Jimquisition: The FarCry Racism Adventure

omegadir

Jan 29, 2014
Can someone tell me about more sites and channels like Jimquisition? I love then people tell and write not only about games, but also about industry and it state, but sadly I have problem finding good sites like The escapist. Most other sites is just game reviews and news, so anybody know more sites like this?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
This is really late but.. did Jim just sync his speech about publisher strangleholds on information with Vaas' 'Definition of Insanity' speech?

Freaking genius if he did.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Ygrez said:
And yet the Far Cry 3 cover art had a latino guy holding a gun to a white guy's head who was mostly buried in the sand with blood on his face... and no one complained about that.
The landscape has changed quickly, and people are a bit more vocal and seeking a platform based on politics right now. What's more there were racism allegations thrown at "Far Cry 3", except they tended to refer to the villain as being "vaguely ethnic" and catering to race paranoia. Of course this didn't go anywhere because it's not an unreasonable setting or depiction for an action game. You basically have a bunch of third world pirates preying on the first world (tourists, ships, etc...) which is a real problem. It's sort of like calling "Captain Phillip" racist when it was pretty much a true story (and the bad guy got kudos for his performance, where he was playing what amounts to a real person, apparently the guy he was playing the part of is still locked up). Rationality prevailed and this didn't really go anywhere.

I think a good portion of the problem with "Far Cry 4" is people were looking for something to attack, and after the failure to turn "Far Cry 3" into a bigger issue, this is kind of a rematch. They probably could have put Bert from Seseme Street forcing Barney to bow before him on the cover and people would have claimed it was bigoted against people in mascot type costumes, showing them being dominated by a master race of muppets... and I mean not to downplay the whole issue of Muppet tyranny, and the way they treat humans using suits trying to live up to their ideal, but it's not exactly an unusual... especially with Bert, I mean people have known he's evil for years right now (I've seen internet pictures of him hanging out with the Nazis so it must be true)... and I mean crap, look at those eyebrows. Liberating the mascot people from the Muppets is a worthy cause and people shouldn't read into it... but we all know they would. :)

AnotherRumpKicker

Apr 9, 2014
This is becoming borderline parody at this point. Why on earth is it ubisoft's fault that other people jumped to conclusions?

There was nothing to suggest that the cover image was the protagonist, and there's nothing there to suggest racism either.
This is just more sensationalist clickbait garbage to pad out the dwindling 'traditional' games media's ad revenue quotas. Stop giving attention to these reactionary overemotional social justice warriors and their chronic case of white guilt.

I'd be the last person to defend a publisher, especially ubisoft after this watch_dogs fiasco but this Farcry thing is a complete non-issue. It is not the publisher's responsibility to label the race of everyone in their cover art or put out the villian's entire backstory to 'justify' why a villain is acting villainous. It's fucking ridiculous.

Mr.Mustacho

Jan 14, 2011
i'm sorry but if the first thing that goes trough your head when you see a white guy being a dick to a non white guy is "this here's some racism happening" you're making some racist assumpions yourself

and this whole "i said i was white at the start of my video so it's ok now" is stupid
if you actually think being white gives you less right to talk abouth racial isseus don't talk abouth racial issues,
but sinds you did talk abouth it (so i assume you do think yourself capable) why apolagize in advance for saying somthing

but none of that matters because even if the game was about a white guy going on some cleansing trip
what kind of retarded dimwith would advertise the game as such
it's 2014 and in case people havent noticed being a racist isn't actually all that populair and most companies know it