Join Kevin Butler In Celebrating "Gaming Is..." Day on Twitter

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Join Kevin Butler In Celebrating "Gaming Is..." Day on Twitter

Sony marketing frontman Kevin Butler has declared today "National #gamingis Day" on Twitter, and he wants you to join him.

At Sony's E3 2010 press conference, actor Jerry Lambert - better known to gamers as Sony's "Kevin Butler" character - stole the stage (and the show) to give an impassioned speech on what gaming really was. Gaming was "staying up until 3am for a trophy that isn't real ... but IS!" Gaming was "girls who know the way to a guy's heart is through a melee attack."

Yes, it was a pre-written speech by a clever marketer delivered by an actor, but that didn't mean it didn't strike a chord with gamers everywhere. We all love games, don't we? Of course we do.

Now, it's well known that we here at The Escapist are rather fond of the Kevin Butler campaign, so when the Kevin Butler Twitter account [http://www.twitter.com/TheKevinButler] declared today "National #gamingis Day" and encouraged people in the Twitter-verse to start tweeting what gaming was to them, we thought we'd hop on board.

If you have a Twitter account, why not chime in? Remember to include the #gamingis hashtag, and throw your two cents into the pool: What is gaming to you?

I'll start [http://twitter.com/cantfakethefunk/statuses/20891253136]: Gaming is breaking your mouse-clicking finger and learning to use another finger to play TF2 and Diablo.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
#gamingis holding it in just a bit longer! Nature can wait, the universe needs saving!
Incidentally, anyone ever get a hernia?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
#gamingis refusing to be bested by the hardest diffculty setting. Even it takes all week, you WILL beat that thing!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe! National Gaming Day! Now if only they would let me stay at home for it lol

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Gaming is better on the 360 than the PS3!
JK Gaming is having fun no matter what platform you're playing on, and hopefully someday it'll be just one platform or games will have multiplatform multiplayer

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
#Gamingis saving the game so you can leave and then spending another hour on it.

#Gamingis is in another castle

#Gamingis being more awesome then humanly possible

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
I'm gonna be honest...I thought once i clicked on this it was something about Justin Beiber talking about gaming...you can now hit me in the face for it.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Gaming is giving your girlfriend the second controller to collect stars in Super Mario Galaxy and counting it as 'bonding' time :)

Apr 28, 2008
Well I will not use Twitter, but I will say it here.

Gaming to me is about exploring fantastic new worlds. Doing things that many only dream of. Its about the adventure into a brand new land, and coming back with many stories to tell.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Don't have Twitter. Never have, never will. But here it is anyway.

#gamingis some of the best moments of my life

#gamingis art. Suck it, Ebert!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
#gamingis putting off work for just five more minutes...well, maybe another half-hour won't hurt

Also, his real name isn't Kevin Butler? Huh.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Gaming is.. Showing Dr. Wily it doesn't matter how many robot masters he makes, We will always be the weakness.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
#gamingis saying 'Just 5 more mintes', then realising it's 4 in the afternoon and you've missed lunch.

#gamingis spending more money on video games and consoles than food and other real-life necessities.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
TPiddy said:
Gaming is giving your girlfriend the second controller to collect stars in Super Mario Galaxy and counting it as 'bonding' time :)
:O It DOESN'T Count!?
That Douche, be right back...