Jimquisition: Xbox 360 and PS3 Are Just Very Crap PCs

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Xbox 360 and PS3 Are Just Very Crap PCs

There was once a time when consoles had something that PCs didn't have. They were cheaper, easier to use, more convenient. They dominated the market because they dominated our need to be lazy and catered to. Then this generation happened.

Watch Video

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
I wouldn't say consoles start as very crap PCs. Most of their launches, I'll admit, are rather decent because of the launch titles that invite the consumer to try it out with few hassles.

No. I'd say that most consoles are now trying to be like PCs. With updates, patches, online, etc., but don't do it quite as well because they're usually closed platforms bound to a corporation. PCs, on the other hand, are open and the owners of games are free to do whatever they want with their game.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Calibanbutcher said:
A shitstorm is coming.
I smell a bunch of assholes yelling at us for our taste coming. They will come at me soon.

Please... I like the Wii... don't kill me...

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
saintdane05 said:
Calibanbutcher said:
A shitstorm is coming.
I smell a bunch of assholes yelling at you for your taste coming. They will come at me soon.

Please... I like the Wii... don't kill me...
For MY taste?
What did I do?

BTW: Already got myself some popcorn, mai-tais and chips.
This is gonna be good.

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
As convenient as consoles are,PCs always have the flexibility and independence from anything that's not the consumer.And a PC requires only a brain to operate,nothing more.Not to mention that the entire Internet is on your finger tips.
And is it me,or is Jim just getting sick of US corporations doing their "business",so much that he's willing to give up dealing with them once and for all.

I'll leave this here: "Bloody Americans!" as I like to say(and no I'm not British,I'm from East EU)

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Look, I enjoy PC gaming from time to time, but to say you can't think of anything that makes consoles better than PCs in any way? How about the fact that when I install a $50 game on my PC, it more often then not requires me to spend 1-3 hours getting the damn thing to run on my stupid PC because whatever they used doesn't conform to my sound/video/processor of choice.

Because of the boring conformity, at least I know my games will be compatible with my 360 or PS3. And yes, I love mods, but I can at least see this as being a benefit to boring old console gaming.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Yea this makes sense to me actually, as time has gone on I've started to gravitate more towards PC gaming, and now the only thing stopping me from pretty much abandoning consoles altogether is that most of my friends are console gamers

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Calibanbutcher said:
For MY taste?
What did I do?

BTW: Already got myself some popcorn, mai-tais and chips.
This is gonna be good.
I was referring to all of us consol peasants. I shall grab the pitch forks to defend ourselves.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
PC is better? Yeah, all those that say "download x and x and x mods to make game better" even though the vanilla version of the game was fine. Look at Crysis 2...on xbox it was shit and bland fps with great graphics. On PC they bitched that the graphics could be better with that extra update? The game is still sucky.

Plutar

Mar 17, 2011
Jim Sterling said:
Xbox 360 and PS3 Are Just Very Crap PCs

They were cheaper, easier to use, more convenient.
Last I checked, consoles were still cheaper than gaming PC's.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Yeah I agree. If I could afford to make the jump to PCs I would. I'd keep my consoles for exclusives but I'd mainly play on PC.

Also INB4 shitstorm

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Now finally someone has voiced my opinions.

Now I game on a very crap PC and so far I am enjoying it. I'm playing Skyrim and after all the mods that I have put, I can't believe that anyone has the patience to play on a console.

Sorry consoles, you still are good (there's always Demons/Dark Souls), but there is no way that consoles are going to be profitable unless corporations face the fact that consoles cannot act as small scale PCs and copy the big brother who already has a good reputation of having the consumers fix (by their own merit) what's wrong in a game along with many, many advantages.