Judging By The Cover: Judging The Beatles White Album

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
That was inspired. And more than a little creepy.

I'm reminded of the time in one of the reviews yahtzee did where he talked about a monster just having its jaw nailed to its kneecaps, and he showed it with one of his little cartoon people. I still get the shivers from that one.

Flathole

Sep 5, 2015
So, is this new content, or is Yahtzee just reading straight from a college music grad's essay about how The Beatles basically invented music, if not all art forms, as well as happiness and rainbows?

Well, and then adding a bit o' Silent Hill at the end.

We may never know.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
C:\Users\Yahtzee\Dropbox\jbtc\art.psd

And this is what happens when Kross isn't guarding the basement. Somebody get a broom and shoo away the demons please.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009

Well, I can safely say that was not the direction I was expecting that to go in.

I'd do the standard "I'm one of them now!" joke, but it seems like the text generator I normally use [http://www.marlborotech.com/Zalgo.html] for that sort of gag doesn't work on The Escapist. I guess the staff sprung the extra money for sanctified Hard Drives or something.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Step 1: Nail The White Album to your favourite Birch tree...
Step 2: All the acid!!!!!
Step 3: Voilah; the above video was created!

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I think Yahtzee found the key to the medicine cabinet again.

crimson5pheonix said:
And this is what happens when Kross isn't guarding the basement. Somebody get a broom and shoo away the demons please.
A broom won't be much good against them. Just surround yourself in a circle of nine candles and chant Ob La Di Ob La Da backwards and you may yet be spared their ire.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Aaaaaand I am insane now. Oh well! Funniest episode ever! I pity and envy which ever brave soul tries to play that backwards. And at the correct speeds.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Further proof that Yahtzee can make literally anything entertaining.

I can't tell if the little bits in the background early on were supposed to be discernible or backwards but it sure got interesting fast.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
aeric90 said:
Brilliant! Someone hire this man to make a proper horror game already.
Don't have the money. I could maybe fund something with hats but I can't imagine what they could do with that.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
I didn't expect THAT! But hell that was great!
... shouldn't have started watching as the "last thing" before going to sleep now, but oh well... :p

Oct 22, 2011
Well, it went from April Foo1st review, to Mr. Plinkett grade psychotic breakdown and then down into the depths ̶̻̖̲̘̭̹̝͉̦͓̪̃̈́̓̏͑̓́͐̌̓͗ờ̴̖͖̰̣͇̫͔̰͙̠̲̐̃͑̉̋̈́̚͝͝f̸͍͍͖̲͙͎̮̯͇̈͗̿͂͌͌̓̈́̀̌͜͝ͅ ̶̛̤̙̦͍̬̘͓͕͈̭͇͗̔͆̏̆̇̌͌͘͝ẁ̵̼͕̼̺͎̯̹͎̜̟̈́̐̇̓̉̄͛͠͝͝ͅā̸̛̛̲̲͖̜̟͓͈̞͕̱̓͂̄̓̈̓͝͠ͅr̵̨̡̧̛̝̯͉̮̼̰̭̦̓̆̅̀̈̎̓̓͛͒p̶͙̞̳̗̮̫̰̱̖̦̮͂́̐̈̈̃̄̅̌͌͠ ̶̡̧̲͔͍̤̗̭̦̩͎̇̐̃̓̅̑́̇̑̕͝ř̵̠̞͙̳̙̝͇̼̙̰͗̊͆̄̐̈́̏̐̚͝ͅe̸̢̨̟͈̞̳͔͈͙̮̽͂̀̓̐̐̔̕̕͘͜͝ą̶̜̯̗͍̫̲̬͈̗̠̊͊̇̊̂̍̿͋̈́̀̚ļ̶̧̧̰̱̻̬̘̟͇̩̇͑̓̎͐̆͋̍͋̈́̂ḿ̴̡͕͉̥̘̝̳̱̭̖͂̆͛̂̿́̉͂͊̕͜

empirialtank

Jan 22, 2010
So now I'm going to be that guy and point out that the apostles Paul and Peter weren't present for the Crucifixion of Christ as Paul was still and Pharisee and wouldn't have cared if that Nazarene heretic had finally gotten what was coming to him, and Peter was running like a ***** after the whole deny him 3 times thing. The only apostle that would've been present there was John: the disciple that Jesus loved, so chances are he was the one with his tits out.

Well spotted about that Eldritch Geometry though, I've always loved the attention to the maddening details that the while album cover boast.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
The Artificially Prolonged said:
A broom won't be much good against them. Just surround yourself in a circle of nine candles and chant Ob La Di Ob La Da backwards and you may yet be spared their ire.
I prefer Revolution 9 backwards - it brings all of the spooks back. ;)

Wonder how this analysis would have fared if he'd used the original style of the album cover. The words were embossed, had no color, and weren't parallel to the bottom of the album. Also, the earliest versions (on both LP and CD) were numbered.