Join the Satellite of Love With Classic Mystery Science Theater 3000 Episodes

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Join the Satellite of Love With Classic Mystery Science Theater 3000 Episodes

[vimeo=106403554?utm_source=defy_embed&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=defy&byline=0&portrait=0&title=0]Over 80 Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes are available online, including never-before-uploaded classics like Jungle Goddess and The Screaming Skull.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is a classic TV series <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2760-Mystery-Science-Theater-3000>needing very little introduction: Three characters watch terrible movies and find creative ways to mock them for the entire runtime. Its cast and creators went on to create similar projects like RiffTrax and Cinematic Titanic, but for many, MST3K is the gold standard for professional movie riffing. That makes it all the more disappointing that licensing agreements prevent many of the 197 episodes from being distributed. Thankfully, a significant portion are now online, including 83 episodes available through a Vimeo promotion.

Each of these classic MST3K episodes can be rented for $3 or purchased outright for $10. Completionists also have the option of buying the entire 83-part set for $300, which includes any new episodes added until Sept. 15, 2015. Even better, three never-before-seen-online MST3K films made this list: Jungle Goddess, The Painted Hills, and The Screaming Skull.

Whether you're a long-time MST3K fan, or just curious what all the fuss was about, it's a pretty sweet deal all things considered. So what are you waiting for? Push the button, Frank.

Source: <a href=https://vimeo.com/ondemand/mst3k/106403554>Vimeo

tce11

Turtle Who Lives in the Clouds
Apr 17, 2008
Wow, I wish I had $300 to drop on that. There's a few good episodes on Netflix right now, so anyone who's curious could check those out.

I guess I'll maybe just have to pick and choose a few of my favourites.

Sep 24, 2008
Honestly, just seeing the picture made me tear up slightly. So much of my childhood. When I had bullying, being ignored by teachers, and feeling like a disappointment to my family... I had one man, three puppets, and laughter that made everything feel alright. And the more important lesson not to take everything so seriously.

Could never repay the debt I owe you, Best Brains. When I get the chance, I'll pick these up.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
All thanks to people who kept circulating the tapes. Thanks, guys! You're awesome!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
"Unfortunately, this title is unavailable in your region."

Great way to turn away a buyer who is just going to keep watching MST3K on youtube then.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
It's not like it's all available elsewhere *cough*youtube*cough* or anything. But I have all the DVD sets except the last few anyway.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Oh yes! YES! I think Vimeo are gonna be getting a fair wedge of cash from me in the near future. This is long overdue!

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
ritchards said:
It's not like it's all available elsewhere *cough*youtube*cough* or anything. But I have all the DVD sets except the last few anyway.
Weaver said:
"Unfortunately, this title is unavailable in your region."

Great way to turn away a buyer who is just going to keep watching MST3K on youtube then.
I wonder though if alot of those vids will be pulled down now.

catalyst8

Oct 29, 2008
All 83 episodes for only £160? I think that's an absolute bargain & shall be reaching for my credit card right about... now.

EDIT: Or not. Only available in US America & Puerto Rico, folks!
How disappointing.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Darks63 said:
Not by the crew themselves, if anyone at all. YEARS of saying 'Circulate the tapes', eventually finding them on Youtube, ought to be enough indicator that they are allowed to be there, for sharing with all mankind and all that crap...at least until Mike destroys the planet (again).

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
Darks63 said:
Doubtful. There are years old uploads on entire seasons up that have been left untouched. Same goes for the ustream channel that has been running MST3K episodes 24/7 four at least the three years I've known about it.