Jimquisition: The Shi!*iest Games of 2013

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
The Shi!*iest Games of 2013

The year officially ends right here, right now, with our annual dose of bitterness and rage, courtesy of James Sterling and Skeletor.

Watch Video

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Well, almost got the top 3. Forgot about the AvP game. Also, my order was so off there.

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Dynasty Warriors music hell yeah!

Ah well kudos and thank god for you Jim, may we have another great year to look forward to!

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Kinda surprised that Batman: Arkham Origins wasn't among them. Other than that pretty agreeable.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Somehow I expected Beyond: Two Souls to be on this list.

But I guess it makes sense, seeing as how forgettable it was.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Kinda surprised that Batman: Arkham Origins wasn't among them. Other than that pretty agreeable.
Basically Origins, LocoCycle, and Knack were vying for that 10 spot. Knack "won" the tussle after deliberation.

KennyNitro

Aug 25, 2013
Walking Dead: Survival Instinct was probably my top worst game of 2013. Mostly because I bought it to review it. I never finished the review because I refused to finish the game.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, I saw most of that list coming, besides the second Alien game, since I hadn't heard of it. The only other game I was expecting to possibly see was Fuse.

I'm also glad to say I haven't had the misfortune to play any of these, either.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Casual Shinji said:

Yeah, there were a lot of mediocre games, but being mediocre isn't bad enough to get on the list.

There were so many just plain dull games, I was half tempted to do a Top Ten Most Boring, but I am so done with lists now.

gigantor21

Mar 5, 2008
Really glad he called out Knack on the insipid bullshit spouted by Cerny and Sony to cover their asses. That they dared to speak of it in the same terms as the old Spyro games, and had the nerve to use the "kid's game" excuse in the wake of the industry's long history of excellent family-friendly titles, was deeply insulting to me. Super Mario 3D World being something kids could play hasn't stopped it from being a GOTY-contender (and winner, for Eurogamer).

Great video.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I was surprised when I found out that Knack was a full priced retail game, in the trailers and such leading up to the PS4 release it looked like a cheaper downloadable title.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I'm disappointed GTA Online wasn't named worst game of the year.... Or even made the list.

1 - This game's character creation is worse than Saints Row 2 or PS Home.
2 - There are no houses to buy outside of Los Santos
3 - The leveling system prevents you from stealing certain vehicles even though you can drive them.
4 - It also blocks you from keeping guns you've picked up.
5 - Its so troll infested the only way to enjoy the game is to stick with invite only & even then that means ignoring your phone for anyone inviting you to a mission. Of course you could also enter in that passive mode but it cost in game money & all that does is prevent you from actually playing & you can still get run over by a troll.
6 - And to top this all off it micro transactions the ability to buy fake money.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Heh, you got me, I was expecting Aliens:Colonial Marines (or whatever it was called) to rate higher.

Though, noticed a few franchise games there, wonder how less bad they'd seem (or less people would care) if nobody was invested in their franchise.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Star Trek: Trexels

Having recently watched Angry Joe's review on Star Trek: Trexels I half expected this one to make the list. Admittedly, it came out very late in the year and it's quite possible Jim never had the 'privilege' to play it.

Then again, it's entirely possible the game isn't as bad as Angry Joe makes it sound.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
What does this Rooker guy at 03.58 say? I only understand: "Gibberish", in a game, what can be better then that?.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Jimothy Sterling said:
Casual Shinji said:

Yeah, there were a lot of mediocre games, but being mediocre isn't bad enough to get on the list.

There were so many just plain dull games, I was half tempted to do a Top Ten Most Boring, but I am so done with lists now.
Do you consider this a pretty mediocre gaming year? I myself can?t really judge since most of the games I buy are atleast a year old.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
themilo504 said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
Casual Shinji said:

Do you consider this a pretty mediocre gaming year? I myself can?t really judge since most of the games I buy are atleast a year old.
For me, it was a year of extremes. I think we've seen some of the best games of our time appear this year. I also think we've seen some of the worst.

And a whole lot of extremely boring shit in between!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:

It would be interesting to watch you try and rate boredom on a scale of 1 to 10 though.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Glad to say I haven't played any of those games, good to know what to avoid in sales anyhow. I also second geier's post I have no idea what that Rooker guy said either.

ShirowShirow

Oct 14, 2010
gigantor21 said:
Really glad he called out Knack on the insipid bullshit spouted by Cerny and Sony to cover their asses. That they dared to speak of it in the same terms as the old Spyro games, and had the nerve to use the "kid's game" excuse in the wake of the industry's long history of excellent family-friendly titles, was deeply insulting to me. Super Mario 3D World being something kids could play hasn't stopped it from being a GOTY-contender (and winner, for Eurogamer).

Great video.
Agreed 100%. That game really is an insult in almost every way imaginable. It's single-handedly put off my interest in the PS4 for the time being, it's down to Infamous Second Son now.

SO GLAD ALL THE BRAVEST GOT TOP HONORS. That game was essentially Square Enix trying to rip people off using nostalgia as bait.