JK Rowling's new book - A detective novel about a trans serial killer murdering women

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, White describes a mention of the killer wearing a woman's coat as the "only" mention of transvesticism in the book. She's quite insistent that that's the only mention of it, "one page in 900". But somebody else in this thread has already posted a screen-shot of another mention of it (post #99).

Given White's other content, I don't find it hard to believe she's being selective.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Wait, White describes a mention of the killer wearing a woman's coat as the "only" mention of transvesticism in the book. She's quite insistent that that's the only mention of it, "one page in 900". But somebody else in this thread has already posted a screen-shot of another mention of it (post #99).

Given White's other content, I don't find it hard to believe she's being selective.
So let me get this right.

The evidence of J.K.Rowling being a Transphobe is a book that people claim is against Transvestites?
I didn't know Trangender / Transexual and Transvestite hatred were all grouped under the terms Transphobe now.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Well, that and all the other things Rowling has said or written about trans people in the past.
The book really doesn't do that, what she has stated online though is highly questionable however.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
So let me get this right.

The evidence of J.K.Rowling being a Transphobe is a book that people claim is against Transvestites?
I didn't know Trangender / Transexual and Transvestite hatred were all grouped under the terms Transphobe now.
Well, not quite. This is notable because it comes on the heels of the numerous tweets and the essay she wrote on the subject, as well as other weird stuff like deleting her praise for Stephen King as soon as he posted something supportive of the trans community.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Shush, context is hard guys. So much easier to just assume every grievance another person has is fake then work from that presumption to the truth.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Shush, context is hard guys. So much easier to just assume every grievance another person has is fake then work from that presumption to the truth.
Yea, I think your whole grievance with your world being on fire and breathing toxic air is FAKE. Truth is you like breathing the toxic world melting fumes to get high. Is that how this works? XD

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Well, not quite. This is notable because it comes on the heels of the numerous tweets and the essay she wrote on the subject, as well as other weird stuff like deleting her praise for Stephen King as soon as he posted something supportive of the trans community.
Yes because she wrote this whole book in the span of a few months, and oh right, context! You mean how King's tweet was made specifically because someone prodded him to "stick it" to to Rowling?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Yes because she wrote this whole book in the span of a few months, and oh right, context!
How is this relevant? I'm not claiming she wrote it since this all blew up just in order to stick it to people. I'm saying that there's a possibility that its indicative of her attitude, since its part of a wider pattern. It doesn't much matter when she wrote it.

You mean how King's tweet was made specifically because someone prodded him to "stick it" to to Rowling?
His tweet didn't "stick it" to anybody, though, did it? It literally just said "yes. trans women are women".

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well this thread is literally about the book........It seemed people were taking grievance with what happened in the book.