JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle Caters to Casuals

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle Caters to Casuals

Never got into JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? Now's your chance.

While absolutely huge in Japan, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure doesn't really have much of a presence in the West. Most westerner's exposure to the series comes via Capcom's excellent 2D fighter of the same name (or the delightfully stupid meme [http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/za-warudowryyyyy] it spawned). The game was a cult hit with competitive fighter fans, and it still has a sizable community nearly 15 years after its initial release. When fans asked CyberConnect2 president, Hiroshi Matsuyama, if the upcoming JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle would cater to the competitive fighting game community, he implied the game was designed with the casual gamer in mind.

"[He] actually prefers JoJo to become a game that casual users can pick up and play," came Masuyama's response via a translator, "because if you appeal to the 'maniac' users too much, it becomes too niche, and the people who can play this game become very limited."

CyberConnect2 is known mostly for its series of Naruto-themed casual fighters, the .hack series and the recent Asura's Wrath. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is a PS3-exclusive 3D fighter set to coincide with the launch of a new anime adaptation of the series. It isn't clear if the game will make its way to the West, but the recent release of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD on XBLA and PSN,as well as a few trademarks submitted by Namco Bandai [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/15/namco-trademark-points-to-us-release-for-jojos-bizarre-adventur/], indicate a North American release may be on the cards.

First North America, then ZA WARUDO.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/25/jojos-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle-director-aiming-for-ca/]

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Apologies to any hardcore competitive fighting fans but I've got to get my brand out there to the casual gamers, no hard feelings eh?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Nice touch there at the end Grey. No one should ever forget that weirdness.

Related video:

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Sober Thal said:
STOP THE PRESSES!!!

A shit manga has gotten shit response in my country...

NEWS FLASH: Shit is still Shit!

DIO IS AN EPIC FAILURE AND A C**T!!!

Now go and do something productive with your life.
Yeah, like not posting in the first place if you dont have anything constructive to say. Just saying.

IronSuplex

Apr 13, 2012
Woot, love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Really liked the short ova, though I've still to read the manga.
Anyways, though I dont own a PS3 it'd still be awesome to have the presence of ZA WARUDO! in the west.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Sober Thal said:
DioWallachia said:
Sober Thal said:
STOP THE PRESSES!!!

A shit manga has gotten shit response in my country...

NEWS FLASH: Shit is still Shit!

DIO IS AN EPIC FAILURE AND A C**T!!!

Now go and do something productive with your life.
Yeah, like not posting in the first place if you dont have anything constructive to say. Just saying.
Sorry, but JOJO was shit (as far as I was concerned) after the first generation. It lagged along worse than Bleach or Naruto. Dio was eventually made to be a fucking tard in the manga, and so was the original cool ideas that the beginning of the series lost.

How anyone could like the series after the first generation is beyond me.

Sorry I pissed on your lovejoy.
Technically, Jojo was using the Hokuto No Ken formula but with MOAR flamboyant poses and vampires. Since those 2 were the first shonen manga ever, i think we cant really blame them if the children that plague today's manga world (Bleach and Naruto) actually make this old series look outdated by association (I think the trope i am looking for is "Seinfield Is Unfunny")

As for the series no longer using The Hamon after Part 3, it would have stagnated if they still used the HNK inspired martial art after that.

And on Dio, i am not sure why would he be a tard considering that even after his defeat, his influence on the world still affects the Jojo's thanks to his conections and manipulations. And in Part 6, he WON in the long run.........sort off.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
As long as I can still do this.

I really hope this does get a western release. I've finally gotten around to reading the entire series (and fucking hell is it taking a while), so I'd love to see the characters outside of Stardust Crusaders fully animated.
Though I guess the Vento Aureo game on PS2 counted. Sort of.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
TizzytheTormentor said:
Wow, looks awesome...

Is the manga worth getting into? I have had my eye on it for sometime now...
It's as gay as a box of ferrets, has abysmally bad writing and terrible art.

It's fucking awesome.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
People play JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for a reason other than to have fun, and watch the most badass people ever conceived beating the crap out of each other, using manifestations of their psyche/PERSONA!/soul? Seriously? There are people complaining that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure isn't hardcore enough of a fighting game?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Wow, looks awesome...

Is the manga worth getting into? I have had my eye on it for sometime now...
Yep, it's really good. Although you'll have to get used to "flamboyance".

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
You hear that?

Its the sound of everyone on SRK and Dustloop crying over this news as it means that *gasp* newcomers will be able to play a fighting game.

If this is true then I might have to get this if it comes over here(which theres a chance it won't cause Namco Bandai loves doing the herp a derp dance).