JonTron takes a hiatus from GameGrumps

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Mmm I watched the earlier episodes but yeah kinda stopped watching. The show kinda went over its top and eh. Yeah you know.. just mmm

Grazers move on as they say. So he is going to do something else okay awesome. We shall see!

KingWein22

Jun 4, 2010
IllumInaTIma said:
Saltyk said:
Though, who is the girl with them? I know Arin, and I'm pretty sure the guy is Barry, who edits the show, but I don't think I've ever heard mention of a girl that supports the show in any way.
That's Suzie, Arin's fiancee. I don't know how she supports the show, but she was referenced in some episodes as "Suzie the goose"
She has a Q and A session about her role in Game Grumps, actually on her YouTube channel [http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaXZUkje800EISlsWkOFXQQ]. I think she said she is their secretary or something like that...

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
It's like daddy just divorced mommy, and while the new boyfriend is a cool guy, I still wish daddy would visit on Sundays.

I'm happy that Jon's working on his own stuff now (or at least I hope he is) and hopefully Dan can spice GG up again.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Skops said:
ubersyanyde said:
Incase you guys didn't see these posts on /v/, the reason for their splitting up may have been to do with this:

I'm not claiming this is legit or anything but it's a possible explanation.
"Nicole was snickering about Ego's Fiance, Ego slapped her, Jon left, as did his girlfriend. That's it, they're no longer friends."

....WUT...

I know you're not claiming this is true, and in a way I'm glad you found this. But that sounds like complete horseshit.
Agreed. There's no way on Heaven, Hell, or Earth that this is true. What's more likely happening is that Jon is moving to New York with his Girlfriend. [http://i.imgur.com/gYJjPl0.png] That's what I believe anyways...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Mr.Mattress said:
Skops said:
ubersyanyde said:
image snip
"Nicole was snickering about Ego's Fiance, Ego slapped her, Jon left, as did his girlfriend. That's it, they're no longer friends."

....WUT...

I know you're not claiming this is true, and in a way I'm glad you found this. But that sounds like complete horseshit.
Agreed. There's no way on Heaven, Hell, or Earth that this is true.
Why not?
We've all seen some of Arin's individual stuff, and I'm assuming everyone who cares about this has seen some GameGrumps as well, but none of us really know him. Internet personalities sometimes have a lot of issues that they keep separate from their content, so maybe if a situation like the one describe were to come out, who's to say this isn't how he'd react?

Not saying that it happened one way or another, and people outside of their friends will probably never know the specifics, but I don't see why this couldn't have happened.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
ubersyanyde said:
Incase you guys didn't see these posts on /v/, the reason for their splitting up may have been to do with this:

I'm not claiming this is legit or anything but it's a possible explanation.
It has been confirmed not legit, Matt Smirnoff has said on his youtube discussion page that he hasn't been in contact with Jon since 2010 due to him not being credied for working on the early JonTron episodes.

OT: I think this is a good thing really, the new guy seems less bombastic and more into playing the games instead of just talking over them. Also no more of Jon's singing thank christ. Steam Train is horrible though and should be on a seperate channel.

I am actually really looking forward to seeing if the new guy maintains the same level of quality as he showed in the Punch Out LP, if so we could have another Goof Troop on our hands.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Whilst the rapport between Jon and Ego will be missed, having seen the first Punch Out and Super Mario videos I have to say the new guy is really warming himself up to me pretty quickly and to be perfectly honest seems to do a much better job of cracking wise and simultaneously maintaining focus on the game. So for the time being I'll still be tuning in and there's still shitloads of the old Grumps episodes I haven't tried yet in the mean time anyhow. As for Steam Train, I saw the first couple of minutes or so of the Hotline Miami vid before closing it. Might sound a little harsh/rash but that voice he kept doing was seriously getting on my tits.

MCHG

Jul 2, 2013
I stopped watching them a long time ago. They made too many videos, never finished any of the games and most of their commentary was just them giggling back and forth for 10 minutes. It's a shame because their older stuff like Goof Troop was amazing.

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Eh, GameGrumps had a good run. I wonder if he is doing this because he wanted to go back to spending more time on JonTron videos. Or because people were like "JON WHERE'S MY JONTRON VIDEOS IN NEED MY JONTRON VIDEOS GET IN THERE AND MAEK MY JONTRON VIDEOS WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS GET IN THERE."

While it would probably be good for GameGrumps fans if he returns eventually from his hiatus. I'm sure making JonTron videos again will be a good way to shake things up. And good for him, the GameGrumps thing must have done a lot of publicity for his original channel. I think that a lot of people had never heard of JonTron before GameGrumps.

Now we've got another sarcastic gamer on the internet making off colour humor reviews about video games already. I mean... it's not like..
Final Fantasy XIII

So funny!

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
I kind of like the replacement better.

Jon yells way too much and Dan seems to have "cleverer" patter.

They need to redo the intro though. Dan and Arin don't quite have the "vocal harmony" with the current intro.

fieryhotaru

Jan 3, 2010
Okay, so it's been a few months now, but I'm still not happy about Jon leaving. And I still cannot find a reason why Jon would ever leave the show in the first place, especially that quickly. The GG channel is doing better than ever (much to my dismay since Danny and Arin do not have the same chemistry that Arin and Jon had) And they're all acting happy and carefree, making new shows starring Ross, Suzy and Barry. They're pretending like Jon never existed. It looks like he wasn't even at Ego's wedding. What happened? He moved all the way across the country with his girlfriend in record time for what? To make 3 JonTron episodes in 6 months? I'm not buying it. I want an answer, dammit.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
I remember hearing at some point he just didn't enjoy it anymore. Game Grumps was on paper started as a Let's Play while reviewing games like sequalitis, but quickly became something else.

I agree that Game Grumps isn't same since Jon left. I think the only times I've watched since were the Castlevania IV, Dracula X, and Mario game playthroughs.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
From the older vids I watched, it sounded like Erin and Jon didn't really get along that well.
Maybe they did in the beginning of the series but later on I easily detect all sorts of passive aggressive banter.
(Trust me, I'm all too familiar with this given my dysfunctional friendships)

Overall, I wouldn't be shocked if Jon left because he wasn't enjoying himself anymore.

Dan is hilarious though and I've enjoyed the show more since he came aboard.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I've actually been seeing some older Game Grumps vids with Arin and Jon, and to be honest, I miss their banter and overall hilarity that they shared. Granted, Danny brings something new and different to the table, but it's not the same as with Jon.

For whatever reason, I'm glad that Jon and Arin are moving on while still doing what they do best. Will we ever see the Original Grumps together again? Only time will tell and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

fieryhotaru

Jan 3, 2010
piinyouri said:
From the older vids I watched, it sounded like Erin and Jon didn't really get along that well.
Maybe they did in the beginning of the series but later on I easily detect all sorts of passive aggressive banter.
(Trust me, I'm all too familiar with this given my dysfunctional friendships)

Overall, I wouldn't be shocked if Jon left because he wasn't enjoying himself anymore.

Dan is hilarious though and I've enjoyed the show more since he came aboard.
Well, the show is called Game Grumps, so they should be a little angry with the games as well as each other, so Arin and Jon had that brotherly-type relationship that goes perfectly with the show's original intention. Brothers don't always get along, but come through in the end and that's what they brought.

Meanwhile, Danny and Arin's relationship is too happy. They get along too well and are always laughing instead of grumping. Danny has more of a grumping attitude with Ross, but I think Danny brings Ross down a little too much to the point of actual bullying. Jon and Arin had little fights but you could tell that they were faking it and still friends, even in the later episodes.

Please, won't somebody agree with me? Everyone's always saying "Danny's better, everybody's happier", but that's not the point of Game Grumps. I'm not trying to be mean, I just feel outnumbered in the corner over here.