Jimquisition: The Weird is Not Enough

Apr 25, 2009
Ahhh Jim, I actually liked you in this one!!

It was a good change to formula. Less rant and more actual insight to design philosophies and aesthetics = a damn good step in the right direction, in my books!

Mr C

May 8, 2008
I never hated Jim at the beginning, but I didn't warm to him either. However, this episode is a step in the right direction.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I feel there is a plenty of room for irony here. Just swearing doesn't make an attractive show, just being weird and pretending to be egoistical isn't fun when it's like our job is to sit here and watch you have fun with yourself...

But it's not really true. This is a decent show, unfortunately squeezed between Extra Credits, Zero Punctuation and MovieBob which cornered all three aspects of opinionated first (intellectual, funny and really really opinionated) which makes it hard for this to feel fresh. But all in all it's fair enough, I haven't been completely engaged in every video, but thats a lot to ask. I will say I'm treating this more as a podcast though, with nothing much to be worth looking at, something which creates the shotgun humour affect in the other three aforementioned shows.

EDIT: And after four watchings the opening credits haven't got any less awesome :D

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
Third episode I've watched, and third episode that is completely underwhelming. Also, Jim's voice just irks me for some reason and I haven't the first clue why that is.

Overall, this series is done for me, good luck with your future endeavors Jim and I hope we never meet again. Cheers!

Manatee Slayer

Apr 21, 2010
If the trend continues this could become a great series, I especially enjoyed the specific insight into certain games, giving reasons as to why they did well or why they failed.

However, the vulgar humor just doesn't fit in with the rest of the show. I understand that in between each insightful period a joke has to be thrown in to lighten the tone, but I would consider a more creative or eccentric humor, a bit like the orangafan gag, over the crass "I could force my family..." one.

Still, credit where it is due, this was a much improved video. Good work. :)

DefiantWolf

Aug 22, 2010
I grinned to myself when he slammed The Path for it's presentation. It's like he read my mind.

If you don't engage the player, you have failed in your vision, and thus failed as an artist.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Is this actually a problem in gaming? Seriously, he was right about Noby Noby Boy but I'd never even heard of Cargo and the weird games that tend to have a single fan in their fanbase like said Deadly Premonition and Killer 7 are pretty much the games that depth in other areas

What other "weird" games are there out there that get any notice at all? Katamari...that about it? Thought so...

I'm not a fan of Jimquisition yet but this topic isnt relevent. There aren't THAT many games out there that ARE just weird with not background gameplay. Maybe this discussion is better made about film.

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
Hey. Keep working on it. Your getting better.

These are actually getting funny. Like said earlier- Humor's a little forced, but now some of these aren't blatant telling the audience they suck ass.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
I like him, he's funny. But the first game he talked about was german, how did he play it ?

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I watched all the episodes and while this episode was pretty good compared to the others, I'm still not feeling anything incredible towards the series.

Some of the lines are funny and some of the points are well made (even if they're already made by other people)

Sorry Jim, I'm sure you've got your fanbase, and I'll give a few more episodes here and there a go if you tackle a subject that actually interests me, but these videos really just aren't my style of entertainment.

NinjaOnXTC

Apr 25, 2011
So, starting to get interesting and it is tolerable if you get passed the forced humor, however it is easy to improve on (in my humble opinion) horrible videos. Only real downfall is that I see him trying to emulate the success of Yahtzee by acting like him, by catering to the narcissist market that Yahtzee is. I will watch the next two, but unless the change is an exponential one I don't think that I will bother much more.