Jimquisition: The Best Looking Game of This Generation

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
dantoddd said:
Lol! Jim is so full of shit. This point has been made 1000s of times over the years, jim aping it now isn't going to get him any cookie points. And his content is silly as well. All i heard was some rambling about bright colors & cell shaded animations. All the bright colors in the world won't make your game pretty if your character models are poo poo. There is a lot more to the subjects of game aesthetics than bright colors. a lot more. Yet when deciding the best looking of this generation, all we hear is some clique rambling about bright colors.
Just play Okami or Shadow of the Colossus.
PS2 games that looks better than most games today.

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
Denamic said:
dantoddd said:
Lol! Jim is so full of shit. This point has been made 1000s of times over the years, jim aping it now isn't going to get him any cookie points. And his content is silly as well. All i heard was some rambling about bright colors & cell shaded animations. All the bright colors in the world won't make your game pretty if your character models are poo poo. There is a lot more to the subjects of game aesthetics than bright colors. a lot more. Yet when deciding the best looking of this generation, all we hear is some clique rambling about bright colors.
Neither of those games belong to this generation. Shadow of the colossus illustrates my point. All ICO games have a very subdued palette, yet they all all look beautiful. So Jim's clearly missing something here.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
dantoddd said:
Denamic said:
dantoddd said:
Neither of those games belong to this generation. Shadow of the colossus illustrates my point. All ICO games have a very subdued palette, yet they all all look beautiful. So Jim's clearly missing something here.
What abooooooot dark souls
I liked the ash lake area the best

Art style over graphics, it's been said before

trancebam

Jan 18, 2010
I'd have to disagree. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations as well as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow had very vibrant and diverse color pallets while still striving for realistic graphics. Those would be among the best looking games in my opinion.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I agree 100 fucking percent.

I live in a beautiful part of the world, near Snowdonia in Wales so I see the need for realism pointless. When I play a video game, I want to play somewhere else. If I wanted to see rolling hills/epic mountains/city environments/shitholes I'd just walk out of my house. That is why games like Windwaker and Patapon I <3 <3 <3
That's probably why Nintendo is so successful because their games look visually good.

I am always sorrowful when games I used to love when I was young, I'd come back to and hate them due to their aesthetics.