John McAfee Says he Knows Who Hacked Sony, And It's Not North Korea

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
He doesn't want to be a nark? What is he in high school still or something? If he has information regarding the identities of people that did millions of dollars worth of damages and threatened the lives of innocent people and he is withholding that information from law enforcement he deserves to be charged prosecuted for that.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Kameburger said:
If they were "civil libertarians" why would they try to make it seem like they were North Korea? Isn't the whole point of activism to draw attention to the cause in which you are acting on behalf of? Am I missing something? And now is he technically an accomplice? So many silly questions.
I tend to agree with the general civil libertarian point of view and I'm pretty sure "make dysfunctional communist dictatorship look strong and powerful" is not one of the party's intended goals. If anything, they'd be on Sony's side and would understand their right to do business however they wanted.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Maze1125 said:
So, even though NK are the only people in the world with a motive to do this, they didn't do this...
NK is not the only one with a motive. "Hackers" across the globe have been doing things like this for years, just for fun or to "stick it to the man." Here, NK would just give random hackers a loudmouth scapegoat that people would be scared of performing real life violence.

I don't think NK is behind it, either, but tuning a blind eye on them would be stupid either way. Being blamed, if only for a moment, could inspire them to do something worse when the spotlight moves away from them.

OT: With the insanity we seen before from McAfee, I'd bet he thinks he led the team to do it.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Abomination said:
flarty said:
The fact you think that Elmer Fudd is real is alarming.
I... don't?

He's a cartoon character.

That's the joke.

OT: I believe he maay well be talking out of his ass, but thats most of what he spends his time doing, the rest is sdpent on cocaine.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008

Yyyup, seems legit to me. Or rather, not. Come on, McAfee. We may have skeptics on board, but none of them are behaving like this. *Sigh* Chances are, what he's thinking is...

Let's leave him alone. He's gone runny in the head.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Hairless Mammoth said:
Maze1125 said:
So, even though NK are the only people in the world with a motive to do this, they didn't do this...
NK is not the only one with a motive. "Hackers" across the globe have been doing things like this for years, just for fun or to "stick it to the man." Here, NK would just give random hackers a loudmouth scapegoat that people would be scared of performing real life violence.

I don't think NK is behind it, either, but tuning a blind eye on them would be stupid either way. Being blamed, if only for a moment, could inspire them to do something worse when the spotlight moves away from them.

OT: With the insanity we seen before from McAfee, I'd bet he thinks he led the team to do it.
Yeah, a half-arsed film that no-one cared about before this happened, general "hackers" clearly have a reason to go after it...

Again, NK are the only people with a motive to go after this film.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Maze1125 said:
Again, NK are the only people with a motive to go after this film.
Why do you think that this was ever about the movie? When it comes to cyber crime, you practically have to question the official story because there's no real physical evidence to speak of other than the fact that North Korea literally doesn't have the infrastructure or manpower to pull this off. They could have payed someone else, sure, but that's doubtful too since the amount of data that was leaked from Sony indicates that this was a hacking effort that took a lot longer than most people realize. Who knows how long the hackers had access to Sony's data and how long they've been collecting it. It didn't happen over night. As far as we know, hackers could be collecting data from other companies as we speak.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Adam Jensen said:
...North Korea literally doesn't have the infrastructure or manpower to pull this off.
North Korea may be a pathetic backwater, but they still have computers, an internet connection, and a labor force notorious for being put to work on the angry whims of their leaders rather than useful economic development.

At this point, I'm getting more and more inclined to believe the official story simply because the counter-narratives are such thin nonsense. What's motivating that?

TheLastFeeder

Oct 29, 2012
Elfgore said:
Isn't that illegal? He's withholding evidence in what seems to be a pretty serious crime, can't the police just arrest and interrogate him? I'm no expert on law and the like, so feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Or more likely it's just a man past his fame shouting "Notice me, Senpai!" by saying stupid shit. Wouldn't be the first time.
I don't think you're wrong, but I would think the charges of murder and runing a meth lab in his basement would take priority...

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Or, maybe he's just talking out of his ass? I guess we'll never know.".
I believe this says it all: "John McAfee, former anti-virus kingpin turned lunatic"...

And btw, it's "narc", not "nark"... Narc is slang shorthand for 'narcotics undercover agent', i.e. an infiltrator with the sole purpose of bringing down criminals from the start.

So his use of the term here is incorrect; he has not been sent in to find out more information by the government, after all...
Just like all the other things he's saying, anyway. *rolls eyes*.

P.S.
Please stop posting crackpot ramblings as news, it brings down the quality of the whole site (and it's not exactly been riding as high lately as it was many years ago already) :(

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
I asked point-blank - all joking aside - in another thread if they could do it. The general concensus is that they can, or just hired somebody else. So basically, the myth is not busted, and this guy ain't exactly the one to do it.

small

Aug 5, 2014
Kameburger said:
If they were "civil libertarians" why would they try to make it seem like they were North Korea? Isn't the whole point of activism to draw attention to the cause in which you are acting on behalf of? Am I missing something? And now is he technically an accomplice? So many silly questions.
well there was no mention from the hackers what so ever of north korea and the movie initially. it was a straight up extortion attempt "give us money or we will reveal your secrets". it was only when the media started suggesting north korea and possibly the interview was involved that the hackers demands changed.

that doesnt sound very north korea or "civil libertarians" more like a group who decided to change things up for shits and giggles

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The image used for the thumbnail on the front page pretty much reflects how I view McAfee. Out of the modern loop, feeling self important enough to comment on current events loudly and possibly high. *shrug*

Doesn't take a background in anti-malware to figure out it wasn't North Korea though.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Elfgore said:
Isn't that illegal? He's withholding evidence in what seems to be a pretty serious crime, can't the police just arrest and interrogate him? I'm no expert on law and the like, so feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Or more likely it's just a man past his fame shouting "Notice me, Senpai!" by saying stupid shit. Wouldn't be the first time.
What evidence? He knows nothing firsthand. He is simply an Internet conspiracy nut and murderous lunatic these days. No one has given him direct access to any data.,he knows nothing more than any of us do. In other words shit he read on an Internet message board.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Ahhhh.", news stories about Mr. McAfee never fail to bring a smile to my face.
Shine on you crazy diamond.