Jimquisition: The Sh*tiest Games of 2012

TAdamson

Jun 20, 2012
Let me demonstrate how to get your post size down. I'll also point out how little substance there is in a single paragraph.

Also your ignorance is... well, extreme. [Unnecessary and unsupported personal attack - remove] To be honest my attitude on homosexuals is pretty much middle of the road, but you for all your claims of worldlyness [what claims?] have never actually met someone with extreme viewpoints to understand the differances. [Unsupported claim] Especially [especially why? remove word] seeing as my attitudes are backed up by a lot of experience and training. [unsupported claim] See, I'm a trained observer in certain contexts, who has actually been trusted to put those skills to use professionally. [unsupported claim and redundant - remove] This makes me fundementally differant from you, or anyone who has never been in a similar profession. [non sequitur claim -remove] Referred to in training as "colored glasses", [redundant information - remove add paragraph break] once you learn certain things, and how to do them, you can no longer see the world the way someone who is not trained does not. [non sequitur claim and appeal to authority, makes last claim redundant] You can basically say I'm wrong about homosexuals and so on, but that's because of what you've heard, read, and want to believe. Your opinion compared to mine being ultimatly meaningless because you simply don't actually know anything, and aren't equipped properly to learn it. [assertion without evidence] This applies to a lot of matters, not just this. [irrelevant -remove] You've never been enabled to spy on people (going beyond that training), and to be brutally honest, would probably never be trusted to do so, even in as limited a context as I did. [completely irrelevant] In short, there are subjects you are incapable of having an informed opinion on, and the tradegy of it is that like most in that opinion you'll never really understand why this is, or what a differant person you'd be if you ever did have your eyes opened to the truth.

So anyway it ends up being:

To be honest my attitude on homosexuals is pretty much middle of the road, but you for all your claims of worldlyness have never actually met someone with extreme viewpoints to understand the differances.

Seeing as my attitudes are backed up by a lot of experience and training. Once you learn certain things, and how to do them, you can no longer see the world the way someone who is not trained does not. You can basically say I'm wrong about homosexuals and so on, but that's because of what you've heard, read, and want to believe. Your opinion compared to mine being ultimatly meaningless because you simply don't actually know anything, and aren't equipped properly to learn it.

You've never been enabled to spy on people (going beyond that training), and to be brutally honest, would probably never be trusted to do so, even in as limited a context as I did. In short, there are subjects you are incapable of having an informed opinion on, and the tradegy of it is that like most in that opinion you'll never really understand why this is, or what a differant person you'd be if you ever did have your eyes opened to the truth.
I've challenged you before to provide evidence beyond your anecdotal rubbish and you've failed to come through. As such you're just another person perpetuating dangerous myths about perfectly normal people.

If you're claiming experience because you are "a trained observer" (What ever the fuck that means, are you a cop? A social worker? Private investigator? Vigilante?) I think you're probably suffering from exposure bias.

Regardless previous statements you've made have been fundamentally disgusting and in no way "middle of the road".
You want to claim that homosexuals are more likely to be paedophiles, provide statistical evidence from peer reviewed research or fuck off. Your creepy claims that your "experience and training" (Care to name the organisation?) and being "enabled to spy on people"(?????????) provided you with knowledge about the "truth" about homosexuals do not fucking wash and are pretty horrific in and of themselves.

You make it sound like you spy on homosexuals appropo of nothing. What I'm assuming is that you've been asked (or you do it off your own back for fucked up reasons of your own.) to watch those accused or convicted of child sex offences against boys. This is selection bias which you've turned to bigotry.

Or you're making the scientificcally fallaceous argument that because 3% of men are gay and 33% of child sexual offenders target boys, that homosexuals are more likely to offend. This disregards the evidence that the mechanics in the psychology between homosexual and hetrosexual paedophilia and that of androphilia and gynophilia are completely different and that.

It also ignores the massive body of evidence that paedophiles do not display erectile response when shown pictures of adults of the same sex as their preferred child gender.

TAdamson

Jun 20, 2012
Back on topic.

Therumancer said:
. Racism is the belief that a group of people are intristically inferior
No. That's the definition of supremacism.

If you want a completely shallow definition that leaves out the types of racism that you prefer to not include, probably because you exhibit at least some of them, then I guess that works for you.

But you are leaving out social-xenophobia, cultural-xenophobia, aversive-racism, social-racism, and institutionalised discrimination. These are lesser forms of discrimination or racism than outright supremacist notions or the "white man's burden" type of racism but they do exist.

But Therumancer will probably claim that these terms are invented by liberal academics suffering from "white-guilt" and that his "training" to "spy on people" (I call bullshit.) gives him access to information far in advance of what us mere mortals who post less than 1000 words at a time can comprehend.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
doggie015 said:
I find it amazing that WarZ didn't get the number 1 spot! It's even shittier than what was picked!
Considering how The War Z can charitably be described as an early beta, or more accurately a late alpha, not making the Shittiest Games of 2012 list isn't that surprising; it isn't a game, it's a proof of concept that got released to cash in on Day Z's popularity.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Mr_Terrific said:
Lollipop Chainsaw- This game has no redeeming qualities. NONE. If you like this game, then you are a piece of s*** and you know you are....lol. J/k....sort of o_O

Metal of Honor: Warfighter a.k.a Metal of Honor: Doorbreacher- The name alone should win it an award for s***iest game of 2012.
Lollipop Chainsaw is fucking awesome, the arcade level is one of the very best gaming experiences all year.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter is literally the best online FPS (infantry vs infantry) this console gen. Danger Close blew both Treyarch and Infinity Ward out of the water with their multiplayer. Warfighter has something EVERY FPS should have and that is LEANING. Hell, even every TPS should have leaning too, it only adds to the gunplay, and I haven't seen a console control scheme for a FPS or a TPS where leaning could not be added rather simply. Plus, Warfighter has an awesome slide and shoot move you can do while sprinting (sliding around a corner with a shotgun to kill a camper is extremely satisfying). Warfighter's single player is fucking garbage though, the worst campaign in a shooter I've ever played.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Is that verdict including or not including the patch for Silent Hill DH Collection that fixes some of the issues?

Capcom & Konami managed to remain on gamers' shit list all year.

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
I don't know why you guys are being so racist, it's not skeletor's fault his bones are white.

Also, thank you for including him in the video...it was like an aural oasis between periods of Jim speaking.

TAdamson

Jun 20, 2012
Gizmo1990 said:
What is Jims problem with konami? I agree with him but he seems to really hate them. Is it just that they continue to fuck up some of his favorite game series or did something actually happen between him and konami?
cursedseishi said:
Gizmo1990 said:
What is Jims problem with konami? I agree with him but he seems to really hate them. Is it just that they continue to fuck up some of his favorite game series or did something actually happen between him and konami?
Well, my guess is that its because of Konami's studio of choice for the HD collection.

They chose a mobile device dev, mostly unknown, rather untalented, mobile device dev. Devs with absolutely no real experience doing jack squat on consoles, doing HD games much less HD textures.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/92768.html
Studio was also formerly known as PhoenixSoft.

The fact that all those issues that exist within the HD collection doesn't surprise me. What DOES surprise me is that they actually managed to do anything at all with the games, though I guess being given access to all of its code, even if it is incomplete, helped tremendously.

Its like how I have a problem with Square Enix, because they decided to choose Double Helix (another group of rather untalented bubs) to create the new Front Mission game. A Turn-based RPG Mecha game was turned into the weakest, shoddiest piece of Armored Core wannabee I've seen yet.

It's also because both studios wanted these games done dirt cheap. Coincidentally, Double Helix did Silent Hill: Homecoming. Which, while not as horribly bad as the HD collection, was still an uninspired and simplistic mess.
There was a Jimqisition on Konami's poor (Read: completely non existant) marketing and PR. This video was apparentlly shown to execs at Konami who decided that as punishment for being a messenger on their failings that Jim Stirling would be banned.

Banned from what is the question. JS isstill the principle Destructoid reviewer for all of Konamis games. He was refused entry to Konamis PAX booth but otherwise all this decision seemsto haveachieved is a small Streisand effect and an increase of Jim Sterling based Konami mockery on Podtoid.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
TAdamson said:
But Therumancer will probably claim that these terms are invented by liberal academics suffering from "white-guilt" and that his "training" to "spy on people" (I call bullshit.) gives him access to information far in advance of what us mere mortals who post less than 1000 words at a time can comprehend.
Thank heavens i am not the only one that has seen this. Problem is reporting it is annoying because they have to wade through so much fluff to see the offensive bit that it is not seen due to the sheer size of the posts.

I just gave up and put him on my ignore list.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
I am afraid I must strongly protest your unfair allegations. I did not trivialize your Lord and Savior. I dismissed his entire existence and placed myself higher than he in status and majesty.

When I go to the effort of tearing Christ from his gilded throne and taking my rightful place as God's chosen warrior, when I question the validity of his Holy claims -- for I truly, truly believe that my existence disproves any assertion that he could be the messiah -- I can only be insulted at your suggestion I'd stop at merely "trivializing" him.

To be quite frank, your outright blasphemy has been contentious and vile throughout. That you would DARE directly address me, let alone challenge my Word (for the News is Good) is absolutely disgusting. When I ascend, when I rise to my kingdom of glory on high, you shall quiver, and you shall cry, and your punishment shall be terrible, and your punishment shall be beautiful, and you shall not want it to stop, for even an eternity bound in agonized debt to me is far higher an experience than even a MOMENT bereft of my presence.

Now begone, sinner, and do NOT darken these halls again with your putrid filth.

Yours in contempt,
Jim Sterling, Son of Man, Son of God, All Cop.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Nicolaus99 said:
Chides Family Guy game for being offensive while waving a giant rubber penis at the camera.
How are these two things similar? Family Guy was offensive. My giant rubber penis is beautiful and majestic. No hypocrisy there, just one awful thing and one glorious thing.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Darkja1 said:
Once again Jim Sterling manages to make one of the most offensive statements I've ever heard. "There is no Christ I am your Christ now". Really I don't appreciate someone trivializing my Lord and Savior with such a revolting comment. Even if you don't agree with my religious standpoint you should have enough dignity as a professional not to demean someone else religion.
Satire, dude. It's that simple. Jim's entire on-site character is a satire. No one can stand higher than God, because God is just a cultural construct that only has bearing on the lives of believers. If he matters to you, cool beans. He doesn't matter to me. I'm an atheist.

I'd much rather join Jim's pretend-cult than acknowledge the Christian faith, which contains some of the more hateful sacks of flesh I've ever had the dubious pleasure to listen to. The most I do is acknowledge Christianity has having cultural value - pretty much like Greek mythology or Mesopotamian creation myths.

Understand that he's pulling your leg throughout his entire videos, or don't watch them. That's all.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Darkja1 said:
Satire only works when it doesn't alienate it's audience. Just as you wouldn't want me to cram my beliefs or belittle your (yes I know there are Christians who do but show me where I have) I don't appreciate someone making light of my beliefs by claiming he is the second coming while swinging around a giant plastic phalace. All beliefs are protected by the constitution from persecution not just Christians but certainly not just Atheists. I don't understand a mentality where it is OK to belittle someone else's belief publicly but here it is. From internet vids to billboards we can tear down other peoples belief systems.
I think the Saints Row phallus defeats any pretensions of godliness, honestly. That seems to be the entire point of the thing.

Or is it that Jim's character, as his own self-crowned religious figure, can get away with waving a dildo bat around because that's part of his religious tenets?

I'd seriously rather have fun with this goofy setup than pick it apart for hurting someone's beliefs. Maybe you should just look back on all the jokes involving God or the Hereafter and consider that you're being a tad too much defensive of your faith.

You're a believer. That's cool. It won't stop anyone from making jokes about Jesus walking into a bar in your presence.

Durzo_Blint

Apr 7, 2011
Darkja1 said:
I'm sorry that me defending myself rather than laughing at it bothers you so but if I may make a point. He didn't make a Jesus walks into a bar joke. He didn't make a all Christian's are this or that joke. He said he WAS God. This crosses the line from humor to insulting. You don't claim deity it allienates any person with religion and if your an atheist you don't claim it because YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN IT. I can take jokes as the crass insensitive ramblings of someone who doesn't agree with but this crossed the line.
I find it offensive that you believe there's only one God. Where's the respect for the Mighty Zeus and the rest of the Olympians?

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Darkja1 said:
I also do feel the need that there is a difference between having a belief and Jim abusing his position as a professional journalist to mock one.
The last thing you'll ever hear Jim refer to himself as is a "professional journalist".