John Romero "Has Plans" for a New FPS

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
I'm so glad I was Mac-user back when this hype was going around. I.e I never actually heard of it before it all blew over.
But new oldschool fps? Sure, I'm in. Anything that isn't "realistic" works for me.

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
Romero has been out of the AAA development game for so long now, it's hard to believe he'll ever be a relevant presence again. I suppose he might be able to dredge up some VC on name recognition alone. Maybe. I'll believe it when I see it.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Desaari said:
Why does everyone seem to forget that Ion Storm made Deus Ex? The game often tops "best game of all time" lists, yet when the company is mentioned everyone dwells on Daikatana.
Because everyone also seems to forget (or doesn't know) that there were two Ion Storm studios, Dallas and Austin, and while the Austin studio had considerable success and was actually around for a few years after Romero left, in the collective gamer consciousness, Ion Storm Dallas = Ion Storm = Romero = Daikatana.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
Romero hasn't done anything worthwhile since Quake. In fact, none of the original ID team have done anything groundbreaking since then.