Judging By The Cover: Judging Elder Scrolls

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
I had to stop at the prayer... brilliant! But why didn't you translate the dog turd correctly?

And I admit, I think I have never seen the ES1 cover! Great finish! But that wasn't your part, but the games :)

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Reviewing the vanilla covers doesn't give The Elder Scrolls enough credit. You need the "officially unofficial cover texture UI patch" to get the full experience out of the picture on the front of the box. Anything else is just too immersion breaking.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
funniest JbTC in a while, although I might just be comparing it to the previous one and almost forgetting that the series in general is hilarious

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Huzzah, sir! Brilliant analysis of the series as a whole. I laughed the hardest at that Morrowind prayer when it got to "Riddler Trophy", and finally seeing the covers to Arena and Daggerfall. I don't think I've heard of the series until the 3rd one. It's like some game developers who have been around a long time are embarrassed now about how unapologetically immature they used to be.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Wow, I've seen any of the covers before Oblivion.

The reveal on daggerfall still has me laughing.

I sometimes get nostalgic for the way game boxes used to be, with their bits of story and artful covers. Sometimes that is exactly the wrong feeling to have.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
But who could forget pterodactyl-woman holding a croissant?
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/0/06/Battlespire.png/revision/latest?cb=20120123015926
Or overly elaborate pommel accompanied by the edgiest of serif fonts?
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110618035751/elderscrolls/images/9/96/Redguard_cover_art.jpg

Yahtzee, you simply have not embarrassed this series enough with its younger kin.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Just looked up some screenshots of Arena...apparently Mecha Hitler from Wolfenstein was moonlighting in the world of Nirn. You can see his corpse right here...

nightowlc

Nov 5, 2008
Wow. Looking at the latest game covers, I would never have guessed the first two covers were so over-the-top.

A bit surprised there was no comment about the classy Latin quote on the very non-classy chapter II cover. (I did look up a translation, it's "the art is to conceal art".)

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Just looked up some screenshots of Arena...apparently Mecha Hitler from Wolfenstein was moonlighting in the world of Nirn. You can see his corpse right here...

Its hard for me to notice as I'm too distracted by Full Head Of Hair Hulk Hogan....

I wish Elder Scrolls was still immature. I would've liked to seen that Female Human's Outfit on a Female Khajiit in the console version of Skyrim. And it would have to be the console version because the PC version makes the outfit pointless since you can just install nude mods.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
RatGouf said:
RJ 17 said:

Its hard for me to notice as I'm too distracted by Full Head Of Hair Hulk Hogan
To be honest Hulk Hogan is my favorite character in Daggerfall

I wish Elder Scrolls was still immature. I would've liked to seen that Female Human's Outfit on a Female Khajiit in the console version of Skyrim. And it would have to be the console version because the PC version makes the outfit pointless since you can just install nude mods.
What nude mods have to do with classy armor?