Judging By The Cover: Mortal Kombat X

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
"Let's blurb, *****", has the potential to be the worst pickup line ever uttered by a CBeebies presenter.

Peasant_

Oct 27, 2013
Now I can't unsee Mortal Kombat Kiss Mwah.
One thing I just noticed is that Yahtzee is not just trying to be funny, he's actually reviewing the box art.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Always thought X is 'kiss', while the O in XO is the 'mwah'. Like when you're letting your mouth go off a surface, suction-cup style.

Flathole

Sep 5, 2015
"dogcatcher" is a much better name then "scorpion" for a fighting game villain, imo.

Peasant_ said:
Now I can't unsee Mortal Kombat Kiss Mwah.
One thing I just noticed is that Yahtzee is not just trying to be funny, he's actually reviewing the box art.
he's been doing that throughout the entie series! people don't just throw around terms like "negative space" willy nilly. and cover art- like the 100+page game manuals that dont exist anymore= is minor, but can make a huge impact on a game. the cover art for "ICO" comes to mind ( http://i.ytimg.com/vi/76SvR8WxWGs/maxresdefault.jpg ). I'm sure the hideous misrepresentation of the huge, shadowy game on the cover drove plenty of potential buyers away. In its HD re-release for the PS3, ICO uses the original cover art.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
"Disco Cenobytes" Dibs on the band name!
I've been howling with laughter since Yahtzee did a quick review of the last MK game's cover, especially with that "blue screened" bit.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Always thought X is 'kiss', while the O in XO is the 'mwah'. Like when you're letting your mouth go off a surface, suction-cup style.
Nah man, the O is a hug.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The Almighty Aardvark said:
Really small man? That guy's 1/5th the length of a star destroyer!
Compared to the Galactus-Sized Asbestos Technician, though, he is quite tiny. :p

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
That was a really abrupt cutoff at the end there. I wonder if Yahtzee just keeps going until he can't go any further and has to cut off the video in editing.

RJ 17 said:
The Almighty Aardvark said:
Really small man? That guy's 1/5th the length of a star destroyer!
Compared to the Galactus-Sized Asbestos Technician, though, he is quite tiny. :p
Yep, size is relative. Too many dirty directions for me to go from here so I'm just going to leave it at that. But something is only large because something else is small or normal.