"Journalist" Who Wrote Fake GTA Story Ridicules Gamers

Lordpils

Aug 3, 2009
Tomtitan said:
He stacked exclamation marks...

That's not even grammatically correct...

This man is paid to write articles for a national newspaper and doesn't even know a basic rule of grammar...

This man makes me ashamed to call myself British... nay, to call myself human.
I don't remember who I heard come up with this theory, but I once heard you can tell how insane someone is by the amount of explanation points they use to end a sentence.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
shadow741 said:
More than 225 people think you're a dick, asshole, etc. I have one question. Are you proud of yourself?
He works for the Daily Star, of course that would make him proud. Yeah the Daily Star is probably the least reliable newspaper I can think of off the top of my head, I'm not sure they even check their facts.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Ah you've got to love the death throes of a dying business model, thrashing violently at a rapidly growing business model.

"We're still relevant! We're still relevant!"

That said, his bosses must be pleased. They've probably doubled traffic lately because of that story.

Rosen2012

Mar 10, 2010
The Daily Star has an apology article up today- no word on if they did anything about their "journalist" who reported it.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/145880/Rockstar-Games-Grand-Theft-Auto-An-apology/

AcidLillies

Jan 29, 2010
This is the Daily Star. The Daily Star. Don't bother.

I could compare the Daily Star to Sarah Palin on crack with a hint of ecstacy laced tequila.

Do feel free to go to: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sunday/ and wonder why.

Sheppard

Apr 9, 2008
I personally think Rockstar should genetically engineer Niko Bellic, just so he can kick his ass.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
Hmmmm as a non-lawyer I can see:

Sued by Rockstar.

Sued collectively or even individually by all people associated with the gunman. (Gunmans family, victims and family of victims, especially the people he extracted heartfelt comments from, for anguish/distress or whatever the term is)

Penalised by media watchdogs for publishing lies.

Any more thoughts from the more legally savvy escapists?

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"Journalist" Who Wrote Fake GTA Story Ridicules Gamers

"Baffled by the fury of adult gamers," he wrote. "These are grown (?!?) men who sit around all day playing computer games with one another who've today chosen to enter the real world just long enough to complain about my story slamming a Raoul Moat version of Grand Theft Auto!"

Well you are a grown man who sits around writting bullshit stories on the futile subject matter of game violence. Also I notice the "All day" part and that is something that is definitly a stereotype of the "nerd" and not a fact that applies to all gamers, just saying.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
Ok, you may think of me as a horrible person for saying this, but I would TOTALLY play a PS2 styled GTA game centered around a real-life serial killer. If Rockstar made GTA: Manson, or GTA: SotL (that's Silence of the Lambs for all you unable to acronym) and got to play as either a gun-toting cannibal or cross-dressing kidnapper, than yeah. I'd pay hand over fist for the opportunity.

OT: That "journalist" should be laid off in the worst way. Not for his slander piece-that's his job-but for not doing proper research to back up his batshit article and defending it un-ironically.

Jamiemitsu

Oct 25, 2009
...Wow, what a total prick... Makes a tasteless joke, calls it journalism, gets called out, laughs it off and acts like hes a big man even though hes insulted not only people who play games, but also a large game Dev' company. Well done, sir. End rant.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Who the hell buys these trashy mags anyways? Have people still not discovered the internet, or...? Seriously, when was the last time anyone bought a magazine? I think my last mag was like 9 years ago.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
WorkerMurphey said:
Print journalism is a dying medium as it is, I think we could spare the writing efforts of this jerk.
he interviewed one of the victims relatives that's more than just making up a story that makes him a f***ing dick.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
I'm hoping I don't get dinged with probation for this, but I want to share my feelings about Mr. Lawton here.

Hey Jerry, you're a ****. Learn how to do your job with dignity and tact. Just because you work for a slanderous noise rag doesn't mean you also have to be a worthless piece of shit like your employer. Pick yourself up, go back to journalism school, and figure out how to report the news like a respectable person. You deserve a kick to the head for bothering that old woman, just for the sake of spreading lies.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
montycantsin said:
You've got to admit he's got a point.
Especially when you think about the crowd who spend the time between Neighbours and Stenders sitting in their bedrooms glued to a console doing battle with dragons in dungeons, while their mothers call out 'your tea's on the table' or the ones who fully believe they're a space war hero fighting the Intergalactic Laxative of Evilness or whatever.

Most of them need to get a real life, not a pretend one. A good place to start would be to stop taking themselves so seriously.
Otherwise, they might end up blowing the top of their heads off with a shotgun (note : a REAL shotgun) while the police (note : REAL police) fire tazers into their arse as some halfwit tries to talk them round with a KFC bargain bucket, a can of Stella and an invitation to do a spot of fishing.
Oh you mean that vast minority of people who do get addicted to games. You are right we should all be forced to pay because of them. Forget everything associated with their problem lets just scapegoat games and be done with it. Afterall it doesn't have anything to do with them. Oh no it was games that made them that way.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
And...this man is clearly what is known as an "douche", children.
^that
except in giant bold letters made of gold

but seriously, this guy gets paid to do what exactly??

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
LawlessSquirrel said:
Must resist urge to deconstruct and critique those quotes...
So much ignorance!
please do, hahaha... actually no don't bother wasting your time with this rubbish