Jimquisition: Super E3 Power Outage Episode

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
People actually still watch Jimquisition? I guess it's true there's chlorine in the gene pool...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
So what did he actually say? "Win" or something? I couldn't even se what happened, what is this about. I'm so confused right now...
Wargamer said:
People actually still watch Jimquisition? I guess it's true there's chlorine in the gene pool...
You still posted here y'know.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
So what did he actually say? "Win" or something? I couldn't even se what happened, what is this about. I'm so confused right now...
Wargamer said:
You still posted here y'know.
The irony! XD

voorhees123 said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
Why did The Escapist put this up? I am disappoint.
Maybe he is under contract to produce a video each week regardless of the quality. But, he could of redone the vid a few hours later or the next day. Not like the powercut lasted the whole week.
He does indeed need to produce a video, but did the Escapist need to show us this? I'd have thrown it out and asked for something worth putting up. A few seconds of video isn't up to the the Escapist standard, in my opinion.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
The only thing funnier than this show, is watching just how pissed some people can get.

Im not a fan of the whole "don't like, dont watch" stigma, but really, if you don't like the show, just don't watch it.

That way, the show will get less hits and then maybe, in due time, its filthy existence will be forever gone from your glorious shrine of ultra awesome serious business!

As for me, I'll continue to enjoy the phenomenon that is Jim Sterling.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
mireko said:
Bah, was hoping for an actual episode. Oh well, the Duke Nukem review will have to suffice.
That was brutal. I thought it was going to suck based on the demo, but he makes it sound like an abomination. And humor so crude that even Jim doesn't chuckle? That has to be really bad.
OP: To everyone saying that he hasn't done enough videos to pull this: he has been doing these for a while. Only a handful on The Escapist, however.

NKnight

Jul 31, 2010
I tought this was funny, and I get the feeling he is disappointed. But at the same time this is really frustrating.

Just my humble opinion tough...

By the way, I've never tought I'd speak longer in a post than the guy posting the video.

Ps: I've seen a lot of suspended posts in here, and i hope I'm not next for saying this, but: I really understand users frustration. I feel kinda of cheated.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
FallenMessiah88 said:
The only thing funnier than this show, is watching just how pissed some people can get.

Im not a fan of the whole "don't like, dont watch" stigma, but really, if you don't like the show, just don't watch it.

That way, the show will get less hits and then maybe, in due time, its filthy existence will be forever gone from your glorious shrine of ultra awesome serious business!

As for me, I'll continue to enjoy the phenomenon that is Jim Sterling.
"I'm not a fan of rice, but really you should just eat rice."

What?

The problem with assuming something that is crappy will go away if you stop watching is that often it's popular enough that this will not happen. If Jim reserves the right to badmouth games and whatever else he likes (and he should have that right), then so should we be able to say what we want about his poor quality, unfunny jokes and lazy videos, like this one.

I find it hilarious people are getting banned for posting basically what Jim said. So what The Escapist is telling me, is that if Jim had WRITTEN his response, you all would have modded him for Low Content Posting. Right? Good to know the rules work the same for everyone.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Why all the hate? If you don't like him fine, but come to the comments section episode after episode and talk smack about the guy. Is that what it takes to make you feel good about yourself, putting down someone who is putting in the work to create something?
Because showing your distaste for a show is very bad to do. BAD OPINION HAVERS! SHAME ON YOU! How dare you share your opinion on an opinion website. How dare you share your thoughts, telling the site owners that you don't enjoy a show on their site. Such a mean thing to do.
Well played troll. I have no problem with people making their opinions heard. I am not really a huge fan of the show myself. That being said there is a small subset of users here who feel compelled to really go out of their way to be assholes in thread after thread. It is not fun to read and it goes way beyond "share(ing) your thoughts". I'm not talking about the people who say they don't like the show, or the ones who say they wish he would just quit, or that the escapist should yank the show. I am talking about the people lobbing personal insults at the guy, people making posts that would otherwise get them suspended from posting if it was about another forum member.
Yeah some people go to far. But the guy is a loud-mouth jerk who makes a living by pissing on things. I'm sure he can take the abuse, if not then he should not be in this line of work.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Why all the hate? If you don't like him fine, but come to the comments section episode after episode and talk smack about the guy. Is that what it takes to make you feel good about yourself, putting down someone who is putting in the work to create something?
Because showing your distaste for a show is very bad to do. BAD OPINION HAVERS! SHAME ON YOU! How dare you share your opinion on an opinion website. How dare you share your thoughts, telling the site owners that you don't enjoy a show on their site. Such a mean thing to do.
Well played troll. I have no problem with people making their opinions heard. I am not really a huge fan of the show myself. That being said there is a small subset of users here who feel compelled to really go out of their way to be assholes in thread after thread. It is not fun to read and it goes way beyond "share(ing) your thoughts". I'm not talking about the people who say they don't like the show, or the ones who say they wish he would just quit, or that the escapist should yank the show. I am talking about the people lobbing personal insults at the guy, people making posts that would otherwise get them suspended from posting if it was about another forum member.
Yeah some people go to far. But the guy is a loud-mouth jerk who makes a living by pissing on things. I'm sure he can take the abuse, if not then he should not be in this line of work.

Wooh~ Hypocricy is fun~ If you have a problem with something, do it yourself~

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:

Did I advocate hypocrisy? Pretty sure I didn't. Wooh~ Misreading is fun~

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:

Did I advocate hypocrisy? Pretty sure I didn't. Wooh~ Misreading is fun~
More so, I'm reffering to the people you defend. Just because he's a 'loud mouth jerk' does not give people the right to do the same without it being hypocritical.