Join the Fight With The Escapist Live in Dust 514

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
SecondPrize said:
Purple-Uni war Best war. OT, get involved in FW, Escapist Mag. Join Amarr-Caldari and we'll put those dirty slaves and hedonists down together, or Minnie-Gallente and I can bomb you guys, either way is fine, really.
It was a good fight, and I got myself around 21B in killmails for the loss of only 0.5B. Killmails aren't super-important to me, but I had great fun, and the huge ISK efficiency I got was a nice bonus to that.

Product Placement said:
Boo. You misquoted me. I said I didn't know about how the EVE-Dust interaction works in practice, meaning to actually do it myself. I know plenty about how it is supposed to work in theory.

Huh... this thread is novel for me. I was under the impression that EVE (and indeed most MMO's) are not very popular on this site, or perhaps that's just my typical failure at being able to find and chat people up. Seems like there are more people into this than I thought. :eek:

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Yureina said:
You misquoted me
No. I misunderstood you. I failed to understand what you meant, with the "in practice" part, and wanted to be nice and explain how interaction between the two games worked.

I didn't manipulate your sentence, in any way, so I resent the accusation of misquoting.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
1. give times in GMT, because you know, the site is not only used by americans.
2. time to blast you all from orbit
3. its the first escapist live show that im actually interested in, good job.
4. I like lists....

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Strazdas said:
1. give times in GMT, because you know, the site is not only used by americans.
1) North Carolina is about +5 or +6 to GMT, think of it this way, most video series The Escapist publishes comes out at noon for them, and 1700 for the UK crowd.

Strazdas said:
2. time to blast you all from orbit
2) On second thoughts its probably best that you don't know when and where we are on.

Strazdas said:
3. its the first escapist live show that im actually interested in, good job.
4. I like lists....
3) I'm digging out my mic to annoy the crap out of my comrades for this event.

4) Lists are good.

#) Profit.

18) I completely fucked up the quote tags, sorry about that.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
DigitalSushi said:
1)
2)
3)
4)

#) Profit.

You forgot the crucial step: "???" before profit.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Do the quick battle things actually take place in the Eve world or is it just the corperation and mercenary tabs that do that?

Edit: is it also normal not to be able to find any battles apart from the 3 instant battle options?

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Strazdas said:
DigitalSushi said:
1)
2)
3)
4)

#) Profit.

I know right?, I fucked up the quote tags and a MEME, god I'm useless.

I'll just not tell anyone my PSN name for fear of them shunning me!

cyzada

Sep 15, 2011
I've been playing Dust for a while now, it's pretty good but since it's only in beta none of the cross platform stuff works yet, other than Corps.
Some of the info in the article is wrong btw, there are NO "cosmetic upgrades" and stuff you can buy w Aurum you CANNOT buy w ISK, most of the Aurum items are either blueprints or you can access weapons/equipment a level early.
It's a fun game tho I recommend it.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Product Placement said:
Yureina said:
You misquoted me
No. I misunderstood you. I failed to understand what you meant, with the "in practice" part, and wanted to be nice and explain how interaction between the two games worked.

I didn't manipulate your sentence, in any way, so I resent the accusation of misquoting.
Well you didn't quote exactly what I said... soo... umm yeah. I'm just gonna flee now. I can't be arsed to get into a fight right now.

OT: I do have a question though... for us EVE people and the whole orbital bombardment thing... how big a difference, if any, does using different guns make? I'm wondering if I should just have a cheap noob ship with civilian guns or a fully T2 fit battleship for kabooming stuff. o_o

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
DigitalSushi said:
Strazdas said:
DigitalSushi said:
1)
2)
3)
4)

#) Profit.

I know right?, I fucked up the quote tags and a MEME, god I'm useless.

I'll just not tell anyone my PSN name for fear of them shunning me!
So your not going to tell anyone your PescoDiablo, are you?
oooops
(its on your profile)

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Yureina said:
Well you didn't quote exactly what I said...
What you said:
I see. To be honest I don't really know how the interaction between the two games actually works in practice since i've not tried it. Been real busy lately, plus in Eve I tend to be more interested in expanding my swimming pool full of monies more than anything else. That and occasionally blowing stuff up. Was in the RvB-E-Uni war the other week. :)
What I quoted (bolded):
I see. To be honest I don't really know how the interaction between the two games actually works in practice since i've not tried it. Been real busy lately, plus in Eve I tend to be more interested in expanding my swimming pool full of monies more than anything else. That and occasionally blowing stuff up. Was in the RvB-E-Uni war the other week. :)
I didn't alter the text that I quoted to change what you were saying in any way. All the unbolded part adds to your post is that you've been too busy to find out how the Dust/EVE interaction works, in addition to you tending to focusing on different things, when playing EVE. You still stated that you didn't know how the interaction between the two games worked (in practice), so even if I had quoted the filler text, my answer would have been exactly the same.
Yureina said:
how big a difference, if any, does using different guns make?
Ok. This time, it's a question, right? I'm not gonna get flack for answering this one.

Eve is not gonna allow you to use normal guns for bombardment. You need to equip specialized orbital bombardment weaponry, called Tactical Strike guns. They only come in small size, meaning that you can pretty much mount them on any type of a ship. Cruising in on a decked out Battleship is fine, but unnecessary and isn't gonna change the effects.

Also, some extra reading material:
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE-DUST_514_Link_FAQ#How_do_I_shoot_planets.21.3F

plainlake

Jan 20, 2010
of dirty multiplayer fps console peasants squabbling over capture points while the PC master race spreadsheet elites watch over the spectacle and occasionally bomb the crap out of someone sounds intriguing. But I dont feel worthy to play eve, and I am not getting a PS3, so I guess I will just have to hear about it.

SeeknDestroy1318

Mar 3, 2013
Placed a message to one of you.

But it may be prudent to create a password protected Public Chat channel in addition to the corp. This way players like me who can't join your corp given our director roles and duties can still participate alongside in another way. The channel can be controlled EVE side if you have any EVE toons, or you can simply set to invite only and invite authorized players, in the similar manner in which you are processing corp apps.

Thanks.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Well now. Working with slash competing against staff writers in a game I'm actually somewhat decent at? Color me intrigued enough to forget the fact I'm still equipped with scrub gear for the most part.

...I...am not very good.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Be warned, I tried playing this game for the first time a few days ago and I sucked in all manner of ways.

At least I'll contribute meat to the grinder!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I don't have a PS3. I'd join you if I could, but I can't. So I'll just say good luck.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
erttheking said:
I don't have a PS3. I'd join you if I could, but I can't. So I'll just say good luck.
Thanks! Feel free to come join us non-players in some chat room shenanigans if you have the time :)

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
I'm online now, how do I join the escapist team, I'm part of the escapist corporation... at least I think I am