"Journalist" Who Wrote Fake GTA Story Ridicules Gamers

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Not. Cool.

Shit journalism, shit journalist.

Angers me though, really does. He shouldn't make up stories that involve real murderers/victims. But it's trashy UK journalism, I shouldn't be suprised -JB

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
I lol'd. To think this guy is accusing anyone of functioning outside of the real world...and still simultaneously claiming to be a "real" journalist while working for the 'Daily Star'.

Aww, does the tabloid leech suddenly fancy himself the next Edward R. Murrow?

havoc_91

Jun 17, 2010
there is only one thing that can describe this moronic story and it's writer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ge4_0jF2nc

OrpheumZero

Feb 25, 2010
So wait... People are mad people he faked a game? Or that it was about a murdered not many people are familiar with? Or did he try to make some smart ass bullshit about the "connection between violent games and real life killing"?

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a certain minimal level of integrity in its reporting, even if only to the point of not passing off outright lies as real news and then making fun of people who call them on it. Is that really so baffling, Jerry?
^ That.

I hadn't read the article before, but that quote sums it up.

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
I love how he automatically assumes just because someone's an adult gamer means that they play video-games all day. That's like saying that just because he writes for the Daily Star that means that he spends all time writing crappy articles, although the latter's probably true.

ZydrateDealer

Nov 17, 2009
punkrocker27 said:
ZydrateDealer said:
snip snap doop dap
This is what's called missing the point people. It's how mistakes like the one this so-called journalist made happen.
Ok then the point is quite simply that you shouldn't worry what the Daily Star prints ever because nobody pays attention to it; and you should never boast to have more serial killers than another country because it's not a good thing.

However missing the point isn't what caused him to 'make a mistake' it's that he didn't do his research and thus he printed nothing but lies; but this is the Daily Star we're talking about so I'd expect nothing less than absolute fiction/toilet paper.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
The guy is a hack, clearly, though to be fair, I've met more than my share of "passionate" gamers online, so I imagine that at least a few of the reactions he received were well beyond inappropriate. Especially if they were virtual.

Still, his rep is tarnished and hopefully not just within the gaming community, but elsewhere as well.

punkrocker27

Mar 24, 2009
ZydrateDealer said:
once again
Trust me you don't have to worry about me ever reading the daily star, or anyone else for that matter. But I see you're still missing the point about the serial killer thing. I'm pretty sure he was making a criticism of the media in your country. Of course it's not a good thing to have more serial killers. How the media portrays them is a different thing though. Also, I think the author of the article about the fake gta game did miss the point because he got his inspiration from a picture on the internet that was meant to be a joke. Or maybe he did know and still published the article. whatever

ZydrateDealer

Nov 17, 2009
punkrocker27 said:
Well the media of my country portrays them as a very bad thing so why is he criticizing that, yes they were shocked because gun crime is not a common thing here and Moat isn't really a serial killer though ue did plan to be, also there was no point the author of the article is a dipshit who calls himself a journalist...easist way to resolve this; I agree with you whatever, it's a pointless issue to worry about anyway.