Jimquisition: The Beautiful Irony of PC Gaming

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
The Beautiful Irony of PC Gaming

Beauty is only skin deep, and a pretty face can only go so far. Fortunately, Jim Sterling is both beautiful and wise, so he is basically the perfect lifeform. In a way, he is very much like PC gaming -- visually stunning on the surface, but with a depth that nobody appreciates.

Watch Video

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
sir.rutthed said:
Error 200 Stream not found. Please fix.
Works just fine.

A: What's that big sword?
B: What's that game that looked like Serious Sam but had a few weapons I haven't seen?

Thanks to the 9 people that have answered this question, you can stop now!

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
About dang time he got the black shirt and red tie back on. Looks so much more classier that way. :D

Sorta jealous of the sword though.. :(

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I clicked that video expecting a turd-slinging session. I'm relieved to be proven wrong.

Oh, and personally, I'm on a PC because I like the ol' mouse and keyboard. Graphics are nice, but they're hardly my primary concern.

Volothos

Dec 31, 2008
Baneat said:
sir.rutthed said:
Works just fine.

B: What's that game that looked like Serious Sam but had a few weapons I haven't seen?
A. Relic, i think they made space marine, gave him a wooden chainsword.
B.I wanna know too.

OT: In this case i think we should thank the god emperor...
Great vid Jim, cant wait till next week!

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
all those titles he was talking about....yeah i don't want to play them, well except Recettear. for everything else i want to play on pc that is exclusive to pc : witcher 2 and diablo III and for them i have to spend money to upgrade my PC. good thing witcher 2 coming to xbox. if my core2duo+8800gts will run Diablo III on very low settings then it's will be first PC game i played in years. My reason i'm on consoles because i like J-RPGs and console exclusives and don't care about graphics so i play on consoles all those games that on PC too, i can upgrade my PC just don't see point.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
Baneat said:
sir.rutthed said:
Works just fine.

A. That, my friend, is a Warhammer 40k chainsword wielded by the mighty Adeptus Astartes.

B. Have no clue.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
I find that one of the biggest perks to PC gaming is the ability to mod games. Openly, freely and usually legally. Consoles don't have this without hoops, and tricks that aren't supported by companies. A lot of cult classics were kept a live for a long time because of the modding scene such as the Half Life series, because of how open the game content was to being modded.

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
winter2 said:
Baneat said:
sir.rutthed said:
Works just fine.

A. That, my friend, is a Warhammer 40k chainsword wielded by the mighty Adeptus Astartes.

B. Have no clue.
B. http://store.steampowered.com/app/41070/

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Excellent video. Jim's best so far in my opinion. As someone who's most up to date piece of gaming hardware is a 2 year old laptop I often get scared off by the PC gamer graphics wars. But! When actually getting down to it in the end the games I want to play are the games that run just fine on my laptop (even if it means setting minecraft to fast graphics and making the draw distance tiny when the processor starts to chug a bit) and the fact that I was hesetant was silly.

Also, cheers Jim for pointing out that for backwards compatability alone, PC gaming is a no brainer.

*contemplates playing old lucas arts games...*

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Yes, Thank GOD for Jim, for saying what many of use PC gamers have been trying to say for years. Now that there's an official video, maybe this will put an end to the silly console vs PC threads. (I know i'm being optimistic)

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Baneat said:
sir.rutthed said:
Works just fine.

It is...

*Drumroll*

Serious Sam 3!

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Baneat said:
sir.rutthed said:
Works just fine.

A: A Chainsword from Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.
B: Serious Sam 3.

OT: Good video. I used to be a pure console gamer, but I recently got myself a sweet rig, and I am now a console and PC gamer. And yes, the irony is that most of the games I have been playing are... not very graphic intensive. People need to understand that they don't need a thousand dollar plus rig to play some of the best games on the system.

beetrain

Nov 17, 2009
That was a rather long tangent about EYE. Not that I'm comlaining, I love it myself and have Jim to thank for bringing my attention to it.

And yeah, I find most games I'm interested in run just fine on my laptop, except Amnesia.