Judge Dredd Fan Film Might Hit Every Mark Stallone Missed

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Now this does look intresting, and i do like the concept. This is what I like about Indie films, they always think so much more about the idea behind the fim, rather than just the Special Effects

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Alright, I'm gonna be honest here: I know nothing of the Judge Dredd-related universe. I've heard the guy's name before. That's the absolute boundary of my knowledge.

That being said... Judge Minty? Seriously?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I like to think of Judge Dredd with Sly as being a foundation where things can only get better.
This fan film seems set to prove that.
Sentox6 said:
Alright, I'm gonna be honest here: I know nothing of the Judge Dredd-related universe. I've heard the guy's name before. That's the absolute boundary of my knowledge.

He delivers justice to the unlawful, and leaves them with fresh breath.

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
Movie better fucking have I am the Law By Anthrax

RESPECT THE BADGE
HE EARNED WITH HIS BLOOD
FEAR THE GUN
YOUR SENTENCE MAY BE DEATH BECAUSE
I AM THE LAW
YOU WON'T FUCK AROUND NO MORE

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
"YOU DISOBEYED THE LAAAW!!"
"LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW!!!!!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Well, it looks pretty good, but Judge Minty? Wha?

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Interesting. Always am interested in such projects that are done without much financial backing, yet as professionally as they can be. :)

That said...because I am UNBELIEVABLY immature...here's the Judge Dredd blowdance!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=732Spw0hGrU

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
samsonguy920 said:
I like to think of Judge Dredd with Sly as being a foundation where things can only get better.
This fan film seems set to prove that.
Sentox6 said:

He delivers justice to the unlawful, and leaves them with fresh breath.
Yeah, I can't help but think they'd have been better just making up a judge from scratch and giving him a name that didn't sound like a gum ad. I just can't see anyone who's not deeply into JD taking a movie called Judge Minty seriously. Apart from the name, it looks great tho, and Hollywood needs to start seeing these people with genuine love for a character and throwing some cash to them instead of another sequel. I'm thinking of the MK reboot too!

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
That looks really, really good for a fan film. As for Judge Minty, well I remember reading the story in 2000AD back when I was a youngster! Good memories. As long as they keep the pitch black feel that permiates all Dredd related stories, they should be on to a winner.

Rebellion, take notes on how to do the new Dredd film properly. Before its too late!

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
ShadowsofHope said:
..Who, now?
Read :). Its very much worth it if you love dystopian sci fi futures, with black humour running through every part of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Batsamaritan said:
ok... as a brit who grew up reading Dredd, the stallone movie was a perversion of the books character and screwed with everything good about the books. If not for dredd and 2000ad the comic he featured in american comics might not have had alan moore, garth ennis, mark millar, neil gaiman.... seriously try picking some up its well worth reading.
I've been trying and I've found a collection of hard-back omnibus' at my not-so-local comic shop. They have all the Case Files except for number one... It's always number one...

OT: This looks excellent! Really can't wait to see this.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
This will be the future of movies, made by fans for fans instead of hollywood hiring Rtards like Bay to ruin franchises for the fans

Electric Gel

Mar 26, 2009
As a lifelong 2000 ad reader this makes me smile. Dredd and his universe are one of the smartest, most gruesome things to have ever been put down on paper, and that it constantly gets associated with the Stallone film by American readers is absolutely wrong. Hopefully the new film, and this fan piece, will set the record straight. I've been following this film for awhile now and a lot of love from genuine fans has gone into it, and my hats off to them.

AnAngryMoose said:
Batsamaritan said:
ok... as a brit who grew up reading Dredd, the stallone movie was a perversion of the books character and screwed with everything good about the books. If not for dredd and 2000ad the comic he featured in american comics might not have had alan moore, garth ennis, mark millar, neil gaiman.... seriously try picking some up its well worth reading.
I've been trying and I've found a collection of hard-back omnibus' at my not-so-local comic shop. They have all the Case Files except for number one... It's always number one...

I wouldn't worry about it, the very first casefiles is not a good introduction. The stories really struggle to find their feet. If I were you I'd start out with casefiles 2 or 3, when the material starts to get better, or even better read the story "America." I'm not sure if it's available outside of the UK, but it really is a fantastic piece of work and eases you into the universe, requiring little to no knowledge of past events or back-story.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Electric Gel said:
As a lifelong 2000 ad reader this makes me smile. Dredd and his universe are one of the smartest, most gruesome things to have ever been put down on paper, and that it constantly gets associated with the Stallone film by American readers is absolutely wrong. Hopefully the new film, and this fan piece, will set the record straight. I've been following this film for awhile now and a lot of love from genuine fans has gone into it, and my hats off to them.

AnAngryMoose said:
Batsamaritan said:

I wouldn't worry about it, the very first casefiles is not a good introduction. The stories really struggle to find their feet. If I were you I'd start out with casefiles 2 or 3, when the material starts to get better, or even better read the story "America." I'm not sure if it's available outside of the UK, but it really is a fantastic piece of work and eases you into the universe, requiring little to no knowledge of past events or back-story.
Will do! Really want to get into Judge Dredd. My only interaction with the series is the PS2 game and the Judge Dredd shirt I'm currently wearing.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
The movie got me into the comics, which I've been reading on and off ever since. I really got into things when I picked up the Necropolis TPBs