Jimquisition: Too Cool To Be Cool

teh_steve

Nov 19, 2009
I just want to say that Jim is actually very, VERY right in this one. Duke plays straight, given the subject matter that's pretty horrific. It would be better if it actually attempted irony, satire or anything comedic other than just "dude's a womaniser, s'cool".

mythil

Nov 14, 2010
Coming back to this guy.. I still don't like him. I hope they replace him with something more interesting and takes more effort.

greyseven

Jan 16, 2011
I agree with this. The problem with Duke Nukem Forever is the developers' hardon and mancrush on the character in their attempt to deify him, and less on making the game something fresh. That's why the graphics look straight out of 2008 and the jokes are all the same as they were 14 years ago. Sure they're keeping he original feel for the game alive, but that's like trying to preserve a pickle inside of a napkin for a month. I'm sure they'll make millions on the nostalgia dollar, though.

retterkl

Oct 27, 2008
Duke = Parody of action heroes. Not his own character

I know it's been said, but i'm dogpilling!

Moffman

May 21, 2009
Now that the games out and the reviews are in it seems Jim called this! I'm pretty shocked he was soooo right (thought there was a pang of truth but that this wouldn't matter) about this, I may give him a little more credit from now on :)

werty10089

Aug 14, 2011
I'm sorry, but the whole time I was watching this the only thing I could think of was "CAPTAAAAAINNN QQQQQQUAAAARRRKKKK!!!"