Jimquisition: Videogames Are Not Movies, Get Over It

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Videogames Are Not Movies, Get Over It

Let gaming's biggest douchebag explain to you how games aren't films, films aren't games, and David Cage will never be a moviemaker.

Watch Video

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
From Destructoid to The Escapist! These guys are awesome at finding people (from Yahtzee to the Extra Credits team to The LRR guys) and now Jim! Welcome to The Escapist!

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
O.0 Intriguing person. Uh. And yes, video games aren't movies/otherwayaround.

Was this rant inspired solely by Heavy Rain? :O

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Movies are not videogames, and videogames are not movies!
Movies are videogames not, and videogames are movies not!

Galliam

Dec 26, 2008
I like the idea, but I don't know about the medium. It would work better as an article. His points were good, but I got distracted by his accent and glasses.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
So...it's entertaining because he says "fuck" a lot?

'Cause, otherwise, I feel like I've missed the joke.

SlayerN

8th Place
Nov 26, 2009
I wonder how he will diversify himself from the other, similar shows on the site.
I liked it this week and hope he can keep up the momentum.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I don't know who this guy is.... but I like him! Looking forward to the next episode, whenever it is!

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
Interesting......going to wait on this one till he starts getting good questions coming in.

Wodan

Feb 8, 2010
Hmmm... Decently put argument... Somewhat interesting and novel orator... I am intrigued to see more of what this series and what Jim can offer.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Yay, a yahtzee and a movie bob hibred. cause that wont be troll feed.

Anyway, this one didnt impress me, but I dont like the argument. I'll have to wait and see with the next vid.

TheSkaAssassin

Oct 12, 2009
o...k...

I don't get it. Why do we need more videos people rambling into a microphone and calling it "commentary"? We have Yahtzee, Movie Bob (twice a week), and Extra Credits.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
i know that you are doing this for longer and you are great at it and you do have a place a this site etc.

the only thing that annoyed ME at this episode was that you weren't clear at who you were talking (at the start.) were you talking to us gamers? i hope not, because the only reaction i had to you saying that games arent movie line, was NO SHIT!!, is there even one person on this site who disagrees with that line?

if you were talking to the developers and producers, then you have a great point.

so yeah it was a good video, but at the start i just wasn't clear to who you were talking.

Funky Flump

Jun 24, 2010
I liked it but maybe as an audio feature more-so than a video he just stood there, i feel it could be improved by adding some more pictures or another backdrop just my opinion

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Yeeeah I got his point, not sure his point needed to be five minutes long, though. Loved the Zorn and Thorn music though so he gets some kudos for that... I guess
AngryMongoose said:
Movies are not videogames, and videogames are not movies!
Movies are videogames not, and videogames are movies not!
You made my point better than I did, well done sir!

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Interesting stuff, but he either needs to cuss a lot less or not at all. Otherwise, with his fast method of delivery and accent it's only a matter of time before the Yahtzee comparisons start coming in.