Judging By The Cover: Judging Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I actually let out a huge sigh when I was playing Trails of Cold Steel and suddenly realized the skills in the Legend of Heroes games are collectively "Arts" and "Crafts"

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I really don't get why this game is on the Wii. Seems like with a little better dialogue and free-roaming, it could be a pretty solid PS4 game.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Silentpony said:
I really don't get why this game is on the Wii. Seems like with a little better dialogue and free-roaming, it could be a pretty solid PS4 game.
You might as well ask why Uncharted isn't on the Xbone and Wii U. Because it's a first party title. Nintendo owns Monolith Soft and they made the game.
Also there is free roaming in it as much as you want... or as much as you can survive.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
My knee jerk reaction to that "Arts and Crafts" line was to say "Ba dum tsh!" Don't tell me nobody else did that!
I also like the description "coral reef on legs".

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
And now I will forever see the earth being blown to shit as a big face with googly eyes.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm surprised you didn't bring up Microsoft Office when doing Transformers Devastation because that's what that game's title made me think of.
Also you didn't mention the Stargate in the one screenshot.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I thought "zed" was the letter Z. If it's X, the Greek letter you're looking for is Chi.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The movie poster episodes are all fine and dandy...but it's the game box art episodes that are where this series truly shine.

"The girl with the ass that just won't quit." xD

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I wonder if Yahtzee has played it, and what he thinks about the game.

I absolutely love it!!! 65+ hours gametime and only chapter 6 of the storymode done so far, I guess there are many more to come, as there are already affinity missions requiring to finish chapter 10 before I can start those.
Many more hours to be put into this game :D

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Guffe said:

I absolutely love it!!! 65+ hours gametime and only chapter 6 of the storymode done so far, I guess there are many more to come, as there are already affinity missions requiring to finish chapter 10 before I can start those.
if it's that good, I'll have to play it.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
Guffe said:

if it's that good, I'll have to play it.
I am toroughly enjoying it!

I guess one could have the game done in about 70 hours, were I am now.
But I've been freeroaming the whole worldmap as crazy (5 continents, and so far I have explored between 20-40% of each) then there are hundreds of sidemissions which I've also been doing a lot of, so the storymode is a sidedish for me so far, and today when I played, my gametimer said 73 hours.

One small word of warning if you pick it up, it took me about 10-15 hours of gametime to understand everything, and they pretty much make you find out loads of stuff on your own. I didn't figure stuff out until I was level 20-25 that I could've done straight of the bat. So there are stuff one might miss. They aren't necessary tuff you must know, but loads of "hidden" stuff, and when you think you've figured everything out, they throw some new stuff in to keep everything interesting and fresh.

I really enjoy it, and it is by far the most complex game I've ever played. I also put a lot of time to try to get to all the places and I explore a lot, outside of the missions and just hunt for rare stuff, so that is oen reason I've racked up so many hours on it. But the scenes and places are beatiful. There are so many ways to play the game!

That ended up sounding like a really bad salespitch xD
Sory about that

nitrium oxide

Jun 10, 2011
Guffe said:
I really enjoy it, and it is by far the most complex game I've ever played.
I'm going to on a limb here, but I'm guessing you haven't played Crusader Kings 2? I hope I'm right BTW, because I'm not sure I could handle the very idea of a game even more convoluted.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
nitrium oxide said:
Guffe said:
I really enjoy it, and it is by far the most complex game I've ever played.
I'm going to on a limb here, but I'm guessing you haven't played Crusader Kings 2? I hope I'm right BTW, because I'm not sure I could handle the very idea of a game even more convoluted.
No, No I haven't :D
I don't know how complex a game Xenoblade really is, but for me it's the most complex I've ever played.
I haven't played many too complex ones to be honest. Still I find it has so many layers of game in it... if that makes sense...