Journey of Jesus Punches Out Diablo

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
weirdguy said:
Azuaron said:
"Interestingly, also launching today: Diablo 3, the newest installment of a game series built around battles with demonic creatures, which debuted in 1996 with the tagline, 'All Hell breaks loose'," the studio said in a press release.

"Both games immerse the player, and you are what you eat," Lightside CEO Brent Dusing added. I can't even begin to guess what that's supposed to mean.
I'm a little confused... so, in Diablo, you fight demons, eventually descending to Hell and fighting Diablo himself to save the world.

Dusing seems to be trying to imply that playing Diablo will make you a Satanist or something. But if you take his statement, "you are what you eat," to its logical metaphoric conclusion (the role you take in games becomes the role you take in life), everyone who plays Diablo III will become a crusader against (legitimate!) evil.
Then, in a staggering and beautiful display of logic, the ad depicts Jesus himself triumphant after beating the Devil with violence as an example of what you are and aren't supposed to do. It's pretty much what God would have wanted.
What class do you think Jesus would go with in Diablo III? I mean, the obvious answer is Monk, but I think he might prefer Witch Doctor, what with the minions. Go forth, my spidery disciples, and cleanse this cathedral of evil!

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Jegsimmons said:
wow, a little flash facebook game in good fun in one thread not hurting anyone.....and people are hostile and insulting as usual.

keep it classy escapist.

This statement would be really funny... if my friend hadn't been allowed to play Diablo 2 until he was 18 because his mom thought it was converting him to Satanism. She also said that about anime, and Criss Angel.

SHE MADE HIM RIP A MAGIC THE GATHERING CARD IN HALF TO PROVE A SOUL WAS NOT TRAPPED INSIDE.

Also it's blatant propaganda, since the last Christian game didn't go over so well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind:_Eternal_Forces

But no, everyone else is obviously the bad guy.
boohoo boo hoo, 'my friends mom didnt let him play a game because she thought it may have had a bad influence on him, you know, BEING A FRIGGIN PARENT!"

seriously, when its just violence people claim 'its the parent responsibility to control what game their kids play'
but when one does, shes being overly religious because the kid cant make an argument to explain to his mom how the game has nothing to do with ritual satanism.

Urameshi13

Jan 18, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
Journey of Jesus Punches Out Diablo

And while Journey of Jesus won't actually feature the Son of God punching the stupid out of the Lord of Terror..."
That's too bad, because I'd buy the hell outta that game.

No pun intended.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
My idea is a Mortal Kombat-like fighting game with religious figures. Would definitely include mohammed since the controversy alone would keep me in the press for weeks.

Atheism would be christopher hitchens or something like that.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
sadly the actual game is only about stalking jesus as he does things tacked to a panhandler, disappointing really