was about another forum member.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Well played troll. I have no problem with people making their opinions heard. I am not really a huge fan of the show myself. That being said there is a small subset of users here who feel compelled to really go out of their way to be assholes in thread after thread. It is not fun to read and it goes way beyond "share(ing) your thoughts". I'm not talking about the people who say they don't like the show, or the ones who say they wish he would just quit, or that the escapist should yank the show. I am talking about the people lobbing personal insults at the guy, people making posts that would otherwise get them suspended from posting if it was about another forum member.
Yeah some people go to far. But the guy is a loud-mouth jerk who makes a living by pissing on things. I'm sure he can take the abuse, if not then he should not be in this line of work.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Yeah some people go to far. But the guy is a loud-mouth jerk who makes a living by pissing on things. I'm sure he can take the abuse, if not then he should not be in this line of work.

Wooh~ Hypocricy is fun~ If you have a problem with something, do it yourself~

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:

Did I advocate hypocrisy? Pretty sure I didn't. Wooh~ Misreading is fun~

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:

More so, I'm reffering to the people you defend. Just because he's a 'loud mouth jerk' does not give people the right to do the same without it being hypocritical.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:

More so, I'm reffering to the people you defend. Just because he's a 'loud mouth jerk' does not give people the right to do the same without it being hypocritical.
Did I defend those people

Yeah some people go to far
Once again. Wooh~ Misreading is fun~

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:

"But the guy is a loud-mouth jerk who makes a living by pissing on things. I'm sure he can take the abuse,"

Wooh~ Trying to justify their negative comments on his videos by stating what he's a 'loud-mouth jerk'~

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:

"But the guy is a loud-mouth jerk who makes a living by pissing on things. I'm sure he can take the abuse,"

Wooh~ Trying to justify their negative comments on his videos by stating what he's a 'loud-mouth jerk'~
How is that justifying them? I'm saying that Jim is a big boy and can take care of himself. I specifically said, they go to far, that isn't justifying but condemning. I then go on to say that Jim can handle himself. Hence the "I'm sure he can take the abuse."

Blackpapa

May 26, 2010
I found this episode to be the best yet.

I think it's thanks to the proportion of parts where we don't get to see/hear Jim to the parts that we do.

Sometimes silence is golden.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I wonder if when Jim published this episode he was sort of aiming for/expecting people to say "best episode of Jimquistion yet"?
(I even wrote this text before reading any of the comments... and sure enough :)

Because an episode like this seems to invite just such comments, especially with a show that seems to have opinions quite divided...

Look-a-Hill

Nov 18, 2009
MonkeyPunch said:
I wonder if when Jim published this episode he was sort of aiming for/expecting people to say "best episode of Jimquistion yet"?
Probably, otherwise why bother posting it?
It's a good joke. Anyone who's ever watched comedy knows the best bits are when spanners are thrown into the works. Be it hecklers, technical difficulties, etc.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Some people take this stuff way too seriously.

Jesus, it's a video on the internet, if you think there are better people go start making your own videos and enter into the Escapists next competition or something.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Samurai Goomba said:
FallenMessiah88 said:

"I'm not a fan of rice, but really you should just eat rice."

What?

The problem with assuming something that is crappy will go away if you stop watching is that often it's popular enough that this will not happen. If Jim reserves the right to badmouth games and whatever else he likes (and he should have that right), then so should we be able to say what we want about his poor quality, unfunny jokes and lazy videos, like this one.

I find it hilarious people are getting banned for posting basically what Jim said. So what The Escapist is telling me, is that if Jim had WRITTEN his response, you all would have modded him for Low Content Posting. Right? Good to know the rules work the same for everyone.
Yep, I agree completely. Like I said, I too find the "don't like, don't watch" argument to be pretty weak, but I can't for the life of me see what else you "haters" could do to make Jim go away. Obviously your badmouthing doesn't work because he's still here, after 7 episodes.

But If you don't like his videos, then by all means keep on doing what you do. I won't mind. Hell, I didn't like this episode either, just like I didn't like Yathzee's "Holiday 2009" video.

Sure everyone needs a vacation once in a while or maybe they have other things to attend to. Therefore a better solution would have been to announce at the end of the previous video that there won't be a video next week because of so and so. I reckon that Jim should have done the same thing.

Jachwe

Jul 29, 2010
Finally a new episode. This guy is like my favorite on this site because he presents another view on videogames. All the other guys have only minor differences compared to this guy

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Lullabye said:
All's been said that has been said? So awesome it rendered Jim Speechless? He quit? Here's hoping.
What this guy said. Also, I sincerely hope he's not getting paid for this episode, considering that it's even more insipid and insulting than his usual manure, and that is really saying something.
You know what? The tagline for Jimquisition fits. "Get angry". I do get angry, Jim. Angry because you, despite having nothing worthwhile to contribute to the escapist, still have a prime spot that probably pays really well. Which is a shame, since you use it to make unfunny jokes, when there could be people with intelligent points to make and maybe an ounce of charisma. I would rather have back "I hit it with my axe" or "Doraleous and associates", hell, even "Game Dogs" would be far preferable to this tripe. So Jim, please go back to Destructiod and leave us the fuck alone. You add nothing and are not pleasant nor funny. I feel ashamed that I even gave you this one view.
Edit: You know what you remind me of, Jim? Duke Nukem Forever. Something that thinks it's cooler than it is, preoccupied with itself, full of callous and unfunny 'jokes', not very visually appealing, unfocused and shallow.

Deminobody

Nov 18, 2009
Alexander Cunningham said:
Just one question? what did he say? bim?
If you turn your volume up really loud you can hear him ask, "Really?"

I laughed pretty hard at this episode. The lack of seriousness in this episode went along nicely with his message from his previous episode.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
MonkeyPunch said:
And sadly, those assessments are correct.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
The joke was ruined once i saw the length of the video. I wish i could come to my job and say 'really?' and then go home, it would still take more effort than he put in making this thing.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
Have to love that almost a third of the comments have been warned about low content posts on a low content video.

OT: seems a bit lazy, if he didn't have anything to say he could have just put out a message saying he was busy at E3 and nobody would mind. Trying to make a joke with a 30 second video just fell flat. If he was trying to pull a prank like yahtzee he should have waited a while, he's new and not that popular whereas yahtzee is probably the reason the vast majority of people came to this site.

PontiusTM

Nov 2, 2010
I think this series weakens the standing of The Escapist with every further episode made. Really - this is nothing comparable to Zero Punctuation, Extra Credits, everything by Movie Bob etc. It just has got no intelectual or humorous value - at all! Even if it is understood as satire it's so very plain, yet overdone. This episode especially shows HOW uncreative Jim is, because stuff like this has been done so often up to now: overdone as I said.

I'm just stating my opinion, not demanding to end this, but warmly recommending to do so or have a drastic change of the concept for the sake of the quality of this site... which i love... except for Jimquisition...

I know every relationship has it's dark sides, but this one is nearly ... oversized.
In a black coat.

At least bring back Lisa.

please.

TitsMcGee1804

Dec 24, 2008
I really like these video's but they are so inconsistent

Have regularly posted content (like everyone else) or dont bother imo

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
I was given a warning for a low content post in response to this video. When I disputed the ironic punishment of my low content post to this low content video, I was told that I should report the post that I felt was low content. Really, Escapist? I urge anyone else who thinks this video was low content to report it as well, as the Escapist will not stand for this sort of thing!

Seriously, WTF?

Leoofmoon

Aug 14, 2008
ok guys HIS POWER DIED WHEN HE STARTED TAPEING! Thats it! you people really dont need to see what happend