Judging By The Cover: Judging Steven Seagal

nightowlc

Nov 5, 2008
What goes on the end of a gun? Muzzle flashes. Let's just put muzzle flashes everywhere. LMAO!!

Segal's been making his own dignity magically disappear for at least a decade. I was really surprised when I saw this week's posters, I didn't think Segal was even in movies anymore.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
nightowlc said:
What goes on the end of a gun? Muzzle flashes. Let's just put muzzle flashes everywhere. LMAO!!

Segal's been making his own dignity magically disappear for at least a decade. I was really surprised when I saw this week's posters, I didn't think Segal was even in movies anymore.
He's more about singing about safe spaces now.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
There's still a market for his brand of films? Or is it all about that tax saving? I had a Dr once tell me about seeing his blues band in the US completely accidentally and it was one of the worst, half-assed performance he'd seen, where Seagull was drunk and stoned off his face, unable to play or sing to any acceptable standard. And this is blues! ...The crayon drawing equivalent of musical skill requirement. Not that blues is always bad, soulfully played blues is nice, but it is so incredibly simple that it takes effort to screw up.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Now he's done it! Segal has besmirched the name of the Perfect Weapon! Now he gets the sticks!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So...Deus Ex for next week? All the games' covers?
Johnny Novgorod said:
Steven Seagal looks like a slightly deflated Movie Bob in that third poster.
Oh my god, I can't unsee that.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
Xsjadoblayde said:
There's still a market for his brand of films? Or is it all about that tax saving? I had a Dr once tell me about seeing his blues band in the US completely accidentally and it was one of the worst, half-assed performance he'd seen, where Seagull was drunk and stoned off his face, unable to play or sing to any acceptable standard. And this is blues! ...The crayon drawing equivalent of musical skill requirement. Not that blues is always bad, soulfully played blues is nice, but it is so incredibly simple that it takes effort to screw up.
Maybe it's like Sony and Spiderman, he has to make at least one movie every once in a while or he loses his rights.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I got curious and turned to imdb, as (like most of us), I haven't seen even five minutes of a Seagal movie since about 1990.

I have to cotton to being somewhat impressed; he's managed to keep working pretty steadily for the past decade. This despite being a 64-year old former action icon with a reputation for being kind of awful to work with. And no neck or chin.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
So a Steven Seagal performance?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Gotta love Steven Seagal and how out of touch with reality he is. The guy can't let go of the golden age of over-the-top B action/martial arts flicks of the 80's and early 90's. He's been trying to keep that genre alive for the better part of the last 20 years single-handedly. It's both impressive and sad.

I will admit that his early work (if you can call it work) is my guilty pleasure.