Johnny Depp Is Mad And Creepy

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Johnny Depp Is Mad And Creepy

The first image of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter has been released, and there's no denying it - he's got the "mad" thing down solid.

Depp is appearing in Alice in Wonderland [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000318/].

Depp has a reputation for choosing unusual roles in movies like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099329/].

Alice in Wonderland [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/fullcredits#cast] is currently in production, and is planned for release in March 2010.

Source: Filmonic [http://filmonic.com/johnny-depp-mad-hatter]

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
This movie would be awesome, if it was quite a high rating. I just think it would be cool to see an adult (I don't mean adult adult) children's tale.

fluffylandmine

Jul 23, 2008
Tim Burton is one of the few movie industry people I would allow in my fallout shelter should the time arrive.

And since Depp isn't that bad(he has his moments where I'm lead to utter confusion and discust) I suppose he could have the upper left corner near the door...but only if there is no more Willy-Wonka without it being the original.

eggdog14

Oct 17, 2007
Unfortunately this is exactly what i would predict from depp/burton. I'm not impressed. Simply looking "wacky" doesn't cut it for me anymore. Ugh.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
The casting looks terrific. Although I'm getting some Michael Jackson vides off of Tim Burton because of his choice in movies to make his handiwork is rarely lacking.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
he's such an awesome actor

but i will always remeber him as

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_and_Loathing_in_Las_Vegas_(film)]

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
fluffylandmine said:
Tim Burton is one of the few movie industry people I would allow in my fallout shelter should the time arrive.

And since Depp isn't that bad(he has his moments where I'm lead to utter confusion and discust) I suppose he could have the upper left corner near the door...but only if there is no more Willy-Wonka without it being the original.
Because, y'know, the "original" Willy Wonka had SO MUCH to do with the original book, as opposed to Burton's flick.

Yep.

As for this, my first thought was "Why doesn't he just team up with American McGee?...in fact, hasn't American McGee been working on Alice as a film since forever? Huh...".

This is a much better role for Depp than Sweeny Todd was. I got to see the original play and the play Into the Woods by the same writer, and they were awesome. But Depp as Sweeny Todd was a horrid casting choice. Depp is the wrong kind of insane to play Todd.

BlazeTheVampire

May 14, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
he's such an awesome actor

but i will always remeber him as

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_and_Loathing_in_Las_Vegas_(film)]
Indeed!

stoid7 said:
I'm looking forward to this. I'm a big fan of both Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. Charlie and the chocolate factory was even better than the original, but I did miss the original oompa loompa songs. Sweeny Todd was good too, but I wasn't expecting the whole musical thing when i first saw it, none of the commercials showed them singing.
Sweeney Todd was a musical to begin with... But I'm starting to feel that Johnny Depp doesn't do much actual acting. He's the same characters over and over again. I enjoyed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because it was something out of the ordinary for him: a creative character.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Tim Burton works with Johnny Depp a lot, doesn't he?
Edward Scissorhands, Sweeny Tood, Charlie and the chocolate factory...

I bet this movie will be amazing. I love Tim Burton's work.
And if Alan Rickman is in it, that's just a plus.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
ccesarano said:
Because, y'know, the "original" Willy Wonka had SO MUCH to do with the original book, as opposed to Burton's flick.

Yep.
actually besides the back story of his dad being a dentist it was pretty close to the book, he DID have a lot to do with the story since he was leading the tour

Gothic Novel

Nov 14, 2008
Need... must... have... johnny... watch... now...

> What?
>> Shrill
>>> heh I shall stop now!
>>>> Then stop
>>>>> Ok
>>>>>> Shhh!
>>>>>>> NO!
>>>>>>>> WTF?!?!?!????

Vivaldi

Jul 26, 2008
I think he will do a great job, he is a good actor.

On a side note... WHY GOD WHY?!?!?!?

Alice in Wonderland is my favorite book and I especially love that not big name, ultra payed actors/ directors have tried to adapt it to a film. Admittedly if anyone it should be Tim Burton but do you guys think he will just turn it into an ultra dark, crrpy film that is only loosely based on the book? I think that it could be good but I really did not want this to happen. I will watch it if only to see my hope and dreams fall before me.

ObadiahBlack

Sep 23, 2008
Simply amazing. I love Depp, I think he's a terrific actor, and he's partnership/friendship with Burton has created some very memorable roles. And acting alongside with Bonham Carter and Rickman again? AND Hathaway?

DAMN, I want to act so badly. . .

PlasticPorter

Aug 27, 2008
I HATE Johnny Depp
Can there be one, just ONE weird/cool/creepy movie that he doesn't sneak into?
I mean I'm pretty sure if he had his way HE would have played Alice.

Godamn him, he ruined pirates and now he's ruining classic opium fueled english literature
is nothing sacred?

He absolutely butchered Willy Wonka, I mean the writing was crap in that movie but did Depp really have to be a friggin' creeper like
EVERY time he gets in front of a camera?

You know who else is creepy and who can actually act? Steve Buscemi, Alan Rickman, Willem Defoe
Willem Defoe would make an AWESOME mad hatter! You know its true!

I just really want Johnny Depp to stop doing the same role in every movie he's quintessentially a skinny, creepy Ben Stiller.

and seriously Tim Burton, I love you but please admit you have wet dreams about Johnny Depp, your not fooling anyone.

(and yes i'm aware all you fanboys/girls hate me now)