Journalist Tells Industry To Grow Up

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
I have to say that there are exceptions to these points...

But then I'm reminded of how the Game industry has perfected "boob physics," And I find myself in agreement with what she says.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
Littaly said:
I was going to say "take the stick out of your hole" but in a way she's got a point.

Games are shaped from who play them though. If the target audience remains the same then I don't think games are going to change. But really, pointing at onechambera is hitting below the belt.
She didn't mention it but, honestly, Oneechanbara is pretty much an excellent illustration of what she is talking about.

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
Yes, well there is that, but unfortunately the gaming industry is too much like the Animé industry; things like <a href=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Fanservice>Fanservice and <a href=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TokenLoli>token lolis aren't going to go away while there is money to be made out of it (or at least perceived money).

Perhaps the problem isn't with the people making the games but in the lack of development to divide different parts of the industry. I don't find most "mature" rated content to be necessary to the gaming experience, and it seems to me that there is a rather large part of the film industry devoted to similar kind action heroes to the ones in Video games, and it seems that they get away with it easier. So what makes games easier to criticise?

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
No no no. Due to the interactive nature of games, there's a whole other world of fun to be had. It doesn't compare to watching a film because when you're watching a film you're being told a story that will progress with or without you. With games, you're needed.
The point I'm trying desperately to get to here is that all that 'intellectual growth' bullshit can be had elsewhere if that is solely want you want. Our medium can cover anything, and that needs to be accepted.