"Journalist" Who Wrote Fake GTA Story Ridicules Gamers

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
Delusibeta said:
Pretty sure this whole thing's falls foul of the Press Complaints Commission's Code of Practice [http://www.pcc.org.uk/cop/practice.html]. Especially part 5i
In cases involving personal grief or shock, enquiries and approaches must be made with sympathy and discretion and publication handled sensitively. This should not restrict the right to report legal proceedings, such as inquests.
Someone file a complaint.
It very well might breach the PCC's code of practice. But they won't do anything about it. PCC is a toothless regulatory body happy to brag about what it does. When in fact it does hardly anything.

Cyrax987

Aug 3, 2009
What a complete immature grown man. You shouldn't be talking if your said response to immature adult gamers is equally if not more immature and childish then their response.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
Any word on 4chan striking out against this douche?
I think they're aware and planning, but couldn't read through all the crap to get anything good out of the threads.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I'm baffled by this reporter. This is a grown (?!?) man sitting around not doing research at all and then basing entire reports on a fake image. What kind of person would dedicate all of their time to writing an entire article about something that doesn't even exist because he doesn't know what a photoshop is.

It's funny how he still didn't admit that his story was completely made up. He's still in the right in his mind.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
He complains about gamers being immature for playing these games, yet here he is whining and throwing a tantrum, even to the point where he begins to go into denial and has a little pretend victory after having an imaginary fight with himself. I remember when I used to do that, but my mom would just strap me back into my stroller until I nodded off for a nap.

Feb 13, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
I'm baffled by this reporter. This is a grown (?!?) man sitting around not doing research at all and then basing entire reports on a fake image.
It's worse than that.

If we accept his story as partially true, then he interviewed one of the victim's of Raoul Moat and showed her the mock-up.

So it's either libel or harassment - just on one of the victims.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
On one hand I can see his point. If we have any energy to spare for fighting defamation after playing games then we should try to find a more worthy target to defend than bloody games publishing corporations.

On the other hand he is tabloid scum who has been caught making up sensationalist stories out of whole whole cloth and now he is taking the moral high ground. Why is print news dying again?

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Reading this makes me angry, but I'm not really surprised. Journalism in most papers is just a bunch of made up or blown out of proportion bullshit.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Damn. I thought journalism was a competitive and elitist trade, where only the most socially intelligent and dedicated could make it.

He sure broke that particular glass ceiling.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
To give the americans an idea as to our journalistic integrity over the pond...

Many, MANY stories from papers slightly more reputable than the Daily Star (Daily Mail, for example) simply steal stories from even MORE slightly reputable papers, or base their 'research' on what rumours are floating around...get ready for it...Twitter

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
This is how the Star draws attention, because it's pretty much worthless. The guy wanted to draw attention to the rag he works for, and succeeded. He is essentially a monkey flinging poo, only less intelligent and dignified.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Delusibeta said:
Pretty sure this whole thing's falls foul of the Press Complaints Commission's Code of Practice [http://www.pcc.org.uk/cop/practice.html]. Especially part 5i
In cases involving personal grief or shock, enquiries and approaches must be made with sympathy and discretion and publication handled sensitively. This should not restrict the right to report legal proceedings, such as inquests.
Someone file a complaint.
Would be up to the probably clueless grandmother to do so.