Jimquisition: Videogames Are Not Movies, Get Over It

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Brainst0rm said:
So...it's entertaining because he says "fuck" a lot?

'Cause, otherwise, I feel like I've missed the joke.
Eh? It's not a fucking joke; it's a fucking message!

K Graphite

Pyrophoric
Apr 8, 2010
Thanks, but no thanks Escapist. This was neither entertaining, nor enlightening. I will not be coming back to watch this guy.

PS: I want that 6 minutes of my life back.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
The only reason I don't feel an emotional reaction is it taking place far away and transmitted as innocent bits. If this would happen in a physical vicinity, I would get the hell out as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

The pic looked like Philip Gleisner.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
I like it, it'll be a nice things to look forward to on mondays while i'm looking forward to wednsdays and thursdays

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
You know what?

I agree with pretty much everything he said. He articulated it fairly well and made points I've been going over in my head for ages.

BUT!

I still couldn't wait for the video to end. This guy shits me even more than Lisa Foiles.

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
Frozengale said:
Prop3r Badman said:
You guys really are a bunch of insular Yahtzee circle jerk offs as i heard. Have you guys ever been on another website?

Jim Sterling is a very opinionated individual, and whilst his presentation might be raw his opinions are always valid.
The drunk that just pissed on my coat and humped my chair may have valid opinions... that doesn't mean I want to watch him...

Valid opinions are a dime a dozen. Everyone has opinions, and most people have good reasoning to back it up. The guy said nothing that hasn't been said a million times by other contributors on this website and by the forumites in general.
Fucking YES!

mythil

Nov 14, 2010
I was really excited to see someone I thought was going to be Jim Cornette doing something on the Escapist..

Imagine how disappointed I was to see this guy.. For a first video he's pretty.. bad.. Spends most of his time stuttering over himself, contradicting his own viewpoints and just adding foul language in there for no real reason.. Yes I know some people on here do it but they have done it to comic effect, this guy is just, offensive.. He doesn't even seem to know what he's talking about in parts and, as stated before, contradicts his own statements.. Thumbs down. :p

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Jim may be stating the obvious. But having some of the comments, articles and videos from Escapist in mind, he needs to say it many more times.

Sometimes the obvious is the hardest thing to spot.

Gavmando

Feb 3, 2009
Sorry dude, but I dont think i'll be a fan.

The only good point you made is that video games and movies are different things and should be treated as such. You repeated that point a lot, but you didnt give many reasons why. Like, the majority of people above 30 think that video games are for kids as they didnt grow up on games which means that they will never understand the attraction to them. And they're the ones with the money, power and influence to make video games look bad.

Plus you just come across as a Yahtzee-Movie Bob hybrid without the intelligence or gift of the gab.

Kaisharga

Dec 5, 2007
This is a great time to point out the importance of revision, and the general rule in writing and composition that you should listen to yourself read or perform what you've written before you consider it finalized. This is like a first-take rough-draft awful mess. Visually boring, inarticulate, repetitive, with unsubstantiated and unexplained arguments. A lot of just-so claims, and no real payoff for wading through it all. I'm almost sorry I gave this show a chance.

lowkey_jotunn

Feb 23, 2011
While amusing, it's nothing that hasn't been covered already, more eloquently, on this very site.

Aside from the accent and unique, uh, look ... there is nothing here that isn't better covered by EC. But hey, it's week 1, and the presence of cock and balls in the video tells me they're trying to play up the shock value, so I'll give it a few more weeks before I pass personal judgment.

GreyKnight3445

Nov 2, 2010
*sigh*
this guy is horrible, it`s like you took Movie Bob and Yahtzee, added them together and sucked out the interesting dialog and opinions.
This guy is not funny.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
Ugh. Simplistic, shallow, and irritating. Out of everyone at Destructoid, why did it have to be Jim? We couldn't have gotten Chad Concelmo instead?

You know what really irritates me? Talking about video games like it's all the same medium. There are very few things Frogger has in common with Half Life 2, aside from pressing buttons to make things happen on a computer's screen. It'd be like lumping comics in with text novels because they both appear in print.

Khada

Night Angel
Jan 8, 2009
Do not want. Just an idiot blabbing in an non articulate manner about something the majority of escapists would know. It's the polar opposite of Extra Credits, which is brilliant and actually helps further the medium.

Ghost7733

Nov 19, 2009
this man in my opinion is undeserving of a spot and related add space he inhabits. He needs to upgrade the production value of his works before submitting them. poorly lit white backdrop is a mistake noone should be making on this site.

sorry sir but you are small time