Jimquisition: Videogames Are Not Movies, Get Over It

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
...What?

Am I seriously the only one who realizes the only thing this man is doing is breathlessly stating points that have been made by millions of other, more important internet celebrities, without any particular defining style?

Oh well, at least it means that, if I start trolling loudly enough, The Escapist might feature me. But then again, considering how low the level is right now, I doubt it can be considered as much of an achievement.

AbnormalFetus

Sep 11, 2009
Videogames Are Not Movies, Get Over It!

Yea thanks, I'm over it. In fact I have never been under it. And I'm not quite sure you saying fuck and dick makes the argument more compelling. Ranting for 5 min about a topic, while completely missing any relevant or interesting points is impressive in itself I guess. But it's a skill best reserved for posting on some irrelevant internett forum for entitled basement heros, not moviemaking.
I don't think I have ever given a shit about Roger Eberts opinions on games. But I'm quite sure give even less shit about your opinions on anything.
Maybe next time you are making a movie about narrative structures you can take a look at your own narrative. You know, because "Movies are not internett forums. Get it?"

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
Ugh... morbidly obese guy whines about something no one gives a toss about for 5 mins...
Video game's aren't movies... No shit sherlock.

Students in my arts course give more entertaining presentations than this crap.
Also why is this advertisement banner everywhere? I watched LRR and Unskippable in Full Screen mode so I didn't have to look at this guys hideous graphic, and moving the videos into an off centre windowed mode...

I hope they kick this losers ass to the kerb,
either way not watching this show again.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Finally watched the vid, and I say the man's got a point. The sound quality seems to jump in different segments, though.

Also, I demand you wear the Monocle at some point.

Volkov

Dec 4, 2010
Didn't like the content at all, both because it was poorly thought out and written, but also because the delivery was bad (nothing to do with the accent). But, it's good that there is something on Mondays now. Hopefully he'll get a lot better with time, because right now the writing and delivery were VERY subpar.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
So... this is basically a Yahtzee-wannabe in front of a webcam? Seriously, this isn't worth it.

And why is it always British guys who are surly commentators on the internet? Part of me wants to see a surly woman from Illinois. That would be kind of awesome.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
Color me unimpressed... he doesn't say anything new, and the delivery is nothing special. May watch it from time to time if the topic interests me but in general AVOID.

Good job using the 'lesbian' pic to draw interest.

mollemannen

Aug 15, 2009
the whole movie i imagined jim actually being a dwarf. i used my soundcard options to pitchshift the sound a bit and voila! hilarity ensued.

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
That was the most annoying and irritating thing I have ever watched. I would suggest that this series be removed from the Escapist, but that probably won't happen. Rest assured, I will not watch any more episodes of this.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
This video was peereeeeeety bad. The commentator has no wit or sense of humor, and talks at length over a topic that much more insightful, witty, and intelligent people have discussed. The amount of times that the commentator repeated himself and seemed to just wander around indicates to me that he wasn't scripted and did not plan his rant very well. I'd call this a pinch above youtube quality.

About all I learned or gained from this video is that 'video games aren't movies'. The commentator offers nothing new. There isn't anything wrong with not offering anything new, but if you go that route, then you have to offer nothing new in a way that is indicative of exceptional quality, which the reviewer also failed at. In short, it's nothing that is going to be added to my weekly viewing schedule.

ronald1840

Oct 4, 2010
Brainst0rm said:
So...it's entertaining because he says "fuck" a lot?

'Cause, otherwise, I feel like I've missed the joke.
It doesn't take a lot of effort to win people over here.

mythil

Nov 14, 2010
See my above quote, from the advert alone I thought it was going to be Jim Cornette

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
I don't get it... is being a dbag his selling point? He certainly isn't funny or even edgy. I mean maybe when i'm drunk enough his pauses for breath would be hilarious but him using cock pics and saying fuck a lot doesn't make an insightful game... analyst or funny game satirist? I don't write anyone off first show but this seems boring and done a million times in one form or another.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009

He's a bit of a douche.
A semi-interesting douche, but still a douche.

I still think people should get over the "Games are art" mind-set because it makes a lot of gamers come across as whiny little shits.

Overall. Doubt I'll watch much.

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
Um...yeah. I don't think I'll be watching more of this. If I want witty snark, I'll re-watch episodes of Zero Punctuation for the 5th time, at least those never get old unlike this which already was halfway through.

Poisoni

Aug 20, 2009
I don't want to start anything here, but I only got 1/3 of the way through because Jim, and this is PURELY personal, got on my nerves. I have no idea what his point was and I can't even remember what he said, except that the way he said it annoyed me. I'm just stating my opinion.