Jolt - I never do movies

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Jolt is a movie that popped up on my Amazon Prime list and caught my eye because i am a sucker for Kate Beckinsale. Underworld would be one of my favorite film series ever despite it being terrible.

Anyway Jolt stars Kate as a girl with a cortisol problem that makes her exceptionally violent when angered and very easily angered. Here therapist provides her with a treatment that allows her to electronically shock herself when she feels the rage coming on and stop her out bursts.

With new jolter in hand she tries her hand at finally having a normal life. Starting with going on a date with a guy, which goes ok except she beats the waitress almost to death. The second date goes much better. She finds herself untempted by the jolter when she is with this new guy and finally feels at peace.

Of course it doesnt last long because her new man is killed the next day. Turns out he was working for shady people and lets just say Kate doesnt have much use for the jolter for the rest of the film.

The dialog here is great, the sexual innuendos are funny, the characters are damn good, and all in all this was the most impressive movie and yet another example of a female led badass movie where she gets to beat the shit out of bad people and it doesnt take itself too seriously.

5/5 stars watch it if you got Prime.