Judging By The Cover: Judging Justice League

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, not really trying with those posters. At least put a monster or villain in the background so you know what monster or villain will be in the movie.

EDIT: Or am I supposed to just say "first post"?

nightowlc

Nov 5, 2008
Yeah, I wanted to hear more of the fashion show commentary too. :(

And agreed, those are two very uninspiring boring posters.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
nightowlc said:
Yeah, I wanted to hear more of the fashion show commentary too. :(

And agreed, those are two very uninspiring boring posters.
Obvious comment is obvious, but... "Uninspiring[ly] boring" rather sums up the DCEU at the moment, so I'd say it's just honest marketing, for once.

Cyborg still looks utterly dreadful, and I still just want to skip to a Batman solo film. So long as Affleck's sober and someone remembered to write a script.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
How come Superman isn't in it?

Are we still pretending not to know he'll come back about 2/3 of the way through this film?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Wow. Those posters... exist.

Does it seem like DC is ashamed to be making movies to anyone else? I mean those posters have approximately zero effort behind them.

K12 said:

Are we still pretending not to know he'll come back about 2/3 of the way through this film?
Whoa there, mate. Spoilers?

I have no idea why you even think Superman will be in this movie. That seems like a huge leap in logic. I mean he totally died in BvS. The Suicide Squad movie even confirmed that. It's not like they immediately undercut Superman's death by implying that he was alive in any way whatsoever.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Great ending stinger, I lol-ed. Good start for the weekend after a really bad week.

Thanks, Yahtzee! Hope your new country is treating you well, mate!!!

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Saltyk said:
K12 said:

Whoa there, mate. Spoilers?

I have no idea why you even think Superman will be in this movie. That seems like a huge leap in logic. I mean he totally died in BvS. The Suicide Squad movie even confirmed that. It's not like they immediately undercut Superman's death by implying that he was alive in any way whatsoever.
Sorry mate, I don't know what I was thinking.

I mean death is final, we all know that. The inescapable inevitability and permanence of it is the one thing that trully unites all sentient beings no matter how strong, righteous, rich or intelligent they are.

The only real reason that Superman's death is meaningful is that the greatest being on Earth has met with same fate that we are all ultimately doomed to so clearly they can't just "bring him back" because that would destroy any weight that the storyline had.

Obviously DC wouldn't do that. I mean they hire professional writers and stuff to make these films, like really well paid ones too.

I can't argue with you there. How could I possibly argue with about anything, my Mum's username used to be Saltyk too.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
K12 said:

If these posters are hiding anything about the movie, I think it's who's going to be the Green Lantern. Every iteration of the Justice League has at least one Green Lantern, no matter which medium.